Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Being a useful neighbor in DS?

Fashion Designer

Being a useful neighbor in DS?

I'm new to DS, just started it since I got the new prompt offering Gems to play it, only to level 12 so far. However, I'm finding that this game very much limits how "useful" I feel as a neighbor opposed to other Story games. We can only gift 3 gold per day, and I kind of feel a little bad when I get more gold than I can pay back to others. I could gift the other 3 the next day, but if I end up with more than that, I'm having to remember who gifted me gold and give it to them at a later time. It's quite frustrating in that aspect, that I wish that I could gift them something. I can maybe see the limit on gold, since it'll be completely broken to have everyone be able to gift a large amount. I wish we could at least gift coin, if we use up our gold gifts.

It seems that the only aspect of having neighbors is to have them leave plays for you, but it's a lot harder to do in this game since you have a cap on how many habitats that you can have and chances are, your neighbor is maxed by the time you visit them, unless they are level 50+ maybe. I have been sending map requests back, though I have no idea what they even do yet, but haven't seen anything else similar to other games besides that. At the very least, is there not a cap on the maps and gold receiving per day? Is it still 20?

It seems like an OK game overall, I like the scenery/concept enough, but man do I feel like neighbors got downgraded vastly when I'm used to being able to gift everyone per day if I wanted.

Is there another benefit to neighbors that I've missed?
    I am no longer accepting new neighbor requests at this time, I have more than enough for now. Thanks!

Rhino Keeper
    Before you give gold for the day there is a list of who gave you gold last. Once you have gifted 3, the list disappears. It's in your Newsfeed.

For me, neighbours are about maps and Sparkles. I still get a kick out of it when my habitats have sparkles.
    I have a lot of great neighbours who visit regularly. And I check my islands multiple times a day to collect.

As you progress further in the game you will require more and more maps. I'm at level 91 and I need 64 maps to expand one plot. So it takes me almost a week from start to finish.
    Yes you can only get 20 maps a day. Or 20 lotus blossoms. Or a combination of both that adds up to 20.

Oh, and welcome to DS!

It is nice to have neighbors that send you a gold once a while, coins are nice too, especialy in the early stages of the game.
    You soon come to a point where coins doesnt matter anymore; I have millions of coins, its is nice i dont have to bother about what crops to plant.
    As you are furtheron in the game, neighbors are, IMO, important as providers of KWOWLAGE.
    Information is, for me, the biggest gift there is in the game!; information on how to battle, how to breed.
    I used to share lots of breedingcombinations on my wall, I always reply to others sharing breedingcombos and other knowlage, as I profit from shared information from others, and have profited from tips received from people in the past.

I have posted many times to nbrs, that a "golden tip"/information means much more to me then receiving a goldbar, (but they are always welcome of course ).

Fashion Designer
    Thanks for the insight. I suppose I can't be as helpful as I want, unless I check each neighbor's island 20 times a day to get in a play (which probably won't happen), so I'll just have to make sure to at least visit to attempt the plays. And just try to use the news feed to randomly send back gold depending on the timeframe.

This is quite a departure from the other three story games that I normally play (BS, RS & FS), but I like it enough to adjust, for now.
    I am no longer accepting new neighbor requests at this time, I have more than enough for now. Thanks!

Executive Chef
    I'd rather have 3 daily playing neighbors with whom I exchange gold than lots of neighbors. I'm level 150 and tho I'm quite helpful on this forum (and grateful for the help I get), I don't do a lot of visits, and don't read/write walls.

I'm down to 6 pieces to clean out on my Arctic Isle, my normal islands are totally cleared already. So to me the comunity here is very great, but as for neighbors, it's not that neccecary.

Rhino Keeper
    One of the things that I really like about DS over BS and RS is that nothing expires. My crops can be ready for harvest indefinitely and they don't spoil. Which is something that is quite uncommon in time management games such as these.
    Moldy food is just so depressing.

I have expanded everywhere I possibly can and basically have no use for neighbors anymore besides the daily 3 gold I get. I am on Android, though, so I don't have a battle arena or the arctic island or anything cool like that..so neighbors have become extremely useless to me.

Fashion Designer
    I just accept their requests and send gold to my 3 gold buddies. What sucks is that we can't send more than three gold I receive about 7 gold per day, so I try and send gold to my 2 friends, and them one extra to someone who sent me gold. I always accept lotus and map requests. On some days, I'll play with their dragons, but I usually don't have time.
    accepting all neighbors

Fashion Designer
    I have 60 neighbors at the moment, and I think it can be a bit handy just because you can get more gold than you can send out. I just have a message on my wall saying that I will try to be fair to those who gift me, so at least it's understood that I'm not going to automatically send them gold back. For now, they are still very useful now that I'm expanding. I can just send map requests to all of my 60 neighbors and eventually get back a nice amount of maps stored up after the queue has gone down per day. But yeah...once I can no longer expand, might just need some gold buddies also.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm fully expanded, other than the mine expansions, but I don't mind having a lot of neighbours aside from my regular gold buddies. It only takes a couple of seconds to respond to map requests and I don't mind helping out. I don't visit neighbours very often, but don't expect people to visit me either

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast