Page 67 of 113 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast

Thread: Farm Story 2: Luau Festival Event 8-21-14 (IOS)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoila View Post
    Hi all, just giving a crash course on staking out your neighbours' shops. I think some of the tips were mentioned earlier, but I can't remember who, so kudos to that person(s) . I'm just consolidating the tips together, along with my own, in one place for easy reference:

1) visit your neighbour's farm, open their shop. If nothing you want shows up, close the shop. (By the way, make sure you have a stable internet connection)
    2) repeat step 1 ad infinitum. I know it's boring to keep doing this so get some music to listen to while you're repeating step 1 like a zombie. It allows you to estimate how much time has already passed based on the duration of the songs, so you know whether you have already waited past the time set by your neighbours.
    3) check your neighbour's wall/forum if they're running late or if they're already put items on sale.
    4) if it was a previously empty slot/shop, and there is a red 'sold' sign in the slot, it means you've missed the items just by a few seconds. If I'm not wrong, the 'sold' sign will be there until the owner of the shop collects the earnings from the shop.
    Don't give up if you missed it; treat it as practice for future hopefully successful stakeouts, since many more are mentioned on the forum

If there's any more tips experts out there would like to add, please feel free to add

Hope these tips are helpful. Good luck

** 2 shears up for grabs in my shop 15 minutes from now On your mark, get set and go!** (My ID/farm name is Hoila)

I would also add before visiting your neighbours farm to force close your app. Sometimes the items dont show for sale when they are are unless the account is force closed and then reloaded afresh.

When I am selling between two accounts I force close the buying account. I put the item up for sale then force close the selling account and then I open the buying account, visit the neighbour and open their shop. Doing this can take about 15 seconds on my slower ipad and in that time I have had items bought by someone else.
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by crystalrayn3 View Post
    Thanks! Looks like luck was on my side for this event. I only need to finish making the 10 coconut creme pies (I have the 20 coconuts thank goodness) & the luau pup will be joining my luau kitty. I have a question though. After the event has finished, will the coconut trees & plumeria bushes I've planted stay like the pine trees from the St Patrick's or western event? If so, will I still be able to earn shears in order to clear them away?
    No, you won't get shears but you can sell them if you want to get rid of them.
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by crystalrayn3 View Post
    Thanks! Looks like luck was on my side for this event. I only need to finish making the 10 coconut creme pies (I have the 20 coconuts thank goodness) & the luau pup will be joining my luau kitty. I have a question though. After the event has finished, will the coconut trees & plumeria bushes I've planted stay like the pine trees from the St Patrick's or western event? If so, will I still be able to earn shears in order to clear them away?
    Oh my goodness! this is such a good question!! I have a bunch of plumeria and coconut trees planted because I am helping a neighbor work through this challenge....I would sure not like to have my farm full of plumeria and coconut trees that I can not get rid of!! I did want to keep a few because they are pretty, but not a lot!! I sure hope we get an answer on this question!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ciarjen View Post
    No, you won't get shears but you can sell them if you want to get rid of them.
    Oh that`s good to know! I had to check to make sure you were correct! didn`t want to get stuck with a forest of trees!! lol.....

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by nukesters2 View Post
    Oh my goodness! this is such a good question!! I have a bunch of plumeria and coconut trees planted because I am helping a neighbor work through this challenge....I would sure not like to have my farm full of plumeria and coconut trees that I can not get rid of!! I did want to keep a few because they are pretty, but not a lot!! I sure hope we get an answer on this question!
    I verified what judyandthecat said earlier. You can select each tree and then click on "sell". A price of 30 comes up for you to click okay to that you want to sell. In essence you will lose 70 from your original purchase price of 100. But the tree will be removed from your farm.

Hope this helps.

I have 2 x 3 sets of shears which I will post in 5 mins - one set, then the other

Quick question my curry reward challenge is for hut am just wondering why some get a dog? Pic below

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	15220

There is another challenge after that one

I keep missing the tools and things that go on the market. Between work, and being on a different time zone, I am never around at right time
    Have managed to get the dog but back to work in 10 hours so not much time to play during the rest of the comp so doubt I'll get the cat

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sophiesonsters View Post
    Quick question my curry reward challenge is for hut am just wondering why some get a dog? Pic below

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	15220

There is a goal after that which needs another 4 curries (you need another 12 coconuts) and 10 coconut pies (you need another 20 coconuts)

Executive Chef

Thumbs up

Need two more hula skirt and leis to go to get the beautiful cat So happy and so Thank you to all have sold sherars and other materials