Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bored with the Boars....

Bored with the Boars....

Am I alone in being tired of the frequency boars are showing up now-a-days?!?!?! Has this become a way to leech our energy reserves (after increasing the max from 30 to 40 some time ago)?
    They were "fun" when they gave items we needed but I am seeing them more often that all the other "monsters" put together.........

Rhino Keeper
    If you get one in an area you don't use very often,just leave it there as no others will show up while it is there.

This works well providing you don't want any of the other beasts as they will not show up either while you have a boar "trapped".

Executive Chef
    During the midsummer caravan I was also on the troll part 1. I managed to max out on boar tusks from having no more than 20 at the start of the challenge so in 6 days I had somewhere between 35 and 80 boars turn up, I know some boar tusks were a double drop. So even if half of those were double drops that's around 50 boars. I even parked a few. But couldn't park for long cause I needed access to where he was standing. Longest I could park one was 4 hours cause he covered the sparkling mines. I did wait a little on purpose to get feral magic and tusks, but I didn't expect 3 every 40 energy or so. Thankfully since the swamp went in I've seen more other monsters and a significant reduction in attacks.

Rhino Keeper
    I agree, the boars have gotten out of control. They pop up EVERYWHERE. It's gotten so if I don't have one parked in a corner somewhere to avoid another, I'm afraid to collect from anything! It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't demand such a high amount of energy.

Executive Chef
    I started to get afraid to collect from ponds. Must be psychic. It always popped up.

I absolutely agree, it's getting to the point where the abundance of boars is taking away from my enjoyment of the game. I don't want to keep one on the screen because it takes away from the aesthetic of my kingdom, also because I need to collect rat tails from skunkupines. Please, please, please tweak the frequency of boars appearing!

Farm Supplier

Boar

I really enjoy playing this game, however that BOAR has got to go or be tamed down. He's ALWAYS popping up, even when just attacked. I need droppings from the other critters. This BOAR is really starting to bore me with this game. He's ANNOYING as hell !

Executive Chef
    If you get the swamp it reduces quite considerably. However it is recommended to stock pile boar tusks and feral magic before you place the swamp. As these things are needed after you place the swamp. I ended up fighting enough boars to max out on tusks and getting 9 feral magic.

Farm Supplier
    i wouldn't mind the boars so much if they weren't so unbalanced. With other monsters, you can usually break even with energy. With boars I'm lucky to leave with half the energy back it took to **** the stupid thing. Usually when one pops up I leave it until i get down to 8 energy, then I go **** it and go for whatever it was covering. Of course very often another one pops right back up as soon as I even move.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziMisterman View Post
    I really enjoy playing this game, however that BOAR has got to go or be tamed down. He's ALWAYS popping up, even when just attacked. I need droppings from the other critters. This BOAR is really starting to bore me with this game. He's ANNOYING as hell !
    I got FOUR in a row today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast