Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever finished the "sister sister" goal?

I have six inscriptions right now. I've been taking my time and crafting dark plants when I have enough supplies. I'll get to twenty eventually, but I'm not too worried. TL meant for this to be long term (although I'm probably taking longer than the devs excepted lol). I'll finish when I finish. I look at it like I looked at the badges, I was pretty pleased with myself when I got all of those and I'll be pleased with myself when I finish all the inscriptions.
    Kingdom of 😸Kittyville😸

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by 55lee55 View Post
    I have been sitting on my last Inscription for about a month now. Even made a couple extra for the heck of of it because they are rather attractive.

But I have not given over the last Inscription because when I do, I will be in that awful state of spending most of my time without a quest book. Been there, and it was very uncomfortable. It was like losing a security blanket, to have a missing Quest Book. So I will hold onto my last Inscription until TL comes up with another long term goal or forces me to finish Sister, Sister to move on with the story line. Then I will likely still be dragging my feet on quests so I can keep the little book in the corner. It is one of those things that you don't notice unless it goes away. Then the absence of the Quest Book left me feeling like I had come to the end of the game, and just didn't want to admit it was really the end.

For me, and I am sure I am in the minority, I was disappointed that Sister, Sister didn't last longer. I have it in my Quest Book, but only because I am not finishing on purpose. For me, finishing it would be sort of like turning out the lights and going home. I was too lucky with this one.

Any chance of another long term goal TL? Probably not since so many complained that they couldn't finish this one in a week. Sigh.
    I just wanted to let you know that even when you finish Sister, Sister; you will still have the option to trade dark plants with Belladonna and you will still receive inscriptions.

Rhino Keeper
    So I know someone mighta asked this before but what happens after you finish? Just your goal books goes away?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by reliquary View Post
    So I know someone mighta asked this before but what happens after you finish? Just your goal books goes away?
    There will always be a new goal... It seems like we get one a week... So don't worry... My friend,,, if it does go... It will come back ,,, I promise

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by reliquary View Post
    Your Quest Book goes away.

It comes back temporarily when a new quest that you have not done is introduced, but as soon as you complete that quest it goes away again.

Meanwhile you can set your own personal quests. Someone awesome (sorry, don't remember who but you can search) put a tremendous effort in listing possible quests to do when the game is done with you. The problem of course, is that if you are maxed out on everything it can often take a day or less to do a quest that new or mid level players take several weeks to complete, so expect to spend much of your time without a Quest Book. Fortunately there are some options.

TL made a great effort to cure the loss of Quest Book problem with the long term quest Sister, Sister. Unfortunately those who have full Quest Books and plenty of other things to do as well pitched such a fit that TL stopped everything for several weeks to give them, and of course those of us without Quest Books, plenty of time so they could hurry through the one quest meant for those of us who had reached the point where we needed a long term quest so as to keep a quest book in our kingdoms. What this ended up doing was rushing us all through Sister, Sister because those with plenty of things on their plate couldn't just ignore this one and play the game. They had to raise such a hullabaloo that TL will likely never again give us a long term quest, so that once we give that last Inscription those of us who have completed the game as far as it currently goes, will sit and wait with no Quest Book for the large part of the time.

Had I not had such wonderful neighbors, I would have deleted the game when I first ran out of Quests, but I stayed in the hope that TL would do what they did, give us a long term quest. But thanks to those who complained endlessly and probably still are complaining because they couldn't finish Sister, Sister in a week, don't count on having a Quest Book for most of the time once you finish all of the quests in it. Unless you rarely play, you have reached the end of the game itself, and must await TL's pleasure to add to the story line or to run such Community Events as they have going now.

But I suggest you don't count on TL to keep you occupied. They tried, but I think most, excluding me and a few others who had been sitting in kingdoms bereft of Quest Books, will not tolerate it should TL give us another long term quest similar to Sister, Sister. I suspect the quest which the majority should have put on their lowest priority and continued to play the game as intended, instead produced the largest number of complaints of any single quest in CS history. I am not holding my breath for another long term quest from TL for those of us who will lose our Quest Books when we send in the last Inscription.

