Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Win dragon mining without gold?

Win dragon mining without gold?

I don't buy gold and have been fairly successful (level 142) but certain things seem fairly impossible. I have never been able to get close to winning a dragon mining. Is it possible to win without using gold?

Executive Chef
    Yes just have a dragon in the evolution temple 24/7

And do the mining before you hit 25 so you don't loose bombs
    "Never leave that till tomorrow which you can do today."

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by igames4me View Post
    Yes just have a dragon in the evolution temple 24/7

And do the mining before you hit 25 so you don't loose bombs
    Yep this has worked for me. I have never spent gold in the mine. If your dragons are becoming too expensive to feed, evolve your common fails instead of selling them off the nest. Don't let your bomb count get too close to 25 or your evolving will be wasted.

Executive Chef
    I have a question ~ 13 hour evolution I swear gave me only three bombs! How many bombs should we get per evolution? It's the hours of evolving, right?

Did they lower it?

I missed out on the earlier mining dragons thinking it was an impossible task but changed tactics and have gotten the last 2 without spending gold. above advice to evolve fails is good, plus keep your evolution temple occupied 24/7. Also once you have crafted a mining dragon, keep evolving and try and collect and save as many bombs as possible before the mine opens again. This way you can can a head-start when the new dragon becomes available. Hope this helps.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by chalupa2030 View Post
    I have a question ~ 13 hour evolution I swear gave me only three bombs! How many bombs should we get per evolution? It's the hours of evolving, right?

Did they lower it?
    It's one bomb for every four hours of evolution. A water dragon with 12 hour evolution will give you 3 bombs. A 13 hour evolution will give you three bombs as well but I believe the "extra hour" over evolution carries over - so if your next evolution is 7 hours, you'd get credit for 8 hours of evolution (1 carryover + 7 new) and receive 2 bombs.

All of this is subject to the 25 bomb inventory limit.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AJImmer View Post
    It's one bomb for every four hours of evolution. A water dragon with 12 hour evolution will give you 3 bombs. A 13 hour evolution will give you three bombs as well but I believe the "extra hour" over evolution carries over - so if your next evolution is 7 hours, you'd get credit for 8 hours of evolution (1 carryover + 7 new) and receive 2 bombs.

All of this is subject to the 25 bomb inventory limit.
    Thank you so much!

Fashion Designer
    right, so averaging 2 pieces per mining, you need 100 bombs. So thats 400 hours evolving, which is 16.6 days if you make sure you evolved is always running (and not waiting). So plenty of time to do without gold.

Executive Chef
    I've never missed out on even one mining dragon since switching to Apple.

My tactics:
    * level each unique dragon to level 7
    * level only the ones usefull in the arena to lvl 10 (it'll cost too much food to bring each dragon to lvl 10)
    * have atleast 80 habitats, fill them with lvl 3 fails: this way you earn enough money to keep your farms running 24/7
    * have the maximum enchanted farms and plant atleast 5 times a day Diamondates
    * keep your Evolution Temple occupied 24/7

My situation now:
    I have 80 habitats, 188 unique dragons, the rest of the habitats are filled with fails. I have 700.000 food and 13.000.00 silver. I grow 7x4 diamonddates a day, sometimes more. Once an hour collecting coins, often less.

I have a row for the evolution chamber waiting of atleast 6 lvl 6 dragons, like I said, I rarely feed them bevond lvl 7.

This way, each mining event I've started with 25 mines. Each mine gives me on avarage 2 pieces. Now, with only 1 day since the mine has reopened, I have 62 Gargoyle-pieces...

Like almost everything in DS, it's all about tactics.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
    right, so averaging 2 pieces per mining, you need 100 bombs. So thats 400 hours evolving, which is 16.6 days if you make sure you evolved is always running (and not waiting). So plenty of time to do without gold.

Great information! So....if we don't have anything to evolve ~ hatch a common! but would you evolve only to lvl 3, or hatch another, or keep going beyond lvl 3?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast