Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1.2.3 Update - New Icon

Fashion Designer
    I wouldn't have commented in this thread, but PikaSquirrel asked for feedback so I have changed my mind.

I prefer the original icon as I feel like it is the best representation of the game. However, I would never stop/start playing a game based on the icon. Content is all that matters to me.

Thanks!

Rhino Keeper
    I wouldn't mind the current icon as much (hated the pink alicorn though and was so glad you guys listened to us and changed it ) if you would bring back the quest for the love shack. Even if we could just buy the love shack with gems (kinda like the fortune teller tent) and then get the quest to craft alicorns from that.

Rhino Keeper
    Has there ever been a poll of demographics who play this game?
    Does TL really know?
    I know it would not include the players who do not make it to the forum, but if you get real gem-y on the game, I'd bet you be here a few times at least.
    I read somewhere on the S8 blog that CS leaned towards adult females.
    And of course,the market for young tween females is good & growing.....but the question isss....are they gem-y in the long run? And as $spend-y$ as the heavyweights (m/f/other) that lurk/love this forum?

I know I like to pretend I'm an innocent 13 y/o, but lo, I am not.
    I don't dig the blue icon...it's flat and doesn't represent the depth and complexities of this game and I play a lot of similar games in the genre .....CS is still my fav.

I know my 14 yo niece would not have the patience/attention span to get past lv. 10 even if given a 20$ gift card....I recently asked her if she liked the icon...she said no, but she doesn't really play these type of games.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by reliquary View Post
    Has there ever been a poll of demographics who play this game?
    Does TL really know?
    I know it would not include the players who do not make it to the forum, but if you get real gem-y on the game, I'd bet you be here a few times at least.
    I read somewhere on the S8 blog that CS leaned towards adult females.
    And of course,the market for young tween females is good & growing.....but the question isss....are they gem-y in the long run? And as $spend-y$ as the heavyweights (m/f/other) that lurk/love this forum?

I know I like to pretend I'm an innocent 13 y/o, but lo, I am not.
    I don't dig the blue icon...it's flat and doesn't represent the depth and complexities of this game and I play a lot of similar games in the genre .....CS is still my fav.

I know my 14 yo niece would not have the patience/attention span to get past lv. 10 even if given a 20$ gift card....I recently asked her if she liked the icon...she said no, but she doesn't really play these type of games.
    From what I've noticed, most (if not all) TL games are very very much favored to play by adult females, those are also much more prone to splurge on buying gems, as they do for other items they like to spend money on in general. So if they really wanted to make more money steadily, I'd imagine they would focus their designs primarly to keep their adult females in their games.

All the kids that I've seen play these games don't take it as seriously as adults do and for some reason, they all quit sooner or later due to the complexity of some features and how hard it is to earn money. On the contrary, I notice the adult males that play these games are all about stats and how to make the most possible profit/gain from such games, almost as if it was some kind of a race to have the most such or other items/currency.

Teens that play these games come and go, they may play for a couple of months, then quit and come back on and off. They may spend some money on these games here and there, in lower amounts than adult do.

So all in all, I still see adult females as the main target audience for such games, since TL games give great outlet for designing and decorating, qualities than women do admire in games.
    Last edited by CuteTali; 09-05-14 at 09:18 AM.

I like the blue colour sheme of the new icon. But no unicorn please! Why no use ye olde Icon but less colourfull?

Rhino Keeper
    I'm not fussed about an icon but funny, the website still uses the old castle picture in several spaces.

Farm Supplier
    The old icon is back on 1.2.4 update?
    Anyone has already updated?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	15583

It's probably so the app works better with iOS 8 which also was released today. Waiting on both for a few days to see if there'll be any issues published.

Some of the new features look pretty awesome though:
    Last edited by kooky panda; 09-18-14 at 08:37 AM. Reason: removed third party link
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Rhino Keeper
    Love the icon change

Thanks so much for listening to your players.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    It's probably so the app works better with iOS 8 which also was released today. Waiting on both for a few days to see if there'll be any issues published.

Some of the new features look pretty awesome though:
    I never ever EVER update my iOS when it comes out. I always wait. Big changes come with big screw ups.
    Besides you will need a lot of empty space on your device to install iOS 8. Most people have to delete quite some stuff to be able to update it.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 09-18-14 at 08:36 AM. Reason: edited quote