Thread: How To Get Your First Champion

Rhino Keeper

How To Get Your First Champion

Hi everyone. I am on level 95 and have never won a tournament, and never crafted a battle dragon. I was wondering without using gold, tips on getting your first champ? The dragons I use most for battling are Epic Passion, Pyramid, Forestfire, Landworm, Jewelry, Aether, Lvl 9 Parakeet, and Lvl 7 Easter Egg and Acrobat. I don't have many dragons because me like a few others don't collect dragons but keep ones I like. I have no diamonds or treasures. I won't be able to get Rogue because I am still on round 15 (Ninja) and am stuck on it. I wish TL will put a champ on am maybe a world event or spin the wheel. Tips?
    Hello! I play Dragon Story, Fantasy Forest Story, and Home Design Story. Add me at benjessie on either game!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by benjessie View Post
    Hi everyone. I am on level 95 and have never won a tournament, and never crafted a battle dragon. I was wondering without using gold, tips on getting your first champ? The dragons I use most for battling are Epic Passion, Pyramid, Forestfire, Landworm, Jewelry, Aether, Lvl 9 Parakeet, and Lvl 7 Easter Egg and Acrobat. I don't have many dragons because me like a few others don't collect dragons but keep ones I like. I have no diamonds or treasures. I won't be able to get Rogue because I am still on round 15 (Ninja) and am stuck on it. I wish TL will put a champ on am maybe a world event or spin the wheel. Tips?

If you are going to be using gold to get a champ, I would suggest going for a super rare one. This one would have been ideal.

Tournaments usually have champs to fight at round 15, 20 and 25. When you get to the round put in Passion to battle and if it does not have a critical hit in the first two hits, then use ultimate to take down the dragon. It will cost you 90 gold to take the 3 champs out but it will give you extra time to concentrate on the other dragons.

If there is a champ to craft you are going to need to get 99 parts in one month. During that month there will be two tournaments offering 52 parts which you will need to win. I estimate you need to be on target to win about 3 parts per day over the month to craft the dragon.

Even with a champion though it doesn't guarantee that you will be able to win tournaments. I have so many champs I don't even know what they all are and diamonds and I cannot win tournaments without spending gold.
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Nightclub Owner
    I purchased my first champ (Black Knight) in one of their special sales. At first I was hesitant to spend $15 but I have never once regretted it since. He's won more battles for me than I can count and has helped me win more champs in tournaments. At this time, my Angelfire is the best champ I have.

Rhino Keeper
    I bought Black Knight because it was a prize before I started battling. It's more than paid itself off. So if you get that opp I would jump on it.. I think though if you are going to participate in a lot of tournamentss, the more different dragons you have the better.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by benjessie View Post
    1. Alternate between passion and pyramid, fight, heal, fight - one of those two always take down champs for me. Usually takes 2-4 tries. I almost never use any of my champs in battle, they lose too often. Passion took out ninja for me this time.

2. Use dragons that aren't epic if you have a dragon with better colors and your epics are losing. Sometimes a lower level is the better choice even if you have epics.

3. You have to battle as many times per day as possible - if not using gold, you need to log in every hour or as near as you can. Try to get at least 8 battles per day. To have enough time at the end, you need to get through the early battles as rapidly as possible - some people try to win the first 10 on the first day.

4. There's an arena thread for tips in addition to the current tourney and crafting threads. You can post and ask for help, listing your dragons available. Double check color chart that you aren't using dragons with weak colors. You might be picking a weaker dragon or just not have good options for certain colors.

5. Champs shouldn't be a problem for you, since you have both passion and pyramid. Your bigger problem is the diamond & hybrid rounds. Without diamonds, it usually takes at least 5 or 6 tries attacking the other color. With no gold on speed ups, that's maybe 6 hours per dragon for a lot of the rounds between 20-30. You need massive luck or massive time. There is no other way to win without gold. You pay money or you pay time.

6. For crafting, it's the same kind of thing - you need to win several battles a day, if you aren't finishing tourneys. So you need dragons who can fight level 12-14 arctic and diamond hybrids. If you keep a journal of your fights, you can look back and see what dragons have won for you before against same opponent. But either in crafting or tourney, to get a champ you have to have enough dragons so you have at least 2 options for each opponent or you will not get enough battles won in the time available. You could have 2 of the exact same dragon, or two with same colors and rarity, doesn't matter. I keep an extra passion dragon, only level 8 currently but the rare times he fights, that is high enough to win.

7. It helps to know what dragons you are weak to and breed specifically for something that can fight those battles. It's all about maximizing your odds to get the lucky crit. I almost always spend 20-30 gold per tourney on speed ups, and sometimes another 30 on an ultimate - it is worth saving gold from neighbors and wait for a super rare champ you really want. It's possible to win without spending gold but it is difficult, incredibly time-consuming and unlikely at your level. Once you get high enough that you aren't getting the low-level player "luck boost" where you win with a lot of commons and low odds stuff, battles get harder. Good luck!

Hello. I am on Level 91 and have never won a tournament. Can anyone tell me what to use to beat a Champion dragon? I do not have any Champion dragons, passion, or pyramids either. I have not had any problems until I got to this dragon and have lost 3 in a row. Can anyone also tell me how to breed a rainbow dragon. I have not had any luck with trying different blue and yellow dragons.

Executive Chef
    Champs are hard to beat, in last tournament, I beat Ninja lvl with an Epic Diamond, and Rogue lvl 20 with a May lvl 1, but that's just pure luck.

I always save all gold I make to use ulti in the arena. I never bother to fight those pesky 15 or 10% dragons like Champions of lvl 16 and up, I use ulti the first time I encounter them in the arena. That way I have more time for the other battles.

When I wasn't that high level and didn't have that many epics, Champs or Diamond, I usually used 4-7 ulti's per tournament - never bought any gold tho (atleast not until recently). You make atleast 3 gold a day, so that's 3x 14 (days between tournaments) + 15 gold you make during tournaments, = 57 gold for 1 tournament, atleast. Install all games when they're offered, level them up if they're asking for it, never speed something of use gold for anything else. This way I always had enough gold to win my tournament. (Exept for that time I bought a Gilded for 300 gold - tho I don't regret that buy, I still regret that I didn't get that tournament).

I have 12 Champions, and 6 Diamond-Hybrids, and I still need to use ulti to finish...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by cdc072371 View Post
    Hello. I am on Level 91 and have never won a tournament. Can anyone tell me what to use to beat a Champion dragon? I do not have any Champion dragons, passion, or pyramids either. I have not had any problems until I got to this dragon and have lost 3 in a row. Can anyone also tell me how to breed a rainbow dragon. I have not had any luck with trying different blue and yellow dragons.
    Any time you are trying to combine 2 colors into a new color, like blue and yellow into rainbow, make sure each color is on a different side. Blue on one or both sides, yellow on the other side or both sides. Like air and water, mist and air, mist and mist, etc. It doesn't work otherwise.

Almost everything has the same bad odds against a champ. Slightly better chances come from solid colors, judging from what people win with: fire, water, metal, passion, etc. At least that is what most often people list as winning with, but really anything can win. Expect to fight at least 10 battles, unless you're very lucky. Good luck!