Page 31 of 127 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Thread: Need More Habitats- CURRENT LIMIT 140 (PART II) **UPDATED**

Executive Chef
    Please Communicate!
    What can we expect? Any changes, any additions?!!
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by astampf9 View Post
    Anaboe, so what does that mean for all of these people that are having these issues, were just screwed? Yes they did say that but they also didn't say they were looking for any kind of a solution, and now they just aren't saying anything. That isn't right. There going to lose a lot of customers anyway but not finding a solution to this problem, because eventually a whole lot of people won't have any room for new dragons, btw it's going to happen to you too eventually if you keep playing the game.

Well said!

Executive Chef
    Jim has the best solution! Jim, did you mail TL with this solution already?

I know TL will loose money over not sold stables, but the stables "only" hold 25 dragons, so that's not a lot. This solves almost all problems

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by astampf9 View Post
    Anaboe, so what does that mean for all of these people that are having these issues, were just screwed? Yes they did say that but they also didn't say they were looking for any kind of a solution, and now they just aren't saying anything. That isn't right. There going to lose a lot of customers anyway but not finding a solution to this problem, because eventually a whole lot of people won't have any room for new dragons, btw it's going to happen to you too eventually if you keep playing the game.
    I'm lvl 150, and have 89 habitats, and 231 unique dragons. I already keep all possible eggs in store and don't hatch them, just because I know this problem exists. I don't want to be stuck with filled nests with dragons I don't have room for.

I do not know if it's TL to blame, or if it's just the limitations of the devices. Blaming TL when it's not up to them is a bit harsh, isn't it? TL is stating it's the devices, I haven't seen any prove otherwise, have you? It's no use blaming TL and calling for new habitats when it's simply not possible because of limitations beyond TL's control.

And the other way around is also bad: now new players have the same oportunities old players had and have, and if you raise the habitat-limit, lots of players can't play at all for they would need new devices: that would affect both new and old players, favoring just the players that are both old, and have new devices. It will be a sollution to a problem that only exists for a couple of players, but the solution will shut lots of players out. Do you think that's fair?

So yes, sometimes you're screwed, this time in order not to screw a lot of other players.

Executive Chef
    I have 3 Olympus type Dragons on Nest. 2 of the 4 Dragon type habitats already full. So 3 of my nests are now useless.
    I have 94 orbs, and with a tournament on, expect to have enough to craft a Dragon today. If I craft one, I won't be able to move it out of the Spell shop without tying up all 4 nests. If I leave it in Spell shop I won't be able to craft Obsidian Dragon. PLEASE LET US SAVE TO STORAGE! When I'm done crafting, give me the option to place egg in storage or nest. This way I won't miss out on craftable Dragons while this habitat issue gets sorted out!
    Also, I would be willing to pay a small, reasonable amount to move an egg from the nest to storage.
    PLEASE DO SOMETHING TO LET US KNOW YOU ARE HEARING US!!

Executive Chef
    Jim, do you already have a fully upgraded stable? This allows you to store up to 25 dragons, and would give you space to place the new ones.

You could place the dragons in the Candy-habitat in others, and trade that habitat for a 4-dragon habitat. Biggest profit for you is to place your Diamond-hybrids in 4-dragon-color-habitats, instead of each in a Diamond Field: that way you can get 10 x 3 habitat-spaces, is room for another 30 dragons. Same goes for all other double-colord dragons (Royal-, Gem-, Stone-hybrids etc), but that will only save you place for some dragons.

You have 2 Hermes-dragons on nest, I presume you only want to keep 1, so you can sell the other right of the nest, so you have a free nest to hatch your crafted dragon.

The dragons from the tournament and world event won't be such a problem: they come into storage and there's no need for you to hatch them now.

I hope I could help you a little, you have a wonderfull island, with loads and loads of uniqe dragons!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaboe View Post
    Jim, do you already have a fully upgraded stable? This allows you to store up to 25 dragons, and would give you space to place the new ones.

You could place the dragons in the Candy-habitat in others, and trade that habitat for a 4-dragon habitat. Biggest profit for you is to place your Diamond-hybrids in 4-dragon-color-habitats, instead of each in a Diamond Field: that way you can get 10 x 3 habitat-spaces, is room for another 30 dragons. Same goes for all other double-colord dragons (Royal-, Gem-, Stone-hybrids etc), but that will only save you place for some dragons.

You have 2 Hermes-dragons on nest, I presume you only want to keep 1, so you can sell the other right of the nest, so you have a free nest to hatch your crafted dragon.

The dragons from the tournament and world event won't be such a problem: they come into storage and there's no need for you to hatch them now.

I hope I could help you a little, you have a wonderfull island, with loads and loads of uniqe dragons!
    Hi Anaboe, I'm Annie (see my signature) Level 150 328/334 unique Dragons. 99 habitats. Lots of 4 Dragon habitats.
    Thanks for the advice. I bought the Candy habitat for Gold, it's one of the only "New" habitats I've bought, due to needing all my new habitats to be 4 Dragon types. I just wanted to be able to buy some of the pretty ones, too. Especially while they were on sale. It's a little protest against having all the same 4 Dragon habitats, and not feeling like I'm being treated fairly.
    I know I'll have one free nest, but I don't have any openings in habitats for Dragons, so if I moved crafted one from Spell shop, then ALL FOUR nests would be full.
    I do have a Stable, I think my next increase is around 2000 gold or so. Like $100.00 or more? And it's difficult to maneuver once they are in there. You can't take one out unless you have an open nest, and can't put one in unless you have an open space.. So you can't trade places for 2 if you wanted. But really, money is the bigger issue there.
    The Diamond Dragons are my largest source of income. I can plant Diamonddates and only collect from Diamonds and a few others without my savings decreasing. I'm not able to collect often, and in regular habitats they just max out immediately, then sit there losing money all day. AND, as Ultra-Rares, I want them to have their own display.
    In fact, I want a lot of my Dragons to have their own display. I really dislike how the single color 4 Dragon habitats look when full and next to each other. It's just a jumbled sea of animated color.
    It makes them look so unloved, so unimportant that they can just be shoved in tight together.
    I really want the ability to choose what type of habitats I buy, choose how I arrange them, and choose which Dragons I want to "Spotlight" or display regularly.
    Yes, if I give up all hope of any choice, all hope of any individuality in design, I can probably stuff some more of my treasures into 4 Dragon habitats. But if that's my only choice, I'll walk away. Why waste money on a game that is not making me happy.
    I'm just waiting to see what the next move by TL will be. Will they do anything to improve the games lifetime? Or will they just keep releasing more new Dragons and do nothing for their long time players and customers?
    I guess we will see.

Rhino Keeper
    We currently aren't able to provide a deadline to ensure that we don't present expectations that may not fall on a specific date/time. We rarely announce big feature updates or games prior to release, with the exception of our weekly teasers/content blogs.
    Posted by Elsa in the parity thread.

Rhino Keeper

Unhappy I am tired

Quote Originally Posted by jim23cash View Post
    Hi Anaboe, I'm Annie (see my signature) Level 150 328/334 unique Dragons. 99 habitats. Lots of 4 Dragon habitats.
    Thanks for the advice. I bought the Candy habitat for Gold, it's one of the only "New" habitats I've bought, due to needing all my new habitats to be 4 Dragon types. I just wanted to be able to buy some of the pretty ones, too. Especially while they were on sale. It's a little protest against having all the same 4 Dragon habitats, and not feeling like I'm being treated fairly.
    I know I'll have one free nest, but I don't have any openings in habitats for Dragons, so if I moved crafted one from Spell shop, then ALL FOUR nests would be full.
    I do have a Stable, I think my next increase is around 2000 gold or so. Like $100.00 or more? And it's difficult to maneuver once they are in there. You can't take one out unless you have an open nest, and can't put one in unless you have an open space.. So you can't trade places for 2 if you wanted. But really, money is the bigger issue there.
    The Diamond Dragons are my largest source of income. I can plant Diamonddates and only collect from Diamonds and a few others without my savings decreasing. I'm not able to collect often, and in regular habitats they just max out immediately, then sit there losing money all day. AND, as Ultra-Rares, I want them to have their own display.
    In fact, I want a lot of my Dragons to have their own display. I really dislike how the single color 4 Dragon habitats look when full and next to each other. It's just a jumbled sea of animated color.
    It makes them look so unloved, so unimportant that they can just be shoved in tight together.
    I really want the ability to choose what type of habitats I buy, choose how I arrange them, and choose which Dragons I want to "Spotlight" or display regularly.
    Yes, if I give up all hope of any choice, all hope of any individuality in design, I can probably stuff some more of my treasures into 4 Dragon habitats. But if that's my only choice, I'll walk away. Why waste money on a game that is not making me happy.
    I'm just waiting to see what the next move by TL will be. Will they do anything to improve the games lifetime? Or will they just keep releasing more new Dragons and do nothing for their long time players and customers?
    I guess we will see.
    Hi Annie/Players/TL:

I have been in your position Annie. I had all the Red/Green/Blue/Yellow/Purple 4-dragon Habitats that I could sueeze in. I only bought enough 3-dragon Pink Habitats for the Pink-only and Unicorn dragon; enough 3-dragon White habitats for the White-only and Angel dragon; enough 3-dragon Black habitats for the Black-only, Black Diamond & Dark Angel. One day I couldn't stand it anymore so I evened out the numbers for each of the Habitat types (Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Purple, Pink, White and Black). I have never been able to put my Diamond dragons on Diamond habitats but I sure wish I could.

Today I put ALL my Dino and Tropical dragons in my 25-slot Stable and sold their habitats SO that I could buy the Starfield and another 4-dragon habitat for the Olympic dragons. This means my Dinos and Tropical dragons are not even available to use in the battle arena.

It seems to me at the very bottom of this issue is the number of dragons we display yet TL continues to pump out new dragons with no plan to house them. This planning should be done by TL before they release a new dragon. It's like the house builders who add hundreds or thousands of houses to an area without building the roads to support the increased traffic.

TL should be doing the planning not us!! It should NOT be part of the game that devoted DS players are punished for playing the game well. Personally I am almost out of steam. I really need to be given a ray of hope to keep on going.

I do think the facility for storing dragons already exists. It's the Album that shows us what dragons we have (and how many) and the dragons we don't have. Why not put a box we can check for Display this dragon or Don't Display this dragon. The album could be our storage shed for dragons with some modifications to the code.

Why not create an Album for our habitats while you are at it? We could then use this as our storage shed for habitats and it could keep track of how many of each habitat we have.

Then TL could cap the limit on the number of dragons and habitats we display AND save a lot on the space that is required for habitats AND the players could rotate what dragons they want to display.

Deb Hutchinson
    50ShadesRetired
    331/333 Unique Dragons
    99/99 Habitats
    Last edited by debhutchinson; 08-30-14 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Posted before I was finished

Rhino Keeper

Smile One more thing

While I'm at it, one more thing occured to me. It would be SO helpful if our Album had buttons like the Market does for Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, Purple, White, Pink, Black, Metal, Mythic, Cosmic Gemstone, Zodiac, Olympus, Diamond and Special dragons. I would use this feature every day I can tell you that!!