Page 20 of 127 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Need More Habitats- CURRENT LIMIT 140 (PART II) **UPDATED**

Host(ess)
    Team Lava development team have been slowly painting themselves into a corner for quite some time now. I'm sure that they are aware of these issues, however it's the lack of communication that continues to frustrate players. And for those that understand technically what the issue is, it really raises alarm bells for the death of the game.

I use to run an old iPad device and the memory (that is actual memory used for processing - not to be confused with memory used for storage) is very limited. It kept on crashing all the time and got to a stage it was unusable.

I've since upgraded to the latest iOS devices and the game runs fine, however many neighbours are still using older devices and when they visit me it crashes out - I've lost many neighbours this way. They simply cannot visit me.

The conundrum that Team Lava development have now is?

• Do we satisfy as many devices as possible (older and newer), however limit the amount of activity on the island (in short have less habitats and dragons) which upsets collectors, but appeals to wider number of users
    • Or do we incrementally increase limits as we release dragons and then deal with the complaints about crashing / slow performance, which generally means a drop off of players if they don't upgrade
    • Or do we implement a longer term strategy that resolves both of the above issues however involves a lot more development time and makes the game more complex to play

I'm a collector and currently I have 310 dragons on the main island and 19 dragons on Arctic Isles. Where possible my habitats have been upgrade to gold buyable.
    Currently I leave dragons in storage (where possible from community events) or send them into the stables when I hit the hab cap. Both of these are less than ideal.
    I (like many if you) have sunk a lot of real money in the game and I'm a huge supporter of Team Lava / Dragon Story. It's people like you and I that contribute to the company's existence keep people employed there.

So I do get upset when I'm not seeing a longer term strategy being put into place.

Moreover that the development team does not see the issue arising and address it before threads like this get filled with hate and anger.

Solutions?

• Allow users to have multiple Islands joined together (similar to Arctic Isles). I suspect the Arctic Isles was an experiment on whether users like this feature. Considering that Team Lava have gone cold on development on the island I suspect it was not well received.
      I'm sure they are also concerned about people using this as an exploit to make coins. Team Lava would like to keep control over the number of coins people are earning. So to ensure expansion is controlled they can limit it to only users that X unique dragons in their collections are allowed an additional Island.
    • Increase capacity of Stables - not sure I like this. I use my Stables as a temporary holding area until expansion happens. I like to see my dragons in their habitats and show off to my neighbours.
    • Fountain of Youth + Egg Display - This has been requested by many players before. Possibly allow users turn their dragons back into eggs and offer an Egg Display Area on the Island. The Egg Graphic being static should have less overhead on devices.

Does anyone else have ideas?

I really do hope that the development team a well into a long term fix and they are ready to surprise me soon.

Any hints of the Community Managers out there? Please...

Thanks

Bovo
    Last edited by Bovo71; 07-24-14 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Formatting

Rhino Keeper
    I only have 2 more habitats left until I reach the max amount and I only have room for 2 more then all of my islands would be completely full! TeamLava you should give us more islands so we can continue playing!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggy95 View Post
    I only have 2 more habitats left until I reach the max amount and I only have room for 2 more then all of my islands would be completely full! TeamLava you should give us more islands so we can continue playing!
    If you go back a page or 2, there is a message from TL.
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

I am too strugling with the habitatissue.
    Trying to think with you for sollutions, please consider this:
    I am so lucky to have multiple diamondhybrids, discontinued (limited edition) dragons.
    trading or selling them is no option imo, as rewarding is no good, I dont like to see only a colored gemstone or coins in return.
    There are some very nice neighbors that i wouldlike to help to get an awesome dragon; i think we all recognise the fact that you have a nice neighbor that you would do something extra for.
    If it would be possible, I realy would consider to trade a discontinued dragon like for example an easter dragon or even a crusader to one of those special neighbors. If we could trade such a hybrid for, lets say 40 gold, I would realy do so. It would help other players, and think it would pull people into buying gold, please consider this option TL !
    UR: diamond 3- angel 4- dark angel 1-unicorn 2- gold 1- infinity 2- helios 2- mercury 9- crusader 5 - quetzal 5- icecrown 1 - icicle 1 - Snowangel 2
    favorites: LE like easter and snowman
    45 stored....to long list.

Banned
    So I was hoping maintenance in the middle of the day may have meant we have an increase in habitats but I guess I will keep trading dragons and selling them until TL figures out a solution.

Rhino Keeper
    I've reached my max so being on android what do i do now? We can only breed feed and expand so that means i cant breed cos i have no habitats.luckily i bought one for unicorn just in time.i have two nests and no storage so anybody suggest what i do? absolutely ridiculous.what level do i have to get to before i can have more? How am i supposed to progress to the next level if i cant do anything? Have TL thought this out?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by echo005 View Post
    I've reached my max so being on android what do i do now? We can only breed feed and expand so that means i cant breed cos i have no habitats.luckily i bought one for unicorn just in time.i have two nests and no storage so anybody suggest what i do? absolutely ridiculous.what level do i have to get to before i can have more? How am i supposed to progress to the next level if i cant do anything? Have TL thought this out?
    This may not be ideal but one can consider selling commons like fire, forest, mist, fruitful etc I know these dragons are epic but sometimes one has no choice

Rhino Keeper
    Much as i dont like fruitloops etc i want to keep them for breeding purposes and i thought this was a game where we collect dragons?

Well its gone midnite here and as i'm peed off i'm going to bed
    Last edited by echo005; 07-24-14 at 04:17 PM.

Executive Chef
    Much as i dont like fruitloops etc i want to keep them for breeding purposes and i thought this was a game where we collect dragons?
    This has been an on going problem since Halloween (for me at least). There have been times when I had all 4 nests full, and Dragons in Stable and eggs in storage. Now the option to purchase straight into storage has been removed. It sounds like an increase might not happen as fast this time. I put a Dragon in stables, and sold a habitat a couple of days ago so I could clear the 4 Dragons from my nests. I still have one on nest that needs a separate habitat, so I guess it sits there until we get increase.
    I am a "Collector", and don't have duplicates. I don't want to sell any, but I could see selling some that I get alot, like Mist, Island, Magic, Coral, or others that are easy to replace - although I did spend time and energy to make them Epic. But that would still only bring me one or two places here and there, and not enough for another habitat.
    I don't have room to place the new habitat I received for iOS World event, so I guess it and the Dragons I receive will go straight into storage with the other new ones already in there, and the about 20 duplicates from Spinning wheel. I'm not even bothering to try to breed anymore, there's no need if I can't place them. I'm just filling my nests with the duplicate eggs from storage and selling them when they hatch.
    I'm really sad it has come to this, it seems like it may be the end of DS for me.
    I would like to reiterate the idea of allowing upper level players to store Dragons and Habitats from the previous page (more detail on idea there). That would possibly help the developers with the problem of too many Dragons causing overloads, and allow collectors to store more common Dragons and display newer or rarer ones.
    I hope that something will be figured out, so this isn't the end of DS for us.
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

Executive Chef
    You could sell your duplicates dragons.. Like why do you need 3 magic,3 eagles, 3serpents? For breeding keeping 1 of each is good if you are into collecting unique dragons. You will have tons of habitats left.
    "Never leave that till tomorrow which you can do today."