Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Master Battle Thread Part III

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by chalupa2030 View Post
    Great idea! I just started playing in the arena. Can you add a list here of the most powerful dragons that win the most?

I have three gold giving dragons but no champions. Not really sure what those are! Lots of epics mid levels and an all baby island that probably won't win much.
    There really isn't a list because each battle depends on the dragons you have. Someone who has mythic dragons will use mythic dragons, but if you don't have them you will use something else instead and can win just as easily.

The best thing is really to think strategically about the colors and evaluate your island.

So for instance, starting with the reds...

There are a LOT of dragons in the game with red, bunches of removed red yellows, tricolors, seasonal dragons, etc. The color chart for red opponents says to use: yellow (Y), blue (B), stone (S), tropic (t).
    Avoid green (G), Dino (D), zodