Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: New block feature (ios)

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    Not seeing a post on the linked thread.
    Do you remember the thread you saw post?
    I thought that was the thread, but I guess I could have forgotten to copy the right thread. Until yesterday, that thread only went to 5/8 and my 5/21 post was minutes after I read the original post. I did a quick look and couldn't find the post. I'll try again in a bit. I thought there were more posts in that thread. Maybe TL cleaned up that thread?

Anyway, I didn't recognize the poster, but she said that she was on Android and deleted wall posts (a normal activity for her). She said then 2 of her neighbors were blocked from posting if they went to her wall from theirs, but could if they went from their neighbor list.

I also saw a post a day or two before where and Android player said that neighbors said they were blocked but he/she didn't block them.
    Last edited by nmishii; 06-02-14 at 12:51 PM.

Grand Emperor
    I guess I copied and pasted the wrong link: Here's the correct link:

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....ighlight=block

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    I guess I copied and pasted the wrong link: Here's the correct link:

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....ighlight=block
    Thanks!
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jmterao View Post
    I had a neighbor request a part, and I normally write on their wall, accept the request, and send that part as a gift.

I was surprised to find myself blocked from posting on a neighbors wall. A note on their wall (or mine) not to post would have been nice.

But since they could not be bothered with doing that, i figured why do I want to waste my time either, So I deleted their request and deleted them as a neighbor.

Being polite goes a long way.
    This same thing has happened to me. I only post to show i have tipped, gifted, etc. Sometimes to say 'hey looking great'. Suddenly I can't post on one neighbors wall. I figured it was an accident BUT I can't post to ask!! So..I deleted the neighbor. If I can't communicate, I don't want the neighbor!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CitrusLemon View Post
    I really love this idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by chokdii View Post
    Same here. I may use it when I go on holiday cause I always post a please dont post message on my wall so I don't come back with hundreds of messages to go through. But I always have nbrs who don't respect my wishes and post anyways. It's the only pet peeve I have about the games. Don't mind if nbrs don't tip or post or what they gift etc but posting above a please dont post message annoys me though I never say anything when they do.
    I have to admit that I have done this accidentally. I get into a rythmn when tipping, tip, post, close, repeat. I do the post, close, THEN I see the message they left! OOPS! So then the dilemma is do I post again to appologize, or do I just skulk off and hope they understand?!

Thanks for the block feature TL. It came in very useful. When you may not be able to address reports about inappropriate behavior/harassment right away, and things get out of control, this puts a kibosh on things. I think it was one of the more important features you added to the game.

Well, I am on Android and have waited and waited for a block function for us and at this point I have decided to spend my money that was going to go toward gems for Christmas decorations on Township and Flutter. It is so unfair that ios gets a block and Android doesn't. There are some really awful harassers on there and I am sick of it. If Team Lava ever wants to see another dime of my money they will have to step it up for Android.It is absolutely ridiculous that we don't have block yet. I will be taking my friends with me as well since they are sick if it too.

NOT ACCEPTING NEIGHBORS SINCE I AM DONE WITH THIS GAME UNTIL ANDROID GETS A BLOCK TOO!!!!!

Fashion Designer
    I will never understand why Android gets certain features or game versions and then iOS gets other features and mostly no game versions. We're all people, human and playing the same game, so why the lack of equality for both devices Team Lava?

Rhino Keeper
    I would like to see another feature added to the ability to block. I feel that when you block someone, any posts you made to their wall, should disappear. In other words ALL links should be severed. It might also be a good idea that if you block someone, or they block you, the person blocked should not be visible to them on anyone else's walls either. The block button is no good if that person can still continue to see you on mutual neighbors walls and try to get to you thru others!!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by happyheartfla View Post
    This same thing has happened to me. I only post to show i have tipped, gifted, etc. Sometimes to say 'hey looking great'. Suddenly I can't post on one neighbors wall. I figured it was an accident BUT I can't post to ask!! So..I deleted the neighbor. If I can't communicate, I don't want the neighbor!
    I have a neighbor Id just added. A few days later I went to post to her wall that Id visited. And saw I was blocked. I think maybe some people are hitting that by accident and don't notice. Since they cannot be told it goes unnoticed. This particular player was level 16 or something. I seriously doubt anything about me annoyed her within a week to be blocked.

In my years playing I've not been petty or allowed anyone to be petty with me to need a block button at all. It reeks of snootiness to say I don't want such and such visiting me.

If someone is posting and bothering you, that's what support was supposed to be for. I already see people on fashion saying they get "scared" when someone keeps visiting their shops when not neighbors. Seriously? So no one can admire you because you think you're so great and your shop so sacred? I think many people are using this block feature the same way.

It makes the game less a game and more of a high school lunch room. But yeah I see rudeness between kids or lewd comments from adults. In those cases support can be slow to respond and the block button is a very nifty little feature.

I doubt I'll ever use it though. I try to break up tween bickering. And I don't toot my own horn.

Have a Happy Weekend, Yall!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast