Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fashion Story Update: 9-30-2104

Why orange? Haven't we had enough orange already with all the fall\autumn themed items. I can use nothing in this update

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by CuteTali View Post
    It's not the fact that it's a man in my shop that bothers me at all. On the contrary, some displays have a man in them and I actually bought them and proudly displayed them, but in this one, the dude isn't doing anything productive but try to make out with my customer, who should be focusing her attention on the clothes , not the dude haha. He could've helped her zip up a dress she's trying on or something, but oh well. I do like the outfit she's wearing, hoping we'll get that for our avatar in the future, it's so classy and cute.
    He is not doing anything productive? Because all of the other displays totally show guys helping the ladies try on clothes, or holding their bags for them etc. And what about the pose suggests that he is trying to make out with your customer? We have actually had a display where the couple is posed like they're about to kiss and you never complained. There is nothing about this display that's out of the ordinary.

Actually, women don't go around men's boutiques checking out men's fashions, that would be weird. Dudes going around a women's boutique checking out women's clothes, is not only weird but creepy too, so no thanks.
    I dont buy womens clothes for myself but if i did that would be my business and only short-sighted people could find it creepy. Moreover my girlfriends often ask me to shop with them for advice and noone neither customers nor attendants find it creepy esp since im not the only dude doing this. Finally when I shop for myself I often come across girls shopping maybe for their husbands or for gifts or for whatever the reason. I prob live in a creepy town full of creepy people and not in the middle of nowhere.... what you should find weird and creepy is that by offering us male characters TL duly lives in the 21st century
    If you play with a cat, you should mind his scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by orleansparish View Post
    I went around men's shops all the time buying clothes for my husband and son. Same way men go to lingerie shops to buy stuff for their wives, girlfriends, fianc?s, mistress.....Hahahahaha! Hey whatever floats their boat.

Some men wear feminine clothing, so they shop in girls places too. Same with women who like men cut suits. It's 2014. Not 1926.

That being said, she's rubbing his hair, with her arm draped on his shoulder. I don't see that as being PDA heavy. It's very PG.

Thanks TL, for showing us you appreciate the "swirl". I'm from a blended family and it's super cool to see that on here.
    Ty dear I entirely agree with you and again ty TL
    If you play with a cat, you should mind his scratch.

FINALLY, the LTO is priced reasonable this time round! I'm still considering whether I should splurge it or save it for BFS instead. Hmmm~ The LTO is nice, but it's a little too orange for my liking. One thing I don't get it is why we got a fruity balm stand in fashion? I though it's a lip balm stand from far, but I took a closer look again and it's just fruits.

And...... there goes the women vs men debate again! Seriously, can your please stop bashing one and another? It's just a GAME for goodness sake.
    ★ MiNiDeMoN ★
    ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ Always expect the unexpected to happen in TeamLavaLand.✿◕ ‿ ◕✿
    Proud member of the 0 Star Club!
    ❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡
    > Sorry, no longer accept neighbor currently. All invitation will be declined. < Thank you!

Fashion Designer
    It's not the fact that it's a man in my shop that bothers me at all. On the contrary, some displays have a man in them and I actually bought them and proudly displayed them, but in this one, the dude isn't doing anything productive but try to make out with my customer, who should be focusing her attention on the clothes , not the dude haha. He could've helped her zip up a dress she's trying on or something, but oh well. I do like the outfit she's wearing, hoping we'll get that for our avatar in the future, it's so classy and cute.
    If men in your shop don't bother you at all, you should go edit your first post in this thread where you clearly said you don't like men in your shop to begin with:

But the dude I could care less for, one because I don't like guys in my shop to begin with, I see it as a girls' boutique and just like no one wants men walking around a women's boutique, I don't want them running around my shop either,....
    However, I agree with you that his outfit is horrible. It is unfortunate because I like the interracial couple and I do like that.
    Although I don't find it PDA at all. Like she's hugging him lightly from behind? Or just resting on his shoulder/head, almost a way a couple might pose in one of those glamour shots. The Tandem Bicycle display has a couple kissing, no one complained about that.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenKevin View Post
    I dont buy womens clothes for myself but if i did that would be my business and only short-sighted people could find it creepy. Moreover my girlfriends often ask me to shop with them for advice and noone neither customers nor attendants find it creepy esp since im not the only dude doing this. Finally when I shop for myself I often come across girls shopping maybe for their husbands or for gifts or for whatever the reason. I prob live in a creepy town full of creepy people and not in the middle of nowhere.... what you should find weird and creepy is that by offering us male characters TL duly lives in the 21st century
    I too must live in a creepy town!! Men everywhere in ladies sections and boutiques! My husband loves coming shopping with me to help pick stuff out. And my nephew goes for me alone sometimes, he is like my personal shopper and has amazing taste/style. when i used to work at a clothes shop many men who was studying fashion would come in to check both men and ladies clothes out. Creepy was the last word that came to mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ic3e View Post
    Can we just formally say that we have a problem regarding sexism in this game already? I mean goodness, look I'm just going to say that sexism is wrong and men and women should be free to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. A man can go to a boutique, a woman can go to the gym, a man can to a football game, as well as a woman.

On a waaaaaaaay more positive note, the couple is interracial!! Great job for passing another milestone TL! You're another step closer to human equality However the suit on the man is just downright atrocious
    Well said!!!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Ic3e View Post
    Can we just formally say that we have a problem regarding sexism in this game already? I mean goodness, look I'm just going to say that sexism is wrong and men and women should be free to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. A man can go to a boutique, a woman can go to the gym, a man can to a football game, as well as a woman.

On a waaaaaaaay more positive note, the couple is interracial!! Great job for passing another milestone TL! You're another step closer to human equality However the suit on the man is just downright atrocious

So what you're saying is, is that y'all done like that Kanye West at the MTV awards suit? How rude!

I'm just happy for orange. Don't think I can fit it anywhere but maybe if we get about 6 more expansions I can fit it somewhere.

Wow, this is still going on? I almost expected kooky to come flying in to close out the discussion and calm the masses before someone smashes a bottle of 1986 Ch?teau Lafite.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast