Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: What to buy with gems?

Just bought the mermaid pond and i find it a really good investment, so many blue and yellow essences are needed
    If you play with a cat, you should mind his scratch.

Rhino Keeper
    I like the appearance of the fish market...I'm good on those speciality troll fish (butterfish, catfish) but how good is the return on the original orange fish?

I am seeing mixed reviews here as expected.

I'm between 3 things as I have many gem items I wanted already. Ali is out because just too much (I played a month or two shy of quest to make them, I am still hoping those very first original quests come back.)

So my choices: I finally have enough for Barracks....in long run will supplies and occasional gems be worth it for a level 50 player?
    I can get Ivys bakery...it's cute and seems to have some valuable items
    Or hold my 400 gems (makes me nervous) and see if there if something new coming out I will want. So far gem horses don't seem worth it,

Opinions of those with barracks and or Ivys bakery?

Also should mention I am caught up on quests minus the newest 2
    Last edited by janddolphins; 08-08-15 at 01:41 PM.
    Proud Owner: Dolphin Palace
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!
    Still part of the confirmation button club!

Life is more fun if you play games" - Roald Dahl 

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    If you're only tossing up between the barracks and the Bakery, I'd go the Bakery. The drops are useful for adventures so they will be used and not just go to inventory. And skunkupies seem to be making more of an appearance lately.

If you're level 50 already, you've been able to get through your goals and so the barracks may not be as useful. I guess keep in mind that with the barracks you need additional feasts on hand to make it useful. The good side is that you have another gem dropping source from adventures, so you will get your gems back in time. Good luck in your decision!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    If you're only tossing up between the barracks and the Bakery, I'd go the Bakery. The drops are useful for adventures so they will be used and not just go to inventory. And skunkupies seem to be making more of an appearance lately.

If you're level 50 already, you've been able to get through your goals and so the barracks may not be as useful. I guess keep in mind that with the barracks you need additional feasts on hand to make it useful. The good side is that you have another gem dropping source from adventures, so you will get your gems back in time. Good luck in your decision!
    Thanks for your input. Yeah the gems dropping back long term is one of the alludes to the barracks. I think I'll get bakery for now though and have gems saved so maybe that will be next goal unless something better comes along before. Thanks!
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!

Hello all. If you are an advanced player and have all the usually purchased items, I would suggest buying apple trees. They do actually give off golden apples (giving 5 gems in return from the golden trade) as well as allowing you to bake apple pies for the one gem trade. I have done this for a while now and am hoarding golden apples. I have 40ish now and I keep them for emergencies aka only trade them for gems when I need gems. This means I reduce the likelihood that I get a gem trap so in end effect I use them as a "safe bank". Just an idea. Happy playing everyone!

I
    Quote Originally Posted by chewingthecud View Post
    Hello all. If you are an advanced player and have all the usually purchased items, I would suggest buying apple trees. They do actually give off golden apples (giving 5 gems in return from the golden trade) as well as allowing you to bake apple pies for the one gem trade. I have done this for a while now and am hoarding golden apples. I have 40ish now and I keep them for emergencies aka only trade them for gems when I need gems. This means I reduce the likelihood that I get a gem trap so in end effect I use them as a "safe bank". Just an idea. Happy playing everyone!
    Thanks for the idea. I've actually gotten several from adventures, 6 apple trees alone I believe so haven't had the need to buy. I don't do the trades unless I am high on the nuggets though because they seem in demand for quests from time to time so don't want to waste them.

Curious if other players do the golden gem trade often? I've only done it's a couple times when I wanted something and was a little short.

For gems I do the pie and lemonade trade though

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by janddolphins View Post

...I don't do the trades unless I am high on the nuggets though because they seem in demand for quests from time to time so don't want to waste them.

Curious if other players do the golden gem trade often? I've only done it's a couple times when I wanted something and was a little short.

For gems I do the pie and lemonade trade though
    I do the pie lemonade trade for one gem frequently. Have not done the nugget egg apple gold trade yet. The ratio of this trade is really out of balance when SO MANY nuggets are required for some of these quests. I think the number required for this quest is ridiculous. Sorry to be negative about it. I am almost back to a balanced 1-2-3 ratio of each item to start doing the trade after a previous quest required giving up several nuggets, but won't be if I give up 25 nuggets for this quest. Is it 25 or 30? I forgot.

If you gem skipped thru this part to save your gold nuggets...any regrets either way? Do you wish you had your gems back or your gold?

Quote Originally Posted by evangelina812 View Post
    I think 1 Wizard school will be enough, but thanks! If I were to get two AND the three fruit trees, I'd only have 10 gems left.
    I got one of each tree from the adventures eventually. So....
    I do enjoy my red flower and the sheep tho. I wish I had gotten the sheep earlier in the game frankly.
    I'm considering the second wizard school now, once I figure out where to put it, I will. The first one is great.
    Having the fruit trees is good but, I did spend gems for an apple tree and, getting one from an adventure I now have two. That's 90 gems I could've saved, Ijs...

I'm in the same boat as the OP, what should I spend more gems on, although I don't mind saving them.
    I wish I could get another kitchen, the cooking camp seems light years away at this pace, it's actually making me kind of resent it, lol.
    Last edited by calilive213; 09-27-15 at 03:21 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    I get about 1 orange fish per collecting. It's really not worth the gems IMO. I end up having too many butterfish now. Really regretted getting the fish market.

Quote Originally Posted by 8hat View Post
    I like the appearance of the fish market...I'm good on those speciality troll fish (butterfish, catfish) but how good is the return on the original orange fish?
    Bakery Story 2 Level 22
    Add me: nancydrew88