Thread: No gems for installing app [Android]

No gems for installing app [Android]

This is on my Android game (id: KayJust)

I clicked on the install apps for gems option on the top right corner of the screen. It had something like Ankazoo (can't remember exactly) for 2 gems. I clicked this and instead of taking me to the official Play store, it downloaded this file, got me to disable the secure apps only setting and installed some rogue market on my phone. I never got to install Akawhatever and never got paid gems for my trouble. I tried it twice and it just re downloaded the file and reinstalled the rogue market app.

I had trust that TL's advertising of other apps was legit. This is not fair and potentially dangerous to TL's users. They could have phone hacked or wiped, and maybe their whole game with it. If they bought anything on the new market they could have their payment information compromised. I would never have followed through the process all the way on my main iPhone. Why is TL dropping the standard for this function? Now I'm not sure it's safe to download other advertised apps.

Executive Chef
    Yeah, if the app isn't an official TL app, I wouldn't trust it. I don't like downloading apps from wishy-washy brands, you never know if it's a game or a hacking/trojan program. I also don't understand why I don't have that icon at all on my android, but my daughter's android has the icon to download non-TL apps for gems, which I don't let her download anyway, I don't trust other apps. I used to play a candy matching game from another ultra popular brand, until I got a goal to try TL's version of it, TL's games are way better, haven't touched the other game ever since I tried TL's.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteTali View Post
    .... I also don't understand why I don't have that icon at all on my android, but my daughter's android has the icon to download non-TL apps for gems, which I don't let her download anyway, I don't trust other apps. ....
    I think the icon requires some additional android libraries for it to work. If you have an older version of Andriod or haven't updated to the latest, that might be why it's not on your phone. It sounds like you don't want it anyway. I would trust virtually any app that's direct from Google's marketplace. It's this rogue market that really bothers me because they probably don't screen as well as google.

the link below sort of explains the experience I got (minus the fake banner ad)
    Removed external link
    Last edited by maguar; 07-15-14 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Removed external link

Nightclub Owner
    I've passed this on
    Have a Castle Story question? Check this thread to see if it's already been answered. For reference info check here and here. Info on goals is here.

Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    This is on my Android game (id: KayJust)

I clicked on the install apps for gems option on the top right corner of the screen. It had something like Ankazoo (can't remember exactly) for 2 gems. I clicked this and instead of taking me to the official Play store, it downloaded this file, got me to disable the secure apps only setting and installed some rogue market on my phone. I never got to install Akawhatever and never got paid gems for my trouble. I tried it twice and it just re downloaded the file and reinstalled the rogue market app.

I had trust that TL's advertising of other apps was legit. This is not fair and potentially dangerous to TL's users. They could have phone hacked or wiped, and maybe their whole game with it. If they bought anything on the new market they could have their payment information compromised. I would never have followed through the process all the way on my main iPhone. Why is TL dropping the standard for this function? Now I'm not sure it's safe to download other advertised apps.
    Our goal is that these offers are safe to download for our players to try out and earn free Gems. We would like to get additional information from you, please email support@teamlava.com. Thank you!