Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: What to buy with gems?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleScorpion76 View Post
    On topic the flower I wasn't sure if you got in a goal has massive blue petals shaped a bit like a gramaphone. I don't know the name of it but you get it in a goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleScorpion76 View Post
    This doesn't drop anything so I wouldn't necessarily bother with it:

Carriage.

Goal item you'll get anyway: Faerie Harp, Faerie Flowerbed, Butterfly Flower (I think).

Goal item if you pay with gems in a limited time:

Magic Fruit Tree

Items that can drop from adventures but I've found they'll drop after I got the first one with gems:

Orange Tree, Maple Tree.

I believe is Unavailable via any other means: Snowman.

The Mermaid Pond and Living Tree to me are essential 3 or 4 collections per day of 1-3 of the item are fabulous.

I got all buildings at Christmas except the Harvest Pergola. The other buildings all drop stuff, Stable - Sugar and ice cream. Kingdom Inn - Earth wisps. Glimmerbat - fruit but it also gives you the quest steps to build it. So that keeps you busy for a while. The fortune teller tent also gives regular quests. I think they released 3 or 4 sets of quests last year so well worth it. Especially if you haven't got to the Glimmergate, there's a quest which can give you unlimited supply of fragments and shards.

I've only given you info on the items I have knowledge of, hope this helps.
    This is neat, didn't know you could get those from quests, also didn't know maple tree was a possible drop. Was wondering why so many people have one of those despite all the bad rep I've read about the long collection time (still not sure how long).

Thanks for all the great info. They need to add an item that just drops sugar and flour with a short timer (like 2 hours), it's such a huge waste of time crafting these basic essential items almost non stop just to get enough of them to craft what you really need eventually. I always thought that if I got a Windmill then it might drop flour and sugar, but just found out that even though it does drop flour (but not sugar), it's pretty rare and it has a really long collection time.

I see a lot of people recommending the Living Tree. I am just now getting to where I even need these drops at all, so I might get that and probably the very much recommended Fortune Teller Tent.

I also see that the Harvest Pergola actually drops feasts that I can use for adventures! Now that's useful, I'm always low on those because it takes so long to craft, so I usually just try to craft simple feasts.

I went ahead and upgraded my Bountiful Table from Level 3 to 5 and got my first feast today! So fun! Fully finished products, instead of just crafting materials. I am still not sure how many gems it'll take to upgrade from level 1 to level 5 on my main account, since I didn't have resources to craft the items for it back when the goals were active.

Thanks everyone for all the great advice. I spent all my gems and am very happy with my purchases. For my newer castle, I got an orange tree (from an adventure, so happy about that) and a second skunkupine house, because I always need those for earning trade tickets. For my older account, I spent my gems on getting the bountiful table to work and start producing drops. I am going to use all this advice to pick my next few choices when I get more gems.
    Last edited by CuteTali; 03-09-15 at 05:51 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by CuteTali View Post
    Thanks for all the great info. They need to add an item that just drops sugar and flour with a short timer (like 2 hours), it's such a huge waste of time crafting these basic essential items almost non stop just to get enough of them to craft what you really need eventually. I always thought that if I got a Windmill then it might drop flour and sugar, but just found out that even though it does drop flour (but not sugar), it's pretty rare and it has a really long collection time.
    I'm almost always maxed out on sugar and flour, bread, and only bake to prevent it from getting lost in void due to the cap. I can see it would be usefull for lower levels, but once you reach a certain level, you don't need it that much.
    I have 2 windmills, the Reindeer Stables and Harvest Pergola

I see a lot of people recommending the Living Tree. I am just now getting to where I even need these drops at all, so I might get that and probably the very much recommended Fortune Teller Tent.
    Fortune Tellers Tent is nice, but be sure not to get it too soon: you'll wanna have the (everlasting) Glimmer Rock Fortune when you're working on the Sister, Sister-goal. Just don't give that 3rd chop to the log, and you'll have infinity glimmer shards and glimmer parts.

I also see that the Harvest Pergola actually drops feasts that I can use for adventures! Now that's useful, I'm always low on those because it takes so long to craft, so I usually just try to craft simple feasts.
    It's indeed a nice one, tho it doesn't drop feasts all the time, and the waiting time is long: 16 hours.

