Thread: closing restaurant

Angry closing restaurant

I have always blocked the door when I needed to catch up on making all my dishes but today I noticed that even when its blocked the food is still disappearing. Why is that? Just curious, its kinda annoying though.

Farm Supplier
    You're not meant to block the door. It's not a feature of the game. There can be unintended consequences of doing so.

Farm Supplier
    Hi there!

Blocking the door is not an intended method of gameplay and, as applesmcgee stated, doing so can have some unintended effects on the game. When you block the door, the game may enter a "quick sale" state. This causes food to be sold instantly so instead of gaining coins from customers, they are sold at the cost to create the noms. We do not advise blocking your door as a method of gameplay.

Instead, try checking out some of the gameplay tips that our many avid players have put together, such as this thread which documents different ways to "slow" your sales while still maintaining happy customers.

Are you blocking it with the host stand or a piece of furniture?

Executive Chef
    I made a maze in my restaurant, so it would take forever for costumers to come in, order, be seated and leave. That way I managed to get a lot of food without blocking the door.

Executive Chef
    Instead of blocking your door with a chair etc. Have the register close to the door and block the furniture around that, only letting them get to the cash register and then they will leave with the angry face above their heads. This is what I do.

Rhino Keeper
    If there are people. Inside your restaurant when you block the door it glitches. Always wait a few seconds after entering design mode before blocking door.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by waimanalokat View Post
    If there are people. Inside your restaurant when you block the door it glitches. Always wait a few seconds after entering design mode before blocking door.
    Not so. If ull watch ur coin counter u get credit for the food being consumed and ordered. Besides when u press the Design Tab ur bots stop entering ur place anyways no matter what u plan on doing next. Try it and ull c what I'm talking about.
    Currently NOT ADDING NBRS SO PLZ DO NOT SEND INVITE
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel