Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Black Friday Wish List (bring back old items)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenKevin View Post
    I think thats a sensible reaction, not selfish. When someone spends tens n tens of gems on a box, how can they be happy to have the coveted item offered for a bunch of gems? If we want a particular item from a box, we should only get it by opening that box regular way.
    Sorry, but not everyone is made out of money to be wasting insane amounts on game pixels, so all of us normal people actually appreciate these are and limited time offers that TL gives us.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by CuteTali View Post
    Sorry, but not everyone is made out of money to be wasting insane amounts on game pixels, so all of us normal people actually appreciate these are and limited time offers that TL gives us.
    Agree.

And yes if you don't want others to have something you already have just because you may spent more to get it,that's selfish.In real life don't you buy clothes, shoes etc that others may buy them with 50% discount on sales? Should we say to the store I bought it full prize so don't let others buy it cheaper? Let's just say that patient should be rewarded sometimes.

thanks for telling me I'm not a normal person, if a moderator could suppress that post I would appreciate
    If you play with a cat, you should mind his scratch.

Executive Chef
    I think thats a sensible reaction, not selfish. When someone spends tens n tens of gems on a box, how can they be happy to have the coveted item offered for a bunch of gems? If we want a particular item from a box, we should only get it by opening that box regular way.

I stopped opening many boxes because of this. If that gray and white display from the plaid box isn't available I'll buy extra gems to try for it then.
    Last edited by orleansparish; 11-18-14 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by orleansparish View Post
    I stopped opening many boxes because of this. If that gray and white display from the plaid box isn't available I'll buy extra gems to try for it then.
    I got you - I generally try 3 times - If i dont get what I'm coveting, I just think luck is not with me and thats all ))

Rhino Keeper
    I got you - I generally try 3 times - If i dont get what I'm coveting, I just think luck is not with me and thats all ))
    wish i had the self control to stop at three! I have spent alot on pixels oops i mean box items!!! Now im worried there will be no joy for me on black friday as iv already got the displays and avatar items. Id personally prefer box items to stay inside for those willing to open. And black friday offer discontinued items and old ltos. Or even put boxes to half price!!!

I think that people who pay a lot in gems to be one of the first players with an item, partly pay for the privilege and status. Neighbours will always admire and comment on rare items. A few months later, if someone else gets the item for a discount (or even for free) that's not a problem because while they might get the item, they don't get any of the bragging rights since many more people would have that old item by now.

It's only if TL release a box and then in the next week's update put all it's contents out for a discount that I think the early adopters are entitled to a refund of the difference. They've only done this once or twice in their games, and only when it was apparent from the forum chatter that the price was too high that nobody (or virtually nobody) was willing to pay it.

Quote Originally Posted by aishaibrahims View Post
    wish i had the self control to stop at three! I have spent alot on pixels oops i mean box items!!! Now im worried there will be no joy for me on black friday as iv already got the displays and avatar items. Id personally prefer box items to stay inside for those willing to open. And black friday offer discontinued items and old ltos. Or even put boxes to half price!!!
    I definitely agree. Offering boxes at half price for BF would be a good way to satisfy all players: both those who cant afford to buy gems n those who spent gems on boxes n find it unfair to see an item offered for 30 gems while they spent 3x24 gems or more to get it

Executive Chef
    I definitely agree. Offering boxes at half price for BF would be a good way to satisfy all players: both those who cant afford to buy gems n those who spent gems on boxes n find it unfair to see an item offered for 30 gems while they spent 3x24 gems or more to get it
    How exactly is that fair to all players? It's definitely not fair for those who can't pay for gems or buy many gems. You probably don't realize this since apparently you can afford to drop massive amounts of money on pixels, but for those who can't afford to do so, being able to buy a couple of discounted displays to decorate their shops with for the whole entire year is definitely something worth singing about. For instance, if a person can afford to buy/save up say 50-80 gems to buy 2-3 discounted displays to work with for the rest of the year, they're not gonna drop all their gems on opening a box 2-3 times, which usually results with just a few small 4th place items. If you can afford more, then go ahead and splurge on boxes and redecorate your shop every week, but don't put down the rest of the players just because you can. That's just selfish. Instead, just let people enjoy what little accomplishes they can achieve for their shops and enjoy it. This is what this game is all about, it's not a competition of who spends more money on boxes or who got more items.
    Last edited by CuteTali; 11-24-14 at 12:44 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    How exactly is that fair to all players? It's definitely not fair for those who can't pay for gems or buy many gems. You probably don't realize this since apparently you can afford to drop massive amounts of money on pixels, but for those who can't afford to do so, being able to buy a couple of discounted displays to decorate their shops with for the whole entire year is definitely something worth singing about. For instance, if a person can afford to buy/save up say 50-80 gems to buy 2-3 discounted displays to work with for the rest of the year, they're not gonna drop all their gems on opening a box 2-3 times, which usually results with just a few small 4th place items. If you can afford more, then go ahead and splurge on boxes and redecorate your shop every week, but don't put down the rest of the players just because you can. That's just selfish. Instead, just let people enjoy what little accomplishes they can achieve for their shops and enjoy it. This is what this game is all about, it's not a competition of who spends more money on boxes or who got more items.
    Box openers and non box openers are bound to have different opinions! I see and understand where you are coming from. But still stand by my suggestion! I know it was stevenkevins post you responded to but i will say that i dont think its selfish and i most certainly did not get from his post that he was putting anyone down! When i said about half price boxes i dont for 1 second think that will actually happen! When the autumn leaf dress was offered for coins not too long ago, at first i was gutted as i had spent gems on that box for that dress earlier in the year. But then as i went by alot of my neighbours and saw how thrilled they was, especially the ones who dont purchase gems, i was happy for them! So i dont think its about competition either. Whatever happened to just agreeing to disagree?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast