Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Restaurant Sort Update - 23 July 2014

Fashion Designer
    I wonder what the 1st place prize is since it seems the truck and sundea ice cream shop thing are 2nd place.. If anybody gets first place please post a picture!

Executive Chef
    Ooh, I love this box!! Almost everything is great! I opened it up 3 times and got the waffle cone bench, giant root beer float, and sundae bar (which was one of the things I wanted most!) As I earn more gems I will probably try this box more times because I want the ice cream stand and giant swirly cone too. Most of the time I don't want the first place
    prizes but this one--the ice cream shop--is super cute!

Host(ess)

Am I the only one?!

Does anyone else have problems with getting the same items from mystery boxes multiple times in a row? I tried the new ice cream chest 3 times over the past 2 days and I've gotten the giant root beer float every time. I'm disappointed because I would be happy with literally any of the other prizes it I keep getting the same one which is probably my least favorite of them all lol. I keep wanting to try again thinking there's no way I'll get it again but that's what I thought the last time.. Just wondering if this is common or not..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Right. Just be grateful you didn't get this...thing:

I hit that stupid box by accident. Smh. #notamused. -.-
    Sorry bobbyrae, but I can't help laughing when I read your post. Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by xxxe View Post
    I wonder what the 1st place prize is since it seems the truck and sundea ice cream shop thing are 2nd place.. If anybody gets first place please post a picture!
    The ice cream parlor teaser on the first post is the 1st prize.

Quote Originally Posted by kmkgirl View Post
    Does anyone else have problems with getting the same items from mystery boxes multiple times in a row? I tried the new ice cream chest 3 times over the past 2 days and I've gotten the giant root beer float every time. I'm disappointed because I would be happy with literally any of the other prizes it I keep getting the same one which is probably my least favorite of them all lol. I keep wanting to try again thinking there's no way I'll get it again but that's what I thought the last time.. Just wondering if this is common or not..

Thanks
    It's common to get duplicate item. I've got a couple of duplicate back then when I opened the Christmas box 2013.
    ★ MiNiDeMoN ★
    ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ Always expect the unexpected to happen in TeamLavaLand.✿◕ ‿ ◕✿
    Proud member of the 0 Star Club!
    ❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡
    > Sorry, no longer accept neighbor currently. All invitation will be declined. < Thank you!

Fashion Designer
    Would people be alright if they made it so that you can only get each prize once? That way, if you open it X number of times, you will eventually have the whole set and the box just doesn't work anymore, or maybe resets? It would still be a bit of luck involved if you only wanted a certain one and didn't want some other things, but I might actually consider opening them if I knew I couldn't get stuck with duplicates of the same low leveled prize. As it stands, I just can't justify opening any of these when I could use those gems towards a guaranteed LTO or Expansion. :/
    I am no longer accepting new neighbor requests at this time, I have more than enough for now. Thanks!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by LavaRain8 View Post
    Would people be alright if they made it so that you can only get each prize once? That way, if you open it X number of times, you will eventually have the whole set and the box just doesn't work anymore, or maybe resets? It would still be a bit of luck involved if you only wanted a certain one and didn't want some other things, but I might actually consider opening them if I knew I couldn't get stuck with duplicates of the same low leveled prize. As it stands, I just can't justify opening any of these when I could use those gems towards a guaranteed LTO or Expansion. :/
    I think that with certain boxes this suggestion would be great. Certainly not many players (I'm included in this group) would want more than one giant root beer float? And yet, the difficulty with this suggestion is that there are some lower ranked prizes that you do want to win more than once. There maybe a player who wants a giant root beer float at each of his five doors. I certainly would love the chance to win more than one of the ice cream parlors if I could.
    What I do wish is that we were given the opportunity to select from the boxes which items we wanted to purchase instead of it being a random thing. Of course, this would remove the gambling aspect of the Boxes and TL might think that would be bad for its business.

Fashion Designer
    [IMG]https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14318&d=1406077426[\IMG]

Executive Chef
    two firsts for this box for me: first time i got the prize i most wanted (the ice cream truck, although the stand is also great) on my second try, and first time i got a duplicate prize (the waffle cone bench) in only four opens. i would have loved to get a 4th place instead! will probably try again when i get a gem sale, because it's all pretty cute (although i'm hoping to get the cone or milkshake rather than the root beer float, cause that is not as good).

lavarain & bobbyrae: not that it's going to do any good, because TL has obviously chosen their model, but i have long felt that they should retire older boxes and open the contents up for sale as regular decorations, like they did with the picnic box stuff. that way, they get the gamblers (hi!) early, but can eventually get the non-gamblers to buy things as well. i doubt they'll ever change the box model though, because i bet (with no data to back me up) the gamblers are more likely to spend actual dollars, whereas people who want to pick their prizes probably also save their earned gems to buy things instead of buying gems, which is obviously not what TL would prefer.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post

lavarain & bobbyrae: not that it's going to do any good, because TL has obviously chosen their model, but i have long felt that they should retire older boxes and open the contents up for sale as regular decorations, like they did with the picnic box stuff. that way, they get the gamblers (hi!) early, but can eventually get the non-gamblers to buy things as well. i doubt they'll ever change the box model though, because i bet (with no data to back me up) the gamblers are more likely to spend actual dollars, whereas people who want to pick their prizes probably also save their earned gems to buy things instead of buying gems, which is obviously not what TL would prefer.
    I buy gems, and fall into both categories. I will occasionally gamble if I like several items in the box. By far, I prefer to just buy the LTOs or other decor. I will try 2 - 3 times, but usually no more. This last time, I actually liked pretty much everything, so I kept trying. I figured odds were I would eventually get one of the larger prizes....NOT!! I now have multiples of every giant food item in the box! I would SOOO like to trade them for pretty much anything else, but no, they just have to sit there. :-((

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456