Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goliath's Mansion (535 - 540) Region 90

Right.. -_- this is very unfair..

So UNFAIR! level 536 went from 75 moves to 29! It looks like very soon the only people playing this game will be the designers for it

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks for the tips. I agree with the rest of you that this game is getting really annoying. I think part of it though is that they're still making changes whereas before there were so many levels that more of the bugs had been worked out.

level 535: this one took me a few days and getting those crates open was a pain, but eventually I was able to get a bomb and blaster and move them to the bottom and use a combo to get through the level.

level 536: this one annoyed me because you basically only have just over 2 moves per row (it was 29 when I played it a couple days ago), which is hard with all the super dirt. I tried to refresh to find a layout where the two bottom snakes were the same color so that in the lucky event a diamond pops up down there they're easier to get rid of. Eventually I made it so there was only 1 block left at the bottom and I had some gold and got through on extra moves.

I'm going to try to post my notes and pics for the other levels in the next few days. I've always found them really helpful...i've just been lazy lately...

Rhino Keeper
    I think one of the problems I was having with 537, which I still haven't gotten through, was not knowing where all the glass is, so I marked this up. The glass is where all the green dots are.

I've only gotten that bottom row open once and didn't clear the 2 glass squares beneath it, but know I know where they are. Baby steps...
    Last edited by limonepledge; 05-12-14 at 08:45 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by fancyjewel View Post
    guitarflash, I DO know that 535 now has only 33 moves, been frustrated with it for days... Must've been nice for you with 70 maybe that's why you were able to cruise through those levels with ease
    I'm pretty sure when I did it there were only 33 moves, although that was probably only a couple days before you posted. It definitely wasn't easy and only a few times I was able to open that 45 L&C one. The 35 one was pretty hard too. Special jewels and combos are obviously helpful. You could also try making matches in the color of the 45 count L&C next to those restricted ice jewels to get a few more of that color. Good luck!

Rhino Keeper
    Here's what the full Level 536 looks like. It's not only 29 moves, (46 moves less than before) so it's really tight. I found that it's pretty easy to make a diamond at the start and the X shaped pattern is always red.

Rhino Keeper
    Ahh this game is so frustrating. I just updated it and started playing 537 again. I made a swap that would have taken out the last glass and then it crashed! Why couldn't it have waited 5 seconds? I guess now I know it is possible. Also it's now 35 moves. I've been focusing on making matches on the bottom L&C color. It has still been really hard to open it, any I've only done it a few times.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by limonepledge View Post
    Ahh this game is so frustrating. I just updated it and started playing 537 again. I made a swap that would have taken out the last glass and then it crashed! Why couldn't it have waited 5 seconds? I guess now I know it is possible. Also it's now 35 moves. I've been focusing on making matches on the bottom L&C color. It has still been really hard to open it, any I've only done it a few times.
    Two days later and I'm still here and have only been able to open that bottom row once more. Also, I forgot to mention earlier that the glass in the bottom 70 count L&C area is doubled so even if you're able to open the L&C you still need a bunch more moves to clear those. Overall, there needs to be more moves or lower count L&Cs or something because I'm starting to think you need to use gold or buy more to get through! I've only got 3 gold left and I am not going to buy more. The increase from 30 to 35 was nice, but doesn't cut it.

Rhino Keeper
    Finally made it through 537, but I'm pretty sure it was all luck. I got 5 diamonds on the winning round and the more I had ever gotten before was one. I was able to swap one of the 5 diamonds with a blaster once the bottom L&C was open and I had cleared one layer of glass. This one definitely needs some updates. Took me at least 10 days (well 10 since I first posted here..I don't remember how long I waited until I did). Also, for some bizarre reason even though I finished it with 2 stars still lost an energy.

Level 538: Dig 12 rows in 2:30 (:15 less than in guitarflash's post). As you play 30 second doom jewels fall in. It's fairly easy to make special jewels but with so many cuts outs, snakes and super dirt sometimes it's hard to maneuver them. I'll add a picture for the full level later.

Level 539: Same details as before. There is double glass under the L&Cs, but I never had a problem getting them open. If you can make blasters and get them to the bottom that seemed easier to me than trying to make matches.

Level 540: Extinguish 9 flames in 49 moves (6 fewer moves than before). Side note: who came up with 49? Might as go with 50. It's a nice round number and 49 is really hard. 12 count doom jewels fall in. The two 70 count L&Cs are always the same color as each other, although the color changes round to round. This is helpful because if you get a diamond you can swap it with that color to help yourself out a bit. I've been having a hard time getting them open. It's pretty easy for the flames to get out of control and spread around on the cut outs or for the doom jewels to slide somewhere hard to reach.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12