Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever finished the "sister sister" goal?

Rhino Keeper
    I finished! It was a sigh if relief!! Woohoo!
    Duchess of Zoe's Castle in the Hidden Hills of the Thuakie Nation
    ⚔⚔⚔ Crystallized sword #26 ⚔⚔⚔
    Honored member of The Thuakie Sword Society.

Executive Chef
    @ Zoeee87 Congrats and high 5

Zoeee87 Congrats! same goes to all the players that finished that task

i still have it ... the plus side is that i am going to finish that one soon and that it is the only goal i have left

Fashion Designer
    Yes, I finished it. No gems just perseverance. Glad it's over. Not a fun one at all!

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks everyone! Keep on chugging away!! You can do it!!!!!
    Duchess of Zoe's Castle in the Hidden Hills of the Thuakie Nation
    ⚔⚔⚔ Crystallized sword #26 ⚔⚔⚔
    Honored member of The Thuakie Sword Society.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by 55lee55 View Post
    Your Quest Book goes away.

It comes back temporarily when a new quest that you have not done is introduced, but as soon as you complete that quest it goes away again.

Meanwhile you can set your own personal quests. Someone awesome (sorry, don't remember who but you can search) put a tremendous effort in listing possible quests to do when the game is done with you. The problem of course, is that if you are maxed out on everything it can often take a day or less to do a quest that new or mid level players take several weeks to complete, so expect to spend much of your time without a Quest Book. Fortunately there are some options.

TL made a great effort to cure the loss of Quest Book problem with the long term quest Sister, Sister. Unfortunately those who have full Quest Books and plenty of other things to do as well pitched such a fit that TL stopped everything for several weeks to give them, and of course those of us without Quest Books, plenty of time so they could hurry through the one quest meant for those of us who had reached the point where we needed a long term quest so as to keep a quest book in our kingdoms. What this ended up doing was rushing us all through Sister, Sister because those with plenty of things on their plate couldn't just ignore this one and play the game. They had to raise such a hullabaloo that TL will likely never again give us a long term quest, so that once we give that last Inscription those of us who have completed the game as far as it currently goes, will sit and wait with no Quest Book for the large part of the time.

Had I not had such wonderful neighbors, I would have deleted the game when I first ran out of Quests, but I stayed in the hope that TL would do what they did, give us a long term quest. But thanks to those who complained endlessly and probably still are complaining because they couldn't finish Sister, Sister in a week, don't count on having a Quest Book for most of the time once you finish all of the quests in it. Unless you rarely play, you have reached the end of the game itself, and must await TL's pleasure to add to the story line or to run such Community Events as they have going now.

But I suggest you don't count on TL to keep you occupied. They tried, but I think most, excluding me and a few others who had been sitting in kingdoms bereft of Quest Books, will not tolerate it should TL give us another long term quest similar to Sister, Sister. I suspect the quest which the majority should have put on their lowest priority and continued to play the game as intended, instead produced the largest number of complaints of any single quest in CS history. I am not holding my breath for another long term quest from TL for those of us who will lose our Quest Books when we send in the last Inscription.

Since Sister, Sister was introduced, and my Quest Book came back, I would say the vast amount of time it was the only quest in my book, meaning had it not been for Sister, Sister, I would have been out of the game for most of the last few months. It seems the new and mid level players object if they don't get a new quest every week, despite the fact that they have plenty of unfinished game left to play. Those of us who have run out of game are therefore out of luck until or if TL decides to extend this game forward.

This is why I have not finished Sister, Sister, even though I could have done so long ago, unfortunately due to good luck. For me, playing without a quest book makes me feel left out, and just because I can still make useless Inscriptions, the point is that the game is ended for me when I don't have a Quest Book. I am of course happy when the updates include new quests, but unless they challenge those of us with our resources maxed, and move the game forward, something the majority of players seem to be railing against, within a few hours to a day, I will once again be without a Quest Book, and be relying upon the company of my wonderful neighbors to keep me coming back.

So the short answer is that yes, when you finish the game your Quest Book vanishes. It will not come back to stay.

So, when you lose your Quest Book you will need to come to terms with it some way. Leaving is not something I would suggest unless you played only for the game and not the companionship. Even then, it will come back occasionally. But after seeing the reaction to Sister, Sister I will be very surprised if TL ever introduces another long term goal, so we who are are done with the game as it is today, will need to find other ways to amuse ourselves while waiting for the occasional new quest to bring our Quest Books back for a day or two.

As grateful as I was to have Sister, Sister I understand why TL will likely never introduce another long term Quest. I liked it, but am in the minority on that one.

LOL! Goal book goes away! Chuckle. My goal book will NEVER go away cos I'll never get an Alicorn part, so the goal book sits there permenantly!

Farm Supplier
    I have been slogging away at it since it first appeared and despite some gem spending am still three inscriptions away from ending it due to getting lots of those stupid rafflesia plants when I had enough for the whole quest even when it first began. I had been persevering hoping we would get a black cat romping after Ivy when it ended. So looks like a big fat nothing - apart from the few gems promised on the task - to reward us for all the effort ???????
    Last edited by aypeerez; 08-22-14 at 12:23 AM.

Fashion Designer
    I didn't finish yet, but I did get the Glimmer Rock Fortune a few days ago. Ah... so nice to be able to chop glimmer fragments whenever I want...! I made an inscription in a few days! Usually it took me 2 weeks! The only 'problem' now is fertiliser, I'm low on them now all the time
    I am Zelda

Executive Chef
    OK, so is the key to finishing this quest having a fortune teller tent? I don't have one, and I've only gotten 5 inscriptions since this whole thing started. It's so frustratingly slow I can't believe it. I gave my first inscription to "Sister Sister" and the next 4 to "A Little Persuasion." So I have one more to go to finish the Persuasion goal but 0 pitcher plants so probably another couple months just to get ONE more measly inscription. Then to finish "Sister Sister," I'd need 19 more!! That's like 5 more years of playing the game.

So again, I guess it must only be possible to finish this goal if you have the fortune teller tent?

Executive Chef
    No, but without the fortune teller tent, you simply have to be patient. I'm finally at 10 but it has been a long slow slog. One bright note, the 5 you use for "A Little Persuasion" will count towards Sister, Sister.

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast