Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fashion Story Update: 9-23-2014

Fashion Designer
    This update is all over the place, so I'm not sure how I feel about in general. I wish the mannequin was wearing a legitimate pants suit, or something that Ellen Degeneres would wear. I do love the catalog, I'm not a tomboy but it's something I would definitely wear. I'm really happy to see TL trying to add in a variety of styles instead of the usual boring, bland, or preppy stuff.

Office Chair in today's update!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	15661
    Did anyone notice the New Office Chair?? I just found it!

Oh man, I really like the lto too bad I cant spend any cash for a while.... dissapointment.!!!
    "I love being married. It's so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life." ➖Rita Rudner

I Play BS & RS
    I gift & accept all requests for parts
    If you gift parts every day
    Feel free to add me there (◕‿◕✿)

(っ◕‿◕)っ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿(っ◕‿◕)っ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿(^ε^)(^ε^)

Executive Chef
    Not a fan of the catalogue, it's pretty bad actually, but the pants can be used with other things that look better. I think it's those people who keep trying to brainwash TL into adding more "manly" and "man" stuff into this game (and I think we all know who those people are) that caused such an update. This is why we got a box item that was all man boots last week. I don't care much for all this man stuff in my boutique, a game that's MADE for girls. If guys want their own little barbie dress up game then find it elsewhere, don't ruin this otherwise perfectly good game that was made for girls. Also most tomboy girls don't care about fashion and dressing up and they wouldn't downlowd this sort of game in the first place, so why go and ruin it for all of us who actually love this type of game? ugh...

Aside from the catalogue and the "man theme", I do like the counters and racks, they're neutral and can be used with all sorts of themes. When I first saw the counters, I thought they were brown crocodile leather counters, but this is nice too. The wallpaper is okay too. LTO is still crazy expensive, so I'm not gonna be buying it. I really hope they bring LTO prices back down to the normal range of 15-40 gems per display.

Executive Chef
    I like the LTO and the whole tomboy theme (since I'm kind of a tomboy), but I think there could be a better catalog for the theme, like the aforementioned pants suit (something classier yet not too feminine).
    I wanted to see some hairstyles that matched, but overall, I'm ok with the update.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by CuteTali View Post
    Not a fan of the catalogue, it's pretty bad actually, but the pants can be used with other things that look better. I think it's those people who keep trying to brainwash TL into adding more "manly" and "man" stuff into this game (and I think we all know who those people are) that caused such an update. This is why we got a box item that was all man boots last week. I don't care much for all this man stuff in my boutique, a game that's MADE for girls. If guys want their own little barbie dress up game then find it elsewhere, don't ruin this otherwise perfectly good game that was made for girls. Also most tomboy girls don't care about fashion and dressing up and they wouldn't downlowd this sort of game in the first place, so why go and ruin it for all of us who actually love this type of game? ugh...

Aside from the catalogue and the "man theme", I do like the counters and racks, they're neutral and can be used with all sorts of themes. When I first saw the counters, I thought they were brown crocodile leather counters, but this is nice too. The wallpaper is okay too. LTO is still crazy expensive, so I'm not gonna be buying it. I really hope they bring LTO prices back down to the normal range of 15-40 gems per display.
    I don't really dress in fashionable clothes per se since I think I look weird in them, but I definitely do like fashion. You do know that there are males who play this game and many more who are in the fashion business.

Executive Chef
    Women have the right to choose whatever they want to wear. Fashion isn't changing the mindsets of women, nor is fashion trying to -in the words of some players here- "brainwash" them into wearing masculine clothing. The choice of a woman to wear masculine clothing is purely her choice, her right and her interest.

Another point, may we please stop such hasty generalizations like "a lot of tomboys don't even care about fashion". There a probably a number of tomboys that care about their appearances in some way. Also this style is not only limited to a tomboy, girls and women (like I said previously) have the right to choose either to wear femininely, masculinely or both. Whatever choice she makes is purely to please herself and make herself happy.

It may not suit you but, look, a lot of other catalogs are very feminine so stop being selfish and think if the other players that aren't here on the forums and therefore have no say in what they want.

I, for one, really like the update but only because of the catalog. I don't really like the new decor minus the mannequin.
    Last edited by Ic3e; 09-23-14 at 06:54 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ic3e View Post
    Women have the right to choose whatever they want to wear. Fashion isn't changing the mindsets of women, nor is fashion trying to -in the words of some players here- "brainwash" them into wearing masculine clothing. The choice of a woman to wear masculine clothing is purely her choice, her right and her interest.

It may not suit you but, look, a lot of other catalogs are very feminine so stop being selfish and think if the other players that aren't here on the forums and therefore have no say in what they want.

I, for one, really like the update but only because of the catalog. I don't really like the new decor minus the mannequin.
    Very well said. The game isn't called "super girly ultra feminine preppy princess story," it's called fashion story, meaning various types of fashion can and will be featured. Every single woman on the planet does not dress the same, so TL can't include only one style. And just because it features women's fashion doesn't mean it's specifically for girls. There are plenty of male fashion designers who make beautiful clothes for women and enjoy women's fashion, so I'm sure there are plenty of men who would enjoy playing a game like this. If you really don't like something, simply don't order the catalog.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by CuteTali View Post
    Also most tomboy girls don't care about fashion and dressing up and they wouldn't downlowd this sort of game in the first place, so why go and ruin it for all of us who actually love this type of game?
    Wow. Y'all are hard on us tomboys. I am a tomboy and I like the game. I definitely care how I look. I'm a very cute tomboy. My hubby thinks so, too. You should see my cutely manicured feet and nails.
    Last edited by IsisGarden; 09-24-14 at 03:19 AM.
    Sometimes, you just gotta shake your head, so you won't pop off at the mouth.

#sometimesifeellikeanupdatelesschild

Not adding neighbors at this time. All requests will be declined.
    ❤️Love ya, IsisGarden (Fashion Story Moderator)
    Ft Support Help: Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com

The lto could be used all year buuuut more than 35 gems is too much for me...so I pass...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast