Page 1 of 127 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Need More Habitats- CURRENT LIMIT 140 (PART II) **UPDATED**

The Honorable Panda

Need More Habitats- CURRENT LIMIT 140 (PART II) **UPDATED**

Well looks like the previous thread has now reached 100 pages. Starting up a new thread for constructive feedback on needing more habitats!

Part I - Where you can read prior posts!

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Hi everyone! We're aware of your request for an increase in the Habitat cap.

To explain why we don't raise it often, you can currently have 94 Habitats and each of those can hold 3, possibly 4 Dragons. Each of those Dragons have images for each stage and animations. If you're on an older or low-end device or have a full board already, adding more images and animations has to be considered carefully to ensure your game performance is going to continue being awesome. We test this extensively, so it takes a bit longer than just pushing a button and lifting the cap. I hope this helps!
    Last edited by [S8] Elsa; 12-05-14 at 03:22 PM.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Farm Supplier
    As this is the only post on the previous thread that gives Team Lava's posititon on the issue, I thought it worthwhile to bring it over to the new thread. It does show that the developers are aware of the problem and I'm sure we all hope they find the solution soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeStorm8 View Post
    I hear you, dragon enthusiasts.?

We're looking into multiple options to relieve some of that pressure.?

Please note, we'll never allow a scenario where you cannot have 1 of each dragon on your island. That's not the case now, it won't be the case later. Tell me if I'm wrong.

We're looking into a few special habitats for those of you looking for more. It takes some time to get the art in, so stay tuned. They're coming.

Rhino Keeper
    But he is wrong, that is the case now, unless he means you have to spend real cash on every upgradable habitat so it can hold four, and that's wrong, I spend WAY too much money on this game as it is, I shouldn't have to pay to be able to house every dragon, I hope they don't forget about the discontinued and limited time dragons that longtime players like myself also have to house.

Quote Originally Posted by fattom19 View Post
    But he is wrong, that is the case now, unless he means you have to spend real cash on every upgradable habitat so it can hold four, and that's wrong, I spend WAY too much money on this game as it is, I shouldn't have to pay to be able to house every dragon, I hope they don't forget about the discontinued and limited time dragons that longtime players like myself also have to house.
    I agree. The later upgrades to the stable are really expensive, and the value proposition is terrible since it basically hides your dragons. You might as well do what I do and stop hatching eggs & leave them in your storage. It isn't even a feature that I would consider a core part of their money generating model. It simply facilitates the dragon purchasing/speed breeding which is where they make the real money. To leave it unattainable actually undermines their business. I think some people might even want more than one dragon of each type. I have an extra baby Boo since it's soo cute. Same with the Familiar and the Tusker and the Dream. I would hate to have to sell these to make room. Again, this is more people buying more dragons. To say you can only have one of each type is to remove the reason for people to buy more than one of each dragon or try to speed breed for more. Looking at Castle Story, Restaurant Story and even Fashion Story... all these games have the ability to stash bought items so that you can customise your land\shop every which way you want depending on how you feel that day. People would have at least two gem bought items, maybe more just for symmetry! It used to be like this in DS. You'd visit islands and people would have decorations out in words or shapes or messages. Some of the best neighbours I've visited have lots of open space and a very focused theme to their land\shop. Now every island in DS is the same mess of dragon animations crammed into a tight space. On that note, why can't you store habitats? You're losing a lot of personalisation & creativity by keeping these limiting factors. If my island looks like just about every other island out there, what reason do I have to feel it's special and worth maintaining?

If you absolutely must keep prices at that level, then at least run a few sale events on stable upgrades.

I don't have that many dragons where space is a problem, but for me right now it's more about performance. If i can hide a few more boring dragons, then I will help fix this slowness on the iphone4 that is sort of ****ing the experience for me. I don't need the money (125million in the bank) I just don't want to have to wait seconds at button clicks & have to resync for a minute with the server every time I open DS. None of my dragons fly anymore since the system is saving on animation. I already gave up on a Castle Story and a bunch of other TL games to minimise the number of apps I have in memory at the same time which seems to improve it a bit.
    Last edited by JustKay; 05-26-14 at 04:53 PM. Reason: added more info.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by fattom19 View Post
    JakeStorm8 posted that at the end of Nov '12 when the art bods were working on the gold habitat upgrades. He is saying there should be enough 3-dragon habitats to display 1 of each dragon with the (then soon to be added) option of gold-purchasable-upgrades for players who want to keep and display duplicates.

Unless the available land is drastically increased, the only simple solution I can see is to make a small change in code so "normal" habitats hold 4 dragons and gold upgrades hold 5.

I would also suggest the dragon devs have a word with their counterparts in FS2 to find out how they solved the problem of crashes caused by large animation files.

Executive Chef
    Habitat is a big problem for me too. Too many Dragons and I do not recognize them either.

So I started selling the Diamond Habitats for a start.

I think we just need to throw away some of the common Dragons like Coral etc too.

I'm also trading the Super rare and Limited doubles like everyone else too.

Quote Originally Posted by Turpsichore View Post
    JakeStorm8 posted that at the end of Nov '12 when the art bods were working on the gold habitat upgrades. He is saying there should be enough 3-dragon habitats to display 1 of each dragon with the (then soon to be added) option of gold-purchasable-upgrades for players who want to keep and display duplicates.
    I would like to highlight that if you're right in dating the original quote, the comment would have been made before the recent avalanche of dragons... At the current rate of release, I'm not surprised if the current limits even with gold habitats is limiting. I have seen one neighbour with practically all upgraded habitats and I don't think they had much duplicates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumercarefree View Post
    I'm also trading the Super rare and Limited doubles like everyone else too.
    I've stopped doing this since it's a waste of apples for me. I'm busy trying to evolve to 10 to get bombs these days. I also have a heap of gems already...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    I've stopped doing this since it's a waste of apples for me. I'm busy trying to evolve to 10 to get bombs these days. I also have a heap of gems already...
    Yeah ~ I don't trade anymore either. I have pretty much everything three times over! I could go in there right now and craft quite a few dragons. That I already have. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by chalupa2030 View Post
    Yeah ~ I don't trade anymore either. I have pretty much everything three times over! I could go in there right now and craft quite a few dragons. That I already have. Again.
    Yeah, TL haven't really been active dealing all the material piling up in storage. Would love to see an epic 100 gem dragon up for crafting. It would have to be spectacular to warrant that investment!
    Last edited by kooky panda; 05-27-14 at 04:58 AM. Reason: removed off topic comment

Page 1 of 127 123451151101 ... LastLast