Since Sister, Sister was introduced, and my Quest Book came back, I would say the vast amount of time it was the only quest in my book, meaning had it not been for Sister, Sister, I would have been out of the game for most of the last few months. It seems the new and mid level players object if they don't get a new quest every week, despite the fact that they have plenty of unfinished game left to play. Those of us who have run out of game are therefore out of luck until or if TL decides to extend this game forward.

This is why I have not finished Sister, Sister, even though I could have done so long ago, unfortunately due to good luck. For me, playing without a quest book makes me feel left out, and just because I can still make useless Inscriptions, the point is that the game is ended for me when I don't have a Quest Book. I am of course happy when the updates include new quests, but unless they challenge those of us with our resources maxed, and move the game forward, something the majority of players seem to be railing against, within a few hours to a day, I will once again be without a Quest Book, and be relying upon the company of my wonderful neighbors to keep me coming back.

So the short answer is that yes, when you finish the game your Quest Book vanishes. It will not come back to stay.

So, when you lose your Quest Book you will need to come to terms with it some way. Leaving is not something I would suggest unless you played only for the game and not the companionship. Even then, it will come back occasionally. But after seeing the reaction to Sister, Sister I will be very surprised if TL ever introduces another long term goal, so we who are are done with the game as it is today, will need to find other ways to amuse ourselves while waiting for the occasional new quest to bring our Quest Books back for a day or two.

As grateful as I was to have Sister, Sister I understand why TL will likely never introduce another long term Quest. I liked it, but am in the minority on that one.

Farm Supplier
    How you define long term quest?
    IMHO, 3 months is too long.. I will agree with you if by definition long term approx 1 month (2 max).
    Before Sister, Sister, I also almost abandon the game (no more quest)..
    But because of Sister, Sister, I also almost abandon the game (too long, boring, and exhausting).. :P
    The dragons quest (get 3 dragon eggs, I forgot the quest name, too lazy to search) is one quest which I think a bit longer than usual and very challenging and exciting (because the prizes are worthy enough)...
    Just my opinion.. This current world event is challenging but not exciting than the dragon quests..
    Last edited by iAyun; 08-19-14 at 10:55 AM.

Executive Chef
    I love it when my quest book disappears! It means I can concentrate on my own goals and not be bothered by annoying ads for games I don't want to play.

I don't know if Sister, sister had the most complaints. I'm thinking that honor belongs to the special dragons quest. There was like 800 pages of complaints and confusion over that one. Lol!
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.

Executive Chef
    Sister sister I guess was a test for all CS players, maybe TL wanted to see how we respond to such goals. I clearly remember that not every week we had an update, it is this year that TL started this "trend".
    As far as The Quests / Goals book is concerned, for me it is either there or not.
    I am a level 50 since ages now, I try to make my own goals while waiting for an update...
    I have done 3 of them just finished( before the festival started ) like being maxed out on Lumin - Mythic- Enchanter's Essence, and once I use some, I try to max out on them again.
    Also, beside chopping Stones like crazy, am trying to max out on dyes ( red- blue- yellow) and also Vital extract and floral glow.
    On the side, I have 10 of The applepies / orange and lemonade
    Working on all the adventures feasts in my kitchen, have 20 of each, replaced when used.
    And also am maxed out on ALL the crops, replacing them directly when used.
    Trying to max out also on Vital extract / Floral glow.
    So I keep myself busy, and keeping my stock full at all times, Even wool ! with only 4 sheeps.
    I think it is a matter of management and priorities, I usually take my time with any goal, and don't speed up with gems.
    I like the challenges, though my luck with the random drop is nil lol.
    I love this game because it keeps me busy even if there's no goal book.
    One could make his own goals and keep having fun
    Last edited by Liloze; 08-19-14 at 11:05 AM.

The Honorable Panda
    Thread is getting a little off topic. Here is the topic of this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by ddwarer View Post
    Has anyone ever finished the "sister sister" goal? It feels that I am gonna stuck on it forever. SO BAD!! Still get 6 to go...

Thanks
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Rhino Keeper
    Maybe it's deep within the forum, but has TL ever hinted at an actual endpoint of the game? Ie. ruler is crowned, baron becomes an imp?
    The whole story has so many threads and could go in a myriad of directions. That shrine is still sitting in the southwest, and the game is still very popular& profitable...hum?

This game, after playing for months now, is embedded in my daily schedule. I would hate for it to just end...or just become tedious and repetitive.

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast