Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Win dragon mining without gold?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaboe View Post
    I've never missed out on even one mining dragon since switching to Apple.

My tactics:
    * level each unique dragon to level 7
    * level only the ones usefull in the arena to lvl 10 (it'll cost too much food to bring each dragon to lvl 10)
    * have atleast 80 habitats, fill them with lvl 3 fails: this way you earn enough money to keep your farms running 24/7
    * have the maximum enchanted farms and plant atleast 5 times a day Diamondates
    * keep your Evolution Temple occupied 24/7

My situation now:
    I have 80 habitats, 188 unique dragons, the rest of the habitats are filled with fails. I have 700.000 food and 13.000.00 silver. I grow 7x4 diamonddates a day, sometimes more. Once an hour collecting coins, often less.

I have a row for the evolution chamber waiting of atleast 6 lvl 6 dragons, like I said, I rarely feed them bevond lvl 7.

This way, each mining event I've started with 25 mines. Each mine gives me on avarage 2 pieces. Now, with only 1 day since the mine has reopened, I have 62 Gargoyle-pieces...

Like almost everything in DS, it's all about tactics.
    Good Lord. You sure have your tactics down! Can you elaborate on the second bolded statement?

Executive Chef
    You need as much coin-generating dragons as possible: to keep your farms producing 4x 7 diamondates a day, you need atleast 4 X 7 X 75.000 coins a day (plus whatever you want to spend ton new habitats, or expansions, or dragons for your extra nests so you can earn as much pieces in the world event as possible).

That is a hell of a lot of money.

To earn that much money, you need to have a good balance in your dragons: high lvl dragons make a great deal of money, but you go bankrupt on the cost of the food all that leveling costs.

So, you only level to level 7: that's a good balance between cost, and earnings. Leveling to lvl 10 costs you tons of food, and for most dragons, it's useless, so you only level to 10 those who are good in the arena, last 4 months I only leveled Jade and 3 Diamond-dragons to 10, I don't even bother leveling other dragons beyond lvl 7)

But, if you only have, say 80-125 unique dragons, you don't make enough coins to keep your farms busy. So, the empty spaces in those habitats are filled with fails from your breedings. You feed them to level 3 (feed 10 times, but at that lvl, it'll cost you just a little bit food), but don't level them: this way you have more time in your evolution temple for the unique dragons you want to level to lvl 7, and save on food, and earn the most money from those little, useless dragons as possible. And when you need the habitat-space, you just sell them, they're doubles anyway.

Only when you don't have uniques to level, you level doubles, but never above lvl 7 - that's too much a waste of food.

Hope I'm making sense? English isn't my mothertongue, so it's a bit hard for me

On a sidenote: I have the same advanced tactics for every kind of event of even breeding, and it's all connected

Edit: winning each and every tournament, event, crafting (gems or arena) or mining dragon, also means you don't even have time to level each unique dragon to lvl 7: I still have 3 unique dragons in my stash, not bred yet, and have a line of 8 lvl 3 and 6 dragons waiting for the evolution temple.

With time and carefull planning it is possible to win each and every event and tournament, crafting and mining dragon, within the time TL gives us. It's just planning, timing and tactics: investing when necessairy, saving gold when needed. And I've only bought 1 Diamond for 19 euro's and once I bought 400 gold on sale - but I didn't need it. So I'm not depending on gold.
    Last edited by Anaboe; 07-26-14 at 05:06 PM.

Executive Chef
    You gave me ideas! I don't have many epics. Only special ones. I had a lot of 6 levels which now are waiting to evolve! I have a long list now! Thank you!

Even that ugly mindvolt which was lvl 4 forever, will be six. That's ok! I really want this mining dragon! Very cool!

Executive Chef
    Glad to help! Perhaps you can get good ideas from the DS-introduction I wrote too?

Introduction

Mindvolt is very usefull in the arena when you don't have that many Champions or Diamonds, so that's a good candidate to level to 10

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaboe View Post

Mindvolt is very usefull in the arena when you don't have that many Champions or Diamonds, so that's a good candidate to level to 10
    But he's ugly. I don't do ugly well

I also do not do well in the arena ~ although, I do battle more these days!

Fashion Designer
    I agree with the above, except for diamondates. They are super inefficient. They should only be planted once a day, at bedtime. Otherwise plant rushrooms.

1 day.
    collect diamondates at 8am = 800 food
    collect rushrooms each hour until 10pm - 14hoursx300 food = 4200food
    plant diamondates for bed. = 5000food per day, per farm cost per day $439000

or
    collect diamondates at 8am, 1pm, 6pm, 11pm (1 less hours sleep) - 3200 food per day per farm cost $300000

1 week (7farms) with rushrooms = 245000food
    1 week (7farms) with diamondates = 156800 food. a 36% loss. (but cheaper)

Rhino Keeper
    Jptheripper.. The rushrooms only work if you either don't have a job/school, or your boss/teachers don't mind you playing every hour otherwise the 5/8 hours are more likely to get you a decent foodsupplie (to bad there is no 4 hours/2 hours. Breaktime at work is every 2 hours with some luck)
    Still looking for friends, add me I play daily multiple times: doto92ok also for my babyaccount: ikkeeeeeeeee

Fashion Designer
    This is a great thread, I've been wondering a lot of the same questions, Thank you all!!!!
    My storm ID is: luna2cute

I currently play Fantasy Forest Story and Dream City. Have previously played many others.

I love gifts of Gems in FFS and always return gifts in the order received.

Thank you kindly friends and have fun!

~Luna

Fashion Designer
    Yes, it's completely possible. I've never missed out on a single one, except the Amber, because I was on vacation during that time. And I've gotten two Platinums! I use these mining dragons to trade in for large gems. Was able to craft my Quartz thanks to Sunstone. And I'm already at 89 Gargoyle Stones.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
    I agree with the above, except for diamondates. They are super inefficient. They should only be planted once a day, at bedtime. Otherwise plant rushrooms.
    You're absolutely right, but tho I'm quite addicted to this game and thought everything through and through, I don't want to play each hour, even if it's possible. So yes, technicly you're right, but I don't think it's doable

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast