Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maple Tree or Magic Fruit Tree

Executive Chef

Maple Tree or Magic Fruit Tree

I've been struggling with my sap stock for a few weeks now, and have wondered do I purchase the maple tree or magic fruit tree? I'm level 28 nearly 29 so far there isn't a task wanting huge amounts of magic fruit but I'm always needing sap for glue and fancy beams. Apart from the Pepe task which I'm nearly there and only need 10 magic fruit for. It seems not in great demand yet . Can someone suggest which I go for, and why. The drop rate and amount on each would be good too. So I can make the best decision. Thanks.

Fashion Designer
    Maple tree is of more use. It drops a sap and occasionally syrup. Magic tree on drops one fruit per day and only use I know of is the trade in the exchange. Good luck with your decision I hopes this helps. Sorry I can't remember the amount of times u can collect from maple tree a day maybe someone else knows that. I know it's at least a couple times.

Fashion Designer
    Love my Maple tree for sap and syrup; my magic fruit tree is mostly ornamental, as I don't use magic fruit that often.

Executive Chef
    I am of the opposite opinion. It depend on your current goals in the game of course. But I find the 1-2 sap and rare syrup from the Maple Tree to be not worth it. I get plenty of sap from chopping down all the trees I need to buy, water, then chop in order to keep up my stock since there is no arboreal equivalent of the Deep Mine (in other words, I have 4 renewable sources for minerals, but only 2 for wood).

The Magic Fruit tree on the other hand I can use in two different exchanges, and I am always looking for exchanges to do since the game force "upgraded" the Fruit and Hunter trades to require rarer items and make them take MUCH longer to save up for. I actually bought a second Magic Fruit Tree yesterday. With my magic garden I now get 3-5 fruits per day. That means a fruit trade every other day, and some spares for Trade the Fruit Farmers. Still nothing CLOSE to the 1-2 fruit trades a day I could do before the forced "upgrade". But a helluva lot better than once per 6 days.

Personally I'd go with the maple tree, the sap comes in handy if you like to make building supplies. Personally, I don't even have a magic fruit tree. I don't like the goals that use the magic fruit (requires too much energy for gathering needed supplies). I'll do the magic fruit trade once every few days just so I don't max out on magic fruit, but that's it. Sap I can use to make glue, fancy beams, and builder's paste. Extra syrup is used to make sweet feasts for adventuring.

Executive Chef
    I'm surprised at how many people really find 1 (occasionally 2) sap per 4 hours, and a syrup or two a week, worth 4 squares and 40 gems. To me, the maple tree is the second-worst investment I made in the game (after the fish market - which promptly gave me almost only fish I could not yet even use). If it dropped a few wood AND 1-2 sap each time, that would be worth it. But to usually get only 4-5 sap a day for 4 clicks? Mine's in storage half the time. Next to my fish market I wish I could get a refund on.

But then again, I'm not level 50 with always 99 of nearly everything like half the people who post here are. I've only been playing about 3 months. So my priorities are different, I guess.

Executive Chef
    Thanks theses are all helpful.

Fashion Designer
    True. Your playing style makes a difference, as well as level. Ultimately you do have to look at that. That is true for all of us. I hate to chop trees and prefer the dairy and meat trades instead of the magic fruit ones, so the Maple tree works for me. The Magic Fruit tree gives 1 a day, so you could do one extra magic fruit tree trade a week.

Rhino Keeper
    Very true that personal preferences are key here. I like to avoid growing/harvesting too many things - just get bored. The Maple tree is good for me because, although I'm frequently maxed on sap, I collect syrup for sweet feasts without having to grow sugar cane to make sugar. (It's true that the dairy trade gives you sugar quite often, but sometimes I hit a dry patch and seem to run a little short - other times I have lots and lots). Anyway, the syrup drop is the key thing as far as I'm concerned.

Also, I think the Maple tree looks kind of cool.

Rhino Keeper
    For me, sap is always feast or famine. I'm either almost maxed out on it or begging for it at every corner. Depends on if I'm making magic cements or not.

Anyway, I'd definitely recommend the maple tree because it's cheap, it's pretty, and it drops syrup. I don't always collect from it, though, but when I do it's nice for some guaranteed sap.

I might recommend checking out the Feral Lands Adventure. I got 2 maple trees from quests (and 2 sap trees).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast