Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Request - major change! Please read!

Executive Chef

Request - major change! Please read!

edit(KP)- Update- No changes were made to the gifting:

Quote Originally Posted by SparklyOctopus View Post
    Sorry about the confusion everyone! There appears to have been some miscommunication with the game team. There were no recent changes to the gifting mechanics. To clarify, if you have 250 neighbors and you send all 250 of them a request for an item, all of your 250 neighbors will receive the request. When they respond back, you are only able to accept 20 of them. If 21 neighbors responded, you are only able to accept 20 of them in one day. Sorry again, and I hope this clears it up.

As since a few days back, TL has changed the rules about requesting.

Before, you could sent a request to all your neighbours (I have over 250) and you would recieve only the 20 first responders. This was fine by me.

Now, you can only sent 20 requests a day. If you do sent out to all your neighbours, the game will pick 20 at random, and only they can respond. The next day, 20 other neighbours will recieve your request, and so on.

This means that if you sent out to all your 250 neighbours, it would take over 14 days for each of them to recieve your request.

This also means that times events with requests will be far, far more difficult.

To be honest, it will mean you have to keep track on who's still active, and who isn't - while TL doesn't provide any help to that.

How do you feel about this change?
    Last edited by kooky panda; 09-15-14 at 02:43 PM.

The Honorable Panda
    Anaboe-
    I have not been on much today, but where did you get this information of this change?
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    Anaboe-
    I have not been on much today, but where did you get this information of this change?
    A Storm8 staff member posted in my thread about it a couple days ago:
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....il-not-working
    Quote Originally Posted by SparklyOctopus View Post
    Hello! If you sent a request to 200 neighbors, only 20 of them will get the requests on that day. Then, the next day, another 20 will get the request and so on, until the queue of requests is empty. If you send your requests to over 20 neighbors, there is a chance that it will randomly select an inactive neighbor who wouldn't see your request. We usually suggest to send your 20 requests per day to neighbors that you know are more active. Hope this tip helps in getting more Unique Oil from your neighbors! Good luck!
    ... then did not reply when I asked why they made such a horrible change that can affect our games by WEEKS, and without even the courtesy of warning us. Presumably no response because I posted it on Friday and then it was the weekend. During which time I have been really upset about this all. I posted about it in a couple relevant places but got no response. Thank you Anaboe, for posting about this huge game obstacle in a way that would be more noticeable.
    Last edited by zenobia42; 09-14-14 at 09:47 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post

... then did not reply when I asked why they made such a horrible change that can affect our games by WEEKS, and without even the courtesy of warning us. Presumably no response because I posted it on Friday and then it was the weekend. During which time I have been really upset about this all. I posted about it in a couple relevant places but got no response. Thank you Anaboe, for posting about this huge game obstacle in a way that would be more noticeable.

They suggest that you sent to neighbours who are active. I am very interested in seeing their reply on how to do that because I have no idea how to work out which neighbours are active and which are not.
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post

I think you might be confused, to my understanding this is the same as it's always been. That's why you sometimes get requests from people that are days old. I've only been playing a few months (maybe 4?) but this has always been how it works since I've played, and from what I understand from reading the forums this is how it's always been.

Executive Chef
    I hope you're right oscarbeebee, but the way I read what SparklyOctopus says:

If you sent a request to 200 neighbors, only 20 of them will get the requests on that day.
    That's quite something different than "If you sent a request to 200 neighbors, only 20 of them can answer to the request that day.".

The way it was, was that the 20 first responders get the request. The difference is this:

Before:
    You have 200 neighbours, of which 20 are active, 180 slightly or totally inactive. You sent out a request to all 200 neighbours, and the 20 active respond within hours. The next day, it's exactly the same: you sent requests to all neighbours, your 20 active respond. Yes, the inactive get the requests too - after you stopped sending requests ?nd the active neighbours responded. In this scenaria, you will get 40 responses in 2 days.

Now:
    You have 200 neighbours, of which 20 are active, 180 slichtly or totally inactive. You sent out a request to all 200 neighbours, but only 20 randomly chosen neighbours recieve the request. That means that, statistically speaking, you reach 2 active neighbours, and 18 inactive. So, after 2 days, you have 4 responses, and it takes 10 days to reach every active neighbour. Which gives you 20 responses in 10 days.

The difference: 40 in 2 vs 20 in 10. The only way to overcome this, is to actually keep track of who's active and who's not.
    Last edited by Anaboe; 09-15-14 at 06:31 AM.

Host(ess)
    It seems to me, that a neighbor worn't be allocated the request until that neighbor logs on. So, 200 requests in the queue, the first 20 neighbors log on, get the request. 99.999999...% accept the request. I have noticed that I'll receive accepted requests days after my last request.

The Honorable Panda
    I am checking on this for clarification.
    What is different is " computer may randomly select the 20 who receive your request "
    Before you could only get 20 per day back, but I thought it was the first 20 neighbors that sent the request back.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Quote Originally Posted by oscarbeebee View Post
    I think you might be confused, to my understanding this is the same as it's always been. That's why you sometimes get requests from people that are days old. I've only been playing a few months (maybe 4?) but this has always been how it works since I've played, and from what I understand from reading the forums this is how it's always been.
    As far as I can remember (I started early 2013) I thought it had been that way as well, oscarbeebee. I have received a request before that was 6 days old. I felt bad if I declined it so I went to that nbrs wall & informed them of the fact that I just got it & sent it just in case. So it seems that the request queue is clogged for days before new requests you might make for something different actually reach your nbrs. Hope I'm making sense here.

Anyways, I think it's been an ongoing thing since day 1 whether sending out more than the allotted requests is a good thing or not. Me, I only have about 60 nbrs and know exactly whose actively playing or not. I do have a few who seem to have slowed down considerably but that's fine and they're still my nbrs. Then I do have some who are the best nbrs because we post back & forth pretty much everyday. I don't think I could handle any more than that anyway.

Hopefully, Anaboe, someone will actually explain how the request system works in detail now so we all won't be so confused.

Thanks, Kooky.
    Last edited by meme1098; 09-15-14 at 09:01 AM.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Executive Chef
    I thought it always went to the first twenty you selected alphabetically. someone also suggested on another thread that you can request from Stormie after your first 20, and get one extra from Stormie. could you check on that, too, Kooky? thanks, Annie
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast