Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Holiday Suggestion Thread 9-11-14

Executive Chef
    I luv having new holiday doors too. Pretty wallpapers and tiles to go with each holiday.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperWoo View Post
    What I'd like to see again in this game is the holiday feel going on in the whole bakery.... like for example in the Christmas 2012 version I think, the whole outside of the bakery is covered in snow, and there's an actual snowing effect inside the bakery (and I'm not sure but I think the bg music is also different?). I would love to see effects like that again starting fall. Also would love to see more goal/holiday-themed doors for coins.
    YES YES YES! I second this! It was such a disappointment last year when the holiday versions didn't have this. Also, in the Halloween version the customers were wearing costumes. Please do this again!

Executive Chef
    i love the 2012 holiday versions! i played them all october/december last year (and will likely do so again) because the bots & backgrounds are so cute! you should totally roll those out again, TL.

also, would love more freestanding characters--i started too late for the mummy & vampire, and i am always sad to see them locked as goals in my design tab. we got witchy phoebe last year, so zombie? random monster? alien would be good.
    Last edited by twospoons; 09-12-14 at 04:40 PM.
    I go by varying numbers of utensils in BS, and cafe lula, welcome cafe, and zephyr cafe in RS (just so you know it's me--you can't add me by those).
    I always love to visit well-designed or creative bakeries & restaurants!

Executive Chef
    I loved the decor from Christmas 2012 the reindeer and Santa's grotto were great. I barely knew what I was doing and like a real dummy I sold all of it and I sure can't afford the gems to replace them. So I would love to c something themed like that challenge was.
    Halloween- I loved the food last year it was nice and spooky. The final prize fir the challenge, a spooky gathering, was also great.
    I'm stumped by Thanksgiving. I don't remember much about that challenge at all. A festive occasion w all the frills would b nice. Everyone does a lot of baking so we should b tasked w doing the same.
    No matter what, the decor for ea holiday is a must.
    Last edited by ElaineCarrel; 09-12-14 at 05:36 PM.
    Currently NOT ADDING NBRS SO PLZ DO NOT SEND INVITE
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel

Executive Chef
    Bakery Story Suggestions for Christmas Holiday Cheer

https://forum.storm8.com/showthread.p...ory-Game-Guide
    - see the photos in Sehanas Inventory Charts
    -because I like the graphics

2011 Recipes
    Holiday cupcake: 10 hour (oven recipe)
    Yule log: 6 hour(oven recipe)
    Mince pie: 1 hour(oven recipe)

2012 Recipes
    Instant Pudding: 5 min. (oven recipe)
    The graphics remind me of my mums Plum Pudding that steamed on top of the stove for 2 days.
    Holiday Waffles 2hour (oven recipe)

It has been said that the previous goal recipes will remained locked
    but not forgotten. (the locked goal icon is a constant reminder)

WHAT IF you Added recipes that have the same name & maybe graphics
    to New Special Ovens.

If you put a Holiday Cupcake with a Holiday Waffles and
    ADD a Candy Cane Cookie recipe

If you put a Yule Log with a Mince pie and
    ADD a Plum Pudding recipe

KEEP the recipes with the Special oven's
    ADD some goals (some with classy decorations)

THEN
    The holiday would be perfect for me.

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Thank you for starting this thread, Kooky! It's great to see TL is open to suggestions!

Firstly, I want to say I agree with the majority of suggestions in this thread so far. I second the requests for Bakery versions which have themed bots and themed outdoors and new doors to match the seasons (preferably for coins!).

Secondly, here is my list of suggestions! It's very long and picture-heavy, but hopefully there's some holiday inspiration to be had from it! Items I would like to see are in italics, but feel free to take the rest of this very long post as suggestions!

AUTUMNAL/SEPTEMBER EQUINOX (Of course it's a holiday! What are you talking about?)
    -Maple Candy, Maple Cake
    -Pumpkin Latte (hopefully we can keep this year-round and not just seasonally!)
    -Pumpkin Roll Cake (Yum!)
    -Festive Door with Autumn Wreath
    -More pumpkin decor in general
    -Perhaps some more Cocoa Recipes? Pretty please? The White Hot Cocoa could use some company

HALLOWEEN
    -I'd love to see the Bobbing For Apples decoration brought back! Apparently this was a Halloween item last year, and I sold mine before I realized it would be removed Picture borrowed and cropped from creamypuff's larger picture on this thread.

-Maybe Hazel could come back as Witch Hazel! It's punny because witch hazel is the name of a plant
    -Costumed Helpers please! Maybe a Zombie Baker, or a vampire sipping some blood tea, or a werewolf holding chocolate cupcakes (like the Farmer's Saleswoman)

DAY OF THE DEAD
    -Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'd much prefer to see Day of the Dead (or D?a de los Muertos) goals and recipes over Halloween goals in October. I'd like regular Halloween updates throughout October, but for goals I'd much rather have this! I feel Bakery Story needs a bit of multiculturalism; the last time we had cultural goals was in June!
    -Appliance/Recipe suggestions: Sugar Skulls, Calabasa Dulce (Candied Pumpkin), and Pan de Muerte, all to be made on an Oven of the Dead (or something similar)

They're all traditional Day of the Dead foods, and all sweet! For drinks, we could have Atole, a thick milky drink which is also traditional to the Day of the Dead. As an appliance, perhaps we could get an Atole Mixer, which could serve Pumpkin Atole, Cinnamon Atole, and Champurrado (Chocolate Atole). It would also be great if these could be served in cute little jarritos like the ones below!

-Wall Hangings suggestion: Papel Picados, Sugar Skull Masks

-Wallpaper suggestion: Tiled Sugar Skulls (like in the picture below):

-Floor Tile suggestion: Marigold Petals (a Dirt Tile with Marigold Petals on top)
    -Floor Decoration suggestions: Ghost Party (a group of ghosts enjoying their offerings on a decorated graveyard space), Calavera Catrina (literally an "Elegant Skeleton", she's a symbol of the Day of the Dead), Marigold Bouquets or Marigold Skulls (marigolds are used to decorate graves for the holiday)
    -Inspiration Pictures:

These would be great to see! Please consider it, TL!

THANKSGIVING
    -Considering turkey isn't exactly associated with dessert, I'd like to suggest an autumn-into-winter-themed update, perhaps centered around pears! We don't have any pear-related items in Bakery Story yet, and it's a shame because pears are delicious!
    **EDIT: Some brief research revealed that 2012 Thanksgiving goals introduced a Mincy Pear Cobbler, pictured below. But it's the only one so far, and it could never hurt to have more pear recipes!

-Appliance/Recipe suggestions: A Pear Oven (a brown/orange/green oven with a pear on the side) that can give us Baked Pears, Pear Tarts, and Pear Cake. Also, a Pear Drink Machine (this could just be a freestanding pear with enough space cut out to give a drink mixer feel, with grating and faucets; or perhaps a glass tea dispenser in shape of a pear) which could give Pear Juice, Spiced Pear Cider, and White Pear Tea

-Wallpaper suggestion: a Pear Orchard (tiled pear trees, similar to the Enchanted Forest wallpaper that exists at the moment)

-Floor tile suggestion: Dirt Tile or Fall Leaves
    -Table: Pear Table

-Chair: Pear Chair

-Wall Hanging suggestions: Pear Clock (similar to the Apple Clock that released the week before the coffee goals)
    -Floor Decoration suggestions: Pear Tree with a partridge in , Basket of Pears, Pear Picking (where kids are gathered with baskets to pick pears from pear trees)

**EDIT: Looking this over, I think the above suggestions would be much better suited to a regular update rather than a goal set, so I've changed them accordingly. I'd still like to see new pear recipes, though - perhaps on standalone appliances? If we could get a honey mixer, we might be able to get a pear oven
    New suggestion for November goals here!

BLACK FRIDAY
    -Request thread here!

DECEMBER HOLIDAYS (Hanukkah/Christmas/Kwanzaa/Winter Solstice)
    -A Pile of Gifts would be great for all holidays this time of year!
    -A Festive Cupcake Tree to go along with the SweetCo Cupcake Tree and the Twisted Cupcake Tree from last Halloween
    -A borderless snow drift floor tile
    -Mrs. Claus! Although, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the other items below return either

-Maybe some goals themed around Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker? Natasha's good friend the Sugarplum Fairy is in town and needs help defending the Land of Sweets, which supplies Natasha's prized Magic SweetCo Sugar! How? By baking delicious goodies, of course!
    --We can get a Sugarplum Oven which could give us Sugarplum Pudding, Sugarplum Trifle, and Sugarplum Tart! And a Land of Sweets Drink Mixer which can give us Chinese Tea, Arabian Coffee, and Spanish (Hot) Chocolate, based on the sweets that come out to dance toward the end of the ballet. Festive and multicultural!
    --Wall decoration suggestion: Midnight Clock (based on the clock that strikes midnight)
    --Floor decoration suggestions: a Nutcracker, of course; the Sugarplum Fairy, and perhaps as the grand prize, The Land of Sweets, which could be a snowy scene with dancing people dressed as sweets, against a sweets castle made of gingerbread and icing sugar.
    --Inspiration pictures:

NEW YEAR'S EVE
    --Countdown Cake
    --New Year's Ball Cake Pops

I highly doubt even half of these will make it into the game, but you wanted suggestions, you got suggestions!

DISCLAIMER: Except for the first picture of 'Bobbing for Apples' and the picture of Mrs. Claus and Christmas 2012 items, all images were found through Google Images and used with permission.
    Last edited by pixiegamer; 09-22-14 at 12:31 PM. Reason: changed Thanksgiving suggestions

Great suggestions Pixiegamer.

Fashion Designer
    Fall/Halloween:
    -Bring back the haunted house!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Halloween.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	15503

-I would like to see this bench & light posts from RS:

Name:	Halloween2.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	15504

-I agree with the Day of the Dead theme! There is so much to work with!
    -More pumpkins! Giant pumpkin?
    -Fall themed couch! I personally love all of the couches in BS.
    -Themed windows! (Even for Christmas!) Lights around them, themed curtains around them, leaves/snow outside.
    -S'Mores campfire! People roasting smores!
    -Maybe a Halloween Cake Walk? With kids dressed in costumes?
    -Bakery workers in costumes!!!

-Bouquets of fall flowers in tall vases as floor decorations!

Name:	Bouquets.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	15505

Christmas/Winter:
    -LIGHTS! Wall lights, trees with lights, lights around windows, lights around doors! Fence dividers with LIGHTS.
    -CHRISTMAS TREE!
    -I wouldn't mind having the gingerbread theme back.

-Maybe a silly Who-Ville-ish theme? Crooked trees, crooked piles of gifts, bright colors.

Name:	Who.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	15506
    Bakery ID: xoxJenn

☮ ❤ ツ

Rhino Keeper
    I'm very glad to see designs
    1.Flower Wagon
    2.Spring Dresser
    3.Teahouse