Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Restaurant Holiday Suggestion Thread 9-11-14

Rhino Keeper
    I hope pixiegamer isn't serious? This is not an old folks game! Please don't bring in the 1970's Geriatric's Deco. I think that it's nice to have bright and colorful decorations when possible. No one wants to feel like their bakery is set up as a seen from the morgue! Dear Lord!! Thanks Giving is full of Oranges and Browns as it is...two of the most depressing colors EVER! I prefer to see cheery happy decor, with cheery happy colors..like last years Easter update! Loved it!! Reds and Greens are traditional Christmas colors but I feel this game should be a chance for the designers to be creative! If you want to use yellow and pink? BE MY GUEST! I'd love to see Christmas lights for the walls and windows. I think anything that looks Icy and snowy, like maybe some snow curtains for Xmas...also, for Thanks Giving, maybe some fall leaf curtains or some with pilgrims. I'd love to see an animated snow fountain! :-) maybe one that blows snow! We haven't done anything like that. A Christmas tree farm, Maybe a house with Santa on the roof. For Halloween...Let's do a Huanted House, a cemetery, zombies, Dracula, Sort of a Sleepy Hollow scene. Cemetery fence would be nice, Bat curtains because we always seem to get wall paper but no curtains. ANd FOR CERTAIN!! We really need Holiday music to match the holidays! PLEASE!

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeldon2864 View Post
    I hope pixiegamer isn't serious? This is not an old folks game! Please don't bring in the 1970's Geriatric's Deco. I think that it's nice to have bright and colorful decorations when possible. No one wants to feel like their bakery is set up as a seen from the morgue! Dear Lord!! Thanks Giving is full of Oranges and Browns as it is...two of the most depressing colors EVER! I prefer to see cheery happy decor, with cheery happy colors..like last years Easter update! Loved it!! Reds and Greens are traditional Christmas colors but I feel this game should be a chance for the designers to be creative! If you want to use yellow and pink? BE MY GUEST! I'd love to see Christmas lights for the walls and windows. I think anything that looks Icy and snowy, like maybe some snow curtains for Xmas...also, for Thanks Giving, maybe some fall leaf curtains or some with pilgrims. I'd love to see an animated snow fountain! :-) maybe one that blows snow! We haven't done anything like that. A Christmas tree farm, Maybe a house with Santa on the roof. For Halloween...Let's do a Huanted House, a cemetery, zombies, Dracula, Sort of a Sleepy Hollow scene. Cemetery fence would be nice, Bat curtains because we always seem to get wall paper but no curtains. ANd FOR CERTAIN!! We really need Holiday music to match the holidays! PLEASE!
    I fail to see how my suggestions imply a 1970s theme? There's no mention of disco balls or lava lamps anywhere throughout that post. There is no evidence of suggestions for a Green Revolution or military coups, either, so I'm genuinely confused. The only suggestion remotely relevant to your claim I can find is that of Gran-Gran in a rocking chair, but I hardly think she should be considered geriatric. She was spry enough to be throwing tea parties back in May!

And with Halloween coming up, I assure you, I've seen plenty of restaurants that look like they've come from a morgue. They look pretty fabulous to me.
    (And since you mentioned 'bakery' rather than 'restaurant' in your post, did you mean to post this in the Bakery Story Holiday Suggestion Thread? To be safe, I looked there too. No mood rings, Bruce Lee movies, or Jackson 5 songs in my posts there either.)

If you're going to criticize my suggestions, please at least do it in a way that makes sense.

To end on a positive note: I agree with your suggestions about curtains. We got some curtained windows in Bakery Story with the recent polka dot update, and they look very pretty. It would be nice to see similar curtained windows in RS.
    Last edited by pixiegamer; 10-03-14 at 08:20 PM.
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Hey TeamLava
    I'm going to suggest some things for Christmas:
    -An entire candy-themed christmas goal with christmas candy tables, a Christmas tree decorated with old-fashioned candy ornaments, candy cane floor tiles, chocolate wallpapers, and if you would, please bring back the peppermint tables and the gingerbread items. For the stoves, have the first one make old fashioned Christmas candy, chocolate santas, and Christmas tree cupcakes. For the second oven, have peppermint bark-covered brownies, chocolate-coated marshmallows, and of course the classic peppermint eggnog. After the first oven's complete have the Christmas tree with the candy I mentioned be unlocked, and after the second oven is complete, have a little scene be unlocked called "Santa's sweets" where santa and his elves are making Christmas candy!!! Hope this is a good idea! I have others, also but I'll put them on spectate posts.
    Thanks and I hope you consider this idea!
    FruitLoopsFarms
    Please add me on Restaurant Story! My ID is FruitLoopsFarms

Thanks, Everyone!!! Happy Halloween!

Rhino Keeper
    Been playing BS for a few years, but just recently started RS so I'm not sure if they have ever been released or not:
    Chicken and Dumplings
    Chips and Salsa
    Fettuccini Alfredo
    Garlic Bread
    Subs/Hoagies
    Hot Sausage
    Ravioli
    Just some ideas.

Rhino Keeper
    These suggestions are for Halloween since that is the most relevant holiday at the moment. I will surely have some ideas for Christmas too, but I'm hoping these might be seen in time to make an appearance.

*Trees! Can we please have some stand alone, gnarly, leafless or autumn trees? There are just really not enough for any season, in either RS or BS....

*Witch decor! We've got costumes, and some zombie decor, and lots and lots of spiders and webs. But witches, basically a Halloween icon, are no where to be found! I would really love a witch to stir our recent cauldrons, as well as witchy decor like crystal balls, brooms, and maybe a black silhouette flying in the sky. Spell books, specimen jars, crows, and a black cat would all be welcome. Maybe some tables and chairs and other decor in green/purple/black for a nice departure from orange/black. Can we have a smoky spell fire/cauldron?! I understand that you have to leave some room for the following year's ideas, but witches, and ghosts, could really use some fleshing out. Which leads me to...

*Ghosts! We have a little bit of haunted stuff, but I would love a ghost floor decoration, even if it's the "in a sheet" kind. A tree with the little ones you tie on? A glowing graveyard ghost!

*Wall decor: I would love some picture frames with ghosts in them, or people with black/red eyes and fangs, or monsters. Web covered specimen/book shelves, large wall cobwebs, and some festive garlands.

* I would love some creepy lanterns for floor decor, some autumn columns of some kind, and a large black candelabra! Clusters of melted candles, either free standing or on a table.

*I am not a fan of actual dead people decor at all, but we could definitely use some bones!

*Werewolves! Pretty pleeeeease I would love one creeping around my graveyard.

Quote Originally Posted by jopazz View Post
    These suggestions are for Halloween since that is the most relevant holiday at the moment. I will surely have some ideas for Christmas too, but I'm hoping these might be seen in time to make an appearance.

*Trees! Can we please have some stand alone, gnarly, leafless or autumn trees? There are just really not enough for any season, in either RS or BS....

*Witch decor! We've got costumes, and some zombie decor, and lots and lots of spiders and webs. But witches, basically a Halloween icon, are no where to be found! I would really love a witch to stir our recent cauldrons, as well as witchy decor like crystal balls, brooms, and maybe a black silhouette flying in the sky. Spell books, specimen jars, crows, and a black cat would all be welcome. Maybe some tables and chairs and other decor in green/purple/black for a nice departure from orange/black. Can we have a smoky spell fire/cauldron?! I understand that you have to leave some room for the following year's ideas, but witches, and ghosts, could really use some fleshing out. Which leads me to...

*Ghosts! We have a little bit of haunted stuff, but I would love a ghost floor decoration, even if it's the "in a sheet" kind. A tree with the little ones you tie on? A glowing graveyard ghost!

*Wall decor: I would love some picture frames with ghosts in them, or people with black/red eyes and fangs, or monsters. Web covered specimen/book shelves, large wall cobwebs, and some festive garlands.

* I would love some creepy lanterns for floor decor, some autumn columns of some kind, and a large black candelabra! Clusters of melted candles, either free standing or on a table.

*I am not a fan of actual dead people decor at all, but we could definitely use some bones!

^All of this! But I would like to see some zombies too if possible

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Diwali is this Thursday, so here's hoping that TL will release some themed content for Diwali this week!

Although, with last week's rather disappointing box release, some Halloween content would also be appreciated. Perhaps TL could re-release past Halloween items alongside a Diwali update? That way, everybody's happy

Need Me? Send me a PM

I should like to have a new oven, All my food finish to get gems

Executive Chef
    I don't know if these have been suggested but it'd b nice 2 c the old holiday foods brought back. I'm referring 2 those prior to July of 2012.
    Thanks TL.
    Currently NOT ADDING NBRS SO PLZ DO NOT SEND INVITE
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel

New Resident

Exclamation Please give us more Halloween Decor!

Quote Originally Posted by jopazz View Post

Yes please I see other neighbors have a TON of Halloween decor from last year but this year only one table,
    One chair, one wallpaper? Please at least give us the option to buy last years items!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast