Thread: Fish Market

Executive Chef

Fish Market

I know a few people think the building is a waste of gems, but I wondered what fish does it drop all 3 types? Does it produce a storyline, and coins too?

Farm Supplier
    Yes, the fish market drops all 3 types of fish. Just not necessarily at the same time. It will (rarely) give a fish-based dish as I recall, but I hardly ever collect from that building so I can't even remember what it was. Catfish soup maybe? There's no storyline to go with it and the coin drops are very, very, very low. Did I mention low coin drops? 15 coins was my last haul. LOL

Buy it if you like the way it looks or if you're the type who likes to have 1 of every building. Otherwise skip it. You can get all the fish varieties you need from ponds and wells.

Executive Chef
    Yes but I'm currently at the stage where an extra source of everything would be good 'one more' is my favourite phrase at the moment.

Executive Chef
    Yes, vizbiz, I believe it's Catfish Soup that it sometimes drops.

However, PurpleScorpion, it only drops 2 fish items per 4 hours. And you have to pay 50 fish as part of the construction cost. So if you need more fish, you can build a fish market, but to build it will cost you the fish you do have. Just in regular fish alone assuming you get 2 of them a day, it'll take nearly a month to recoup your fish investment. However if it's catfish and butterfish you need, and you have the gems to spare and already have 2 Wizard Schools and other things that are really worth the gems they cost, why not.

Executive Chef
    Ok ta. Thanks for the info.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm pretty sure I got baked fish from it once too. Rarely collect from mine and have it most times in storage.

I tend to need water and mermaid scales quite a bit, and by collecting from ponds I collect enough fish already. Catfish and butterfish are mist of the times maxed. Personally I think there are more useful buildings to spend coins on

Nightclub Owner
    I've gotten all three fish, the catfish soup, the baked butterfish. I'm pretty certain I also got breaded fish and a mercury feast at some stage.
    Have a Castle Story question? Check this thread to see if it's already been answered. For reference info check here and here. Info on goals is here.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleScorpion76 View Post
    I know a few people think the building is a waste of gems, but I wondered what fish does it drop all 3 types? Does it produce a storyline, and coins too?
    I am sorry I bought it! I just put it in storage. Have enough from ponds and wells.

Quote Originally Posted by ***nysmum View Post
    I am sorry I bought it! I just put it in storage. Have enough from ponds and wells.
    I've bought two, and I use them both. It saves energy vs. collecting from ponds and wells. And I go through a lot of regular fish (doing the Meat trade, since I need a lot of expansion permits).

In fact I'd buy a third, but it is no longer offered for sale -- at least I can't find it in the market any more.

Fashion Designer
    I didn't know about the knowledge shard to upgrade wells, and bought the fish market a few days prior to getting the shard, but I still like how it looks and instead of having lots of ponds for fish, this building gives me plenty.