Executive Chef
    Hi all! I would love some help from more experienced players!!

Ok, so, I have about 200 gems saved and I don't want to lose them to a gem trap. I'm ok waiting until a sale to buy 120 more to get something a little more expensive... that's probably the max I will spend though. Maaaaaybe I will work to save up to 400 gems total. 200-400 max is my price range.

I am looking specifically for items that would help in the Glimmergate questline and Faerie questlines. I just unlocked Sabina and built her house, about to expand to the Forgotten Roost. I am working on defeating the three king trolls in the Troll tribe questline. Also, working on the early stages of the Faerie questline. I will be building the Faerie Respite very soon.

I already have two Wizard Schools, all fruit trees, a maple tree, red trillium, and a magic fruit tree. I don't currently see any need for any of the animals (I do already have one sheep, plenty of pigs, and one white cow).

I'm considering maybe a second glimmerdust trove? I'm definitely short on glimmerdust at the moment, but I believe mushrooms are going to become super important soon? I'm always maxed on them currently but I've heard things about them becoming important... in which case I'd probably get enough glimmerdust from my red mushrooms that buying another trove would be a waste. Then again, it is only 40 gems.

I've always wanted the mermaid pond because it is so pretty, but to this point in the game, I've always been able to get the mermaid scales I need from my ponds and wells. I wouldn't say I ever have tons of mermaid scales but I do pretty well. I also have the aquifers shard from the tablet, so I get more mermaid scales than I otherwise would. I also appreciate the fish from this too, as I can do the meat delivery energy trade quite frequently to collect trade tickets, so it feels like it's ****ing two birds with one stone. But if mermaid scales will become super important, I would consider the pond.

Otherwise....? I know doing a lot of sweet feasts for the desert sands is important (I think because I'll be looking for something to craft the dragon, correct?) I don't know if there are any gem items that would help with this. Harvest pergola, reindeer stable, fortune teller tent?

Is there anything else I should be considering? A living wood tree? I've absolutely never been short of living wood in the game, but I have definitely seen players on goals further ahead than me claiming that they are quite short on it.

Any and all opinions appreciated!

(I bolded key points just in case what I wrote is too long to read, lol)
    Last edited by readysetgo888; 03-29-15 at 08:52 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by readysetgo888 View Post
    Hi all! I would love some help from more experienced players!!

Ok, so, I have about 200 gems saved and I don't want to lose them to a gem trap. I'm ok waiting until a sale to buy 120 more to get something a little more expensive... that's probably the max I will spend though. Maaaaaybe I will work to save up to 400 gems total. 200-400 max is my price range.

I am looking specifically for items that would help in the Glimmergate questline and Faerie questlines. I just unlocked Sabina and built her house, about to expand to the Forgotten Roost. I am working on defeating the three king trolls in the Troll tribe questline. Also, working on the early stages of the Faerie questline. I will be building the Faerie Respite very soon.

I already have two Wizard Schools, all fruit trees, a maple tree, red trillium, and a magic fruit tree. I don't currently see any need for any of the animals (I do already have one sheep, plenty of pigs, and one white cow).

I'm considering maybe a second glimmerdust trove? I'm definitely short on glimmerdust at the moment, but I believe mushrooms are going to become super important soon? I'm always maxed on them currently but I've heard things about them becoming important... in which case I'd probably get enough glimmerdust from my red mushrooms that buying another trove would be a waste. Then again, it is only 40 gems.

I've always wanted the mermaid pond because it is so pretty, but to this point in the game, I've always been able to get the mermaid scales I need from my ponds and wells. I wouldn't say I ever have tons of mermaid scales but I do pretty well. I also have the aquifers shard from the tablet, so I get more mermaid scales than I otherwise would. I also appreciate the fish from this too, as I can do the meat delivery energy trade quite frequently to collect trade tickets, so it feels like it's ****ing two birds with one stone. But if mermaid scales will become super important, I would consider the pond.

Otherwise....? I know doing a lot of sweet feasts for the desert sands is important (I think because I'll be looking for something to craft the dragon, correct?) I don't know if there are any gem items that would help with this. Harvest pergola, reindeer stable, fortune teller tent?

Is there anything else I should be considering? A living wood tree? I've absolutely never been short of living wood in the game, but I have definitely seen players on goals further ahead than me claiming that they are quite short on it.

Any and all opinions appreciated!

Fortune Teller tent because of the 'log' fortune and the sticky fortune, among others, would be my vote and suggestion!
    ⚔TSS⚔
    Guardian of Thuakie Sword #2
    🔵❌❌{❎}=============>

Queendom of Natalien

Nightclub Owner
    readysetgo888, I completely agree 1000% with the fortune teller tent, especially for when you get to the goal, sister sister. There's a fortune you're not going to want to get rid of until you've finished that quest! It's called "Glimmer Rock Fortune" and uses the Old Log. You chop it two times, then sell it for 0, then buy it again, chop it two times, sell it.....rinse/repeat. This fortune gives you unlimited glimmer shards/fragments and you'll need as many as you can get when it comes to that goal. If you get the Fortune Teller tent now, you may make it up to that fortune by the time you get to sister, sister.

I personally have a Living Wood Tree and Mermaid Pond and they've helped keep me stocked up so I never run too low. There is a lot of essence and other things you'll have to make that will use up your supply of living wood and mermaid scales, both in the Faerie quest lines and even in the Blythewood/Goddess Tree quest line and your supply will diminish quickly. I'd also recommend a Faerie Flowerbed. You make one further along the Faerie chain (mad tea party) but I'm so glad I had one way before then, as the drops for faerie murmur got me fully stocked up and helped me get through the goals quicker than I had expected.

The only other thing I can think of off the top of my head is if you can afford a bit more, you may want to get a Mithril Dragon. I wish I could've gotten one as it would have helped immensely. There is a portion of the goals coming up for you that are going to ask an insane amount of Mithril (20 - 30 of them) and since it takes over 2 days to make in the Forge, plus the insane amount of silver.....Well the dragon would've come in handy.

Hopefully you have a few Manticore on hand as you'll need items from them as well. I hadn't had to tend to them in awhile when all of a sudden I realized how low I got on the items and now have to tend them again to keep up/bring my stock back up.
    Current games on queentina3 ID: Castle, Fairytale, Farm 2, RS 1, Diamond Quest. Games under this ID are named AppleBlossom.

Current game on 2tina ID: Castle only and goes by the name AppleBlossom2. I know, it isn't very original. Shut up!

I tip and run - don't ask me to write on your wall, as I won't. I don't expect you to write on mine. If you tip, great, if you don't, also great. Just answer my requests and I'll be happy.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by readysetgo888 View Post
    If you're talking about "end game" utility where you're always caught up to the point of just having that week's quests open I would rate your bolded items as follows:

1. Fortune teller tent: Advance to Glimmer Rock Fortune and proceed no further ever. There is not a single drop that you can get from the tent that outcompetes the near unlimited supply of glimmer shards and glimmer fragments that you can get from old logs. This is due to the severe bottleneck that you have in harvesting them from the Glimmer Gate, Greselda's Castle or Greselda's Garden. If TL ever chooses to fix this exploit you can simply proceed to complete the remaining fortunes. Also this is the only item that you've mentioned that TL releases new content (fortunes) for periodically.

2. Harvest pergola: If it's between a gem trap and this buy this. The drops are completely random and sometimes you'll get a cooked item (i.e. hearty stew) or even a feast but most of the time you'll get things like bacon or perhaps something slightly more expensive like sugar. It's not a high priority item and I don't rate it as highly any more, especially if you have 2 winter bakeries. But if you do not have the winter bakeries, remember that your kitchens will nearly always be the rate limiting step on any quests and anything that drops a few random items here and there will be useful.

3. Reindeer stable: Semi-useful, likely only costs you 1 energy per day and will drop enough ice cream that it'll keep you from having to cook it in your kitchen most of the time.

4. Mermaid pond: Slightly useful in that you can use it as a spare pond that guarantees mermaid scales but unless you're actively burning through your scales brewing Enchanter's Essences or Lumin Essences you'll usually be sitting at 99 scales.

5. Living wood tree: Useless, I bought 2 but unless you're trying to rush through something that burns through a lot of living wood you'll always have enough.

6. Glimmerdust trove: Useful but useless to spend gems on. You will acquire enough over time from adventure rewards you'll have enough.

If I were you I'd actually consider buying more sheep if you only have one.

Executive Chef
    I'm sitting on 420 gems..all collected from doing adventures in the castle and barraks. I've used some here and there with goals but am doing them patiently. I am about 7 papers away from finishing sister, sister. I'm still on the one where ivy needs to accept the inscription. I've done two now and nada. So who knows when Ill get to the old log fortune.

But I was thinking of using 200 gems to buy a horn to make my 6th Alicorn. I was also contemplating another wizard school or the magic fruit tree. Just because its so pretty. Then realized I get more than enough through collections and I never can make strawberries fast enough and glimmerbulbs for that trade that needs them.

So Im still saving and waiting for something decent to buy. Once a week I go through the list though to find something.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by orleansparish View Post
    I'm sitting on 420 gems..all collected from doing adventures in the castle and barraks. I've used some here and there with goals but am doing them patiently. I am about 7 papers away from finishing sister, sister. I'm still on the one where ivy needs to accept the inscription. I've done two now and nada. So who knows when Ill get to the old log fortune.

But I was thinking of using 200 gems to buy a horn to make my 6th Alicorn. I was also contemplating another wizard school or the magic fruit tree. Just because its so pretty. Then realized I get more than enough through collections and I never can make strawberries fast enough and glimmerbulbs for that trade that needs them.

So Im still saving and waiting for something decent to buy. Once a week I go through the list though to find something.
    Easy. Second Wizard School! They're great!
    ⚔TSS⚔
    Guardian of Thuakie Sword #2
    🔵❌❌{❎}=============>

Queendom of Natalien

Executive Chef
    Thank you all so much for your help! I appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    I'd also recommend a Faerie Flowerbed. You make one further along the Faerie chain (mad tea party) but I'm so glad I had one way before then, as the drops for faerie murmur got me fully stocked up and helped me get through the goals quicker than I had expected.
    How much is it? I just hit level 29 so it's still locked for me until level 30 (I feel like I'm farther ahead than my neighbors of similar level, probably due to having the wizard schools and stalking the goals I will have coming up lol).

The only other thing I can think of off the top of my head is if you can afford a bit more, you may want to get a Mithril Dragon. I wish I could've gotten one as it would have helped immensely. There is a portion of the goals coming up for you that are going to ask an insane amount of Mithril (20 - 30 of them) and since it takes over 2 days to make in the Forge, plus the insane amount of silver.....Well the dragon would've come in handy.
    He's so expensive. But, I don't even have the mithril shard yet. Will that make the 20-30 mithril goal pretty much impossible for me?

Hopefully you have a few Manticore on hand as you'll need items from them as well. I hadn't had to tend to them in awhile when all of a sudden I realized how low I got on the items and now have to tend them again to keep up/bring my stock back up.
    I do not... where do they come from? Is there any way to get them without gems? I'm definitely not at the point where I need what he drops so I'm not sure how useful it would be.

While I'm asking about this, what does the dragon drop? The regular dragon. I know there is a questline to craft him that I'll be starting very soon (about to expand to forbidden roost). The market description doesn't say what he's good for.

Executive Chef
    Thanks for breaking this down! It sounds like the fortune teller tent really is my best bet right now.

Quote Originally Posted by vednir View Post
    1. Fortune teller tent: Advance to Glimmer Rock Fortune and proceed no further ever. There is not a single drop that you can get from the tent that outcompetes the near unlimited supply of glimmer shards and glimmer fragments that you can get from old logs. This is due to the severe bottleneck that you have in harvesting them from the Glimmer Gate, Greselda's Castle or Greselda's Garden. If TL ever chooses to fix this exploit you can simply proceed to complete the remaining fortunes. Also this is the only item that you've mentioned that TL releases new content (fortunes) for periodically.
    This is great advice. I guess it keep it permanently on this stage by never fully chopping up an old log?

If I were you I'd actually consider buying more sheep if you only have one.
    How come? Lol I only ask because I'm always maxed on wool. I guess there is a goal coming up that needs a ton of it? I only bought this first sheep because I really wanted more prime cuts to clear the Baron goal for them and unlock the "feed the baron" thing. Which would be a billion times more useful if it didn't also require bacon....