Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slow to get coins. Am I doing something wrong

Rhino Keeper
    Also make sure to expand your side shop whenever you get the chance. Once I fully expanded my shop....I think you can sell up to 12 items.....the money started rolling in. You just have to keep inventory full to be at the top of your neighbors list when they go shopping. Someone with 10 to 12 items will be first in line vs someone with 1 or 2 items will be at the bottom of the list. Whenevr there's an event going on I always make a lot of money. This last event I started out with around $155,000 and by the end of the event I had over $310,000.....and I spent a ton of money myself buying items to send out on deliveries to get the tree parts to earn the cat. It does get easier once you get more buildings and expand the shop. I'm level 46 now and I remember I struggled for cash up until I bought the pizza oven and juicer. Once I got those and started focusing on selling rather than leveling up the cash started rolling in.
    Don't try and get to level 60 as fast as you can. The more you level up the more cash it's going to take.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhenstra View Post
    Thank you everyone for the information. Helped so much. I have already made 20000 so won't be long before I get the juicer, and other buildings. Ciarjen I have added you. Anyone else feel free to add me. Dhenstra

If the train deliveries are something you enjoy, there is nothing wrong with making that your focus in the game.

To do train deliveries I would suggest not trying to level up as the higher the level you get the harder the train will be to do (more items, more rare and complicated items, more need to hold some stock in the barn)

One thing about trying to make money is that it is easy to be fooled by higher priced items thinking that it means more money for you when you sell them or if you need them for the train, that you will save money by making them yourself.

This is not always the case. To make these items you often need items which have already been crafted. The overall time to make the item often far outweighs any profit you get because when considering the profit you need to look at what you could have been making in the building and sold instead while you are making the high value item.

A simple example of this is the chocolate maker. I make chocolate all day long. It only uses a basic ingredients (no other ingredient which needs to be crafted first). I will compare it with the milk chocolates which take longer and need an item which has already been crafted.

Dark Chocolate

3 cocoa = 42 coins
    1 hour craft time
    sells = 59 coins
    Profit = 17 coins

Milk Chocolates

2 cocoa = 28 coins
    1 sugar = 56 coins
    1 milk = 14 coins
    Total for ingredients = 98 coins
    Craft time 1.5 hours
    Sells = 115 coins
    Profit = 17 coins

Compare profit over 3 hours crafting time

3 dark chocolates sell for 51 coins profit
    2 milk chocolates sell for 34 coins profit

So the dark chocolate is actually more profitable but it doesn't end there. Milk chocolate needs an ingredient which is crafted - sugar - so to get that 34 coins profit selling 2 milk chocolates you need to use your windmill for 40 minutes to make 2 sugar.

If you had been making dark chocolate instead, during that 40 minutes you could have made 4 flours instead.

8 wheat = 24 coins
    4 flours sell = 124 coins
    Profit = 100 coins

In summary to compare the 2 with profit over 3 hours

Dark chocolate = 151 coins
    Milk chocolate = 34 coins

That's just one example; there are so many of them. There is more profit in simple quick recipes and your windmills and dairies will be your most profitable resource buildings. When making train deliveries it may actually be cheaper to pay full price in the market buying items rather than making them yourself, so that you can use your resource buildings to make the most profitable item to sell in your shop.
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12