Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do You Even Bother?

Rhino Keeper
    I'm on level 80-something (I forgot) and I don't bother with this Arctic Isles. It's just a place to waste coins and gold, and the dragons don't even drop coins, let alone gold. I love the ****erwhale dragon, but some the others are simply hideous. They never even update it!
    Hello! I play Dragon Story, Fantasy Forest Story, and Home Design Story. Add me at benjessie on either game!

Has anyone mentioned the 20 gold you get for releasing Glacius? it matters a bit to people like me who've never paid for gold, although I will admit the effort is not worth the return. I've wasted too many hours jumping through TL's hoops to get every itty bitty bar of free gold.

That aside, it's mostly about the cash burn. It gave you something extra to do before TL really upped the speed of updates.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by benjessie View Post
    I'm on level 80-something (I forgot) and I don't bother with this Arctic Isles. It's just a place to waste coins and gold, and the dragons don't even drop coins, let alone gold. I love the ****erwhale dragon, but some the others are simply hideous. They never even update it!
    Never spend gold there, would not be a wise choice to spend gold in the Arctic Isles since there isn't a reason to do that. I have so many coins it isn't a problem buying stuff there. Time wise, I probably spend maybe 1/2 hour there a day. I'm gradually evolving the dragons and breed a new one every now and then. This isn't a race and I'm not concerned about how long it will take. But I started it and I like to finish things I start. The only way I will not finish is if TL takes it away before I get to release Glacius.

Nightclub Owner
    I recently needed to save a bunch of coins to buy a gold habitat, so I used the breeding den in the Arctic Isles to breed common dragons like Ice Age. I would then sell the eggs for an 800 coin profit.

Rhino Keeper
    i am in level 145. I have all of the dragons except for two of the diamond hybrids.
    I wish i had ignored the isle until after level 100

I will spend my "extra" coins i have built up from time to time before now.
    Now i have plenty of coins.

Fashion Designer
    Yes, I bother, and I'm no longer bothered.
    I started going back to the Arctic last month, just to pass idle time. Coins are no longer an issue for me as they were when the Arctic Expansion was first launched. So although I've already released Glacius, I still plant food whenever I go there -- the five hour food no less. LOL
    When I initially abandoned my Arctic, I had bred all 18 dragons except Polar and I had a third Icecrown egg on the nest (Polar fail) which I really didn't want to throw away. But when I returned recently, I DID toss it and resumed trying for Polar. Still no luck on that one.
    I don't think those dragons need to produce coins, but I wish they would not make the sound of coins jingling when you collect oil, fur or wind from them. (sigh)
    Yes, I wish we could visit each other's Arctic Isles but I've become used to it as a quiet solitary collector's playspace. Thats what it is meant to be. An exclusive play option for advanced caretakers with excessive quantities of coins. I sometimes buy decorations over there to satisfy the goals needed to collect gems for downloading and playing other games.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Zummat View Post
    Never spend gold there, would not be a wise choice to spend gold in the Arctic Isles since there isn't a reason to do that. I have so many coins it isn't a problem buying stuff there. Time wise, I probably spend maybe 1/2 hour there a day. I'm gradually evolving the dragons and breed a new one every now and then. This isn't a race and I'm not concerned about how long it will take. But I started it and I like to finish things I start. The only way I will not finish is if TL takes it away before I get to release Glacius.

Yeah, I know. That would be a waste :P
    The only fact I am bothered with is the fact that the button is annoying when clicking the market or collecting >.<
    Hello! I play Dragon Story, Fantasy Forest Story, and Home Design Story. Add me at benjessie on either game!

Rhino Keeper
    WHAT? YOU CAN'T EARN COINS THROUGH ARCTIC ISLES??? And I was so excited to get to level 35... (Level 34 now) Can't they make the currency Snow Coins, and you can only earn snow coins?

Rhino Keeper
    I played the Arctic Isles. It was like a game within the game. I made completing it a personal challenge since I couldn't share it with anyone. I enjoyed completing the goal. It wasn't easy,because the dragons there are greedy and only eat caviar but after releasing Galcius I leveled up all the dragons and completed the expansions. I also still plant food there occasionally.

I'm not going to say it was a waste of time as it was a nice challenge and many times I said okay, not worth the effort because I was always poor, but the feeling of accomplishment after completing it made it worth the effort.

New Resident
    I gave up a long time ago. I managed to finally breed a winter Dragon, but when I moved it over to the Arctic aisles and started breeding new dragons, all I ever ended up with was a bunch more winter dragons! I stopped breeding after about seven or eight winter dragons (didn't seem to matter which two dragons bred either!!) and ditched the land.
    Is there anything else in that land worth trying to work for?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast