Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neighbor Ettiquette

Question Neighbor Ettiquette

Any suggestions on a way to keep track of those who never tip or gift? It seems that not everyone who visits shows on the newsfeed.

Executive Chef
    I guess you can visit them and if their rating is always low, you know you can toss them if that thing matters to you. When I first started I only visited from the gift feed. It made it easier for me to keep track of active players. Now I just don't care and rarely accept my gifts because I hate putting those dreadful things out in my shop.

Rhino Keeper
    I only have like 30 nbrs so it's easier to keep track.
    Some do send gifts but never visit. But the majority does both, they visit and sent gifts.
    I dont expect nbrs to visit daily but if they dont show a sign of life (apart from nbrs that are ill or away) by sending a gift or a weekly visit I delete them.

Rhino Keeper
    I generally go off a zero rating. I also look at whether they are still putting clothes out or redecorating or if their door is permanently closed. If they are not changing things around, not collecting their tips, not opening their door and also if their wall doesnt say "thanks for visiting" or other ' you are a great nbr' kind of things. then I will either delete without a message (they arent active so wont or shouldnt care), or If I want to expand soon, then I just skip past them when I am doing my rounds of tipping and just leave them on my list to help me make up numbers to expand.

I dont really care very much about the gifts now (lvl 99) and usually delete them.

Executive Chef
    I'm lvl 98 and fully expanded. I do gift daily, but to be honest, I see no reason for visiting: the couple of money and xp you get from it ain't worth the effort.

My neighbors appreciate it tho, that's why I try to keep a 2-3 star rating.

Btw, you can't see if a neighbour is stil active by it's stars: if they don't visit anymore, the star-rating won't drop.

Fashion Designer
    Sometimes I catch a 2 or 3 (or even 4!) star player who appears to have become inactive (no post on their wall in days, store empty), I go through and visit all my neighbors about once a week, and if they are obviously inactive for a while and don't have a post explaining, I'll delete them.

I myself vary. Some days I visit literally all of my neighbors, some weeks I'm so busy my rating drops to 2 and I don't visit but a handful of people that entire week.
    Last edited by jewelfang; 02-23-15 at 09:51 AM.

Farm Supplier
    I generally only delete when it becomes obvious that the player isn't playing anymore - for example, the players that got the game to get gems from another game, and then stopped playing cold when they either reached the required level, or if they failed to reach the level, or if you just see for a few weeks their level not going up anymore. I generally visit from messages left on my wall - except in Dragon Story, can't remember to check that - I visit from my gifts received history and the ton of people asking for maps. If that drops me below two stars and they delete me because of that, or if someone deletes me because they are always full when I give out gifts and I don't visit them because they never leave me a message, so be it. Or, I've had a few people who not only do their gifts fill up early, no matter how full of clothing their store is, they don't clear the likes often enough, so I can't like them, and it happens over and over again, so I stop visiting them. The only gifts I REALLY care about are the shoes, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Anaboe View Post
    I'm lvl 98 and fully expanded. I do gift daily, but to be honest, I see no reason for visiting: the couple of money and xp you get from it ain't worth the effort.
    Btw, you can't see if a neighbour is stil active by it's stars: if they don't visit anymore, the star-rating won't drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewelfang View Post
    Yes, their star rating drops if inactive. It just takes time.
    Star ratings won't drop if they have quit the game entirely. I have a few of these, where people just dropped the game, never logged on again and they're stuck with a 3 rating even though they've maxed out on tips. Your star rating only get's recalculated when you access your game. The clothe racks\tables also don't re-adjust so it's funny when you see a store full of clothes and tips, but customers enter the door, wait for clothes to be available and then exit. Only reason I keep them is that maybe they have a display that I like but I can't buy. Sometimes you'll see that they log in one more time before deleting the app and their rating will plummet from 3 to 1 in one day and a full store will be wiped clean like a looting riot just passed through.

As an aside, visiting and tipping neighbours is a good money and XP spinner, IF they visit back and tip. You might only get 30 coin or 1 or two XP for your visit, but if they visit you back and tip all 6 times, you get 120coin and 6 XP on top of that. It means more in the earlier levels but is a bit of a drop in the bucket in the higher levels. If you have a lot of neighbours, can visit them all and can keep a store fully stocked to absorb the tips, you can level up quicker. I have noticed that if you do this for a period, your neighbours will quickly get "fatigued" from returning the sentiment and then they'll drop off and you'll need to get new neighbours.
    Last edited by JustKay; 08-28-14 at 10:20 PM.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    Star ratings won't drop if they have quit the game entirely. I have a few of these, where people just dropped the game, never logged on again and they're stuck with a 3 rating even though they've maxed out on tips. Your star rating only get's recalculated when you access your game. The clothe racks\tables also don't re-adjust so it's funny when you see a store full of clothes and tips, but customers enter the door, wait for clothes to be available and then exit. Only reason I keep them is that maybe they have a display that I like but I can't buy. Sometimes you'll see that they log in one more time before deleting the app and their rating will plummet from 3 to 1 in one day and a full store will be wiped clean like a looting riot just passed through.

As an aside, visiting and tipping neighbours is a good money and XP spinner, IF they visit back and tip. You might only get 30 coin or 1 or two XP for your visit, but if they visit you back and tip all 6 times, you get 120coin and 6 XP on top of that. It means more in the earlier levels but is a bit of a drop in the bucket in the higher levels. If you have a lot of neighbours, can visit them all and can keep a store fully stocked to absorb the tips, you can level up quicker. I have noticed that if you do this for a period, your neighbours will quickly get "fatigued" from returning the sentiment and then they'll drop off and you'll need to get new neighbours.
    I've had the EXACT SAME THING! I would go through my neighbors list figuring out who to drop based on who hasn't changed level (like those lowbie levels that you think just joined the game for the gems from the other games), but I would see 2 freaking stars next to their names, and didn't drop them. It was only after two weeks of this that I went and visited them and it was apparent they had closed up shop (you could imagine cobwebs hanging from all over the place) that I discovered nope, they weren't playing anymore.

Conversely, on my abandoned phone account, since I got a tablet and play on that now, I re-installed the game, and after all this time (six months, I think), I'm still getting gifts. WHAT? Evidently they think by my star rating - although come to think of it, I think my star rating may have been 0 as well - I'm still playing, or they just automatically gift everyone on their list, after all I was level 99, but not one of them visited my store to see whoops, empty racks, empty tables, and look, a message on the wall saying I'm shutting the shop down.

Farm Supplier
    addspydre, I have an account from the days I used to play when the game was still quite new (also has RS and BS accounts on that account) and I still log in occasionally as I'm "friends" with that account and sometimes send gifts to myself or let my daughter play on it if she wants to redecorate. I have a couple of friends on it who send me gifts every single day still, even though I go weeks without logging in some times and am always social level 0, sometimes 1. They don't ever visit though, I think they're purely "gifting" friends rather than tipping friends and they don't build either so they never require me to send parts or the like. /shrug
    the vast majority of my neighbours on that account have stopped playing though.

I used to delete people who were clearly inactive (never cleared tables, other than the occasional autoclear; dead food on ovens; etc) but I don't now, it only takes a second to visit them and then keep going if their tables happen to be full and they might come back. I know who is and isn't active and who responds to requests so focus on the active friends for requests.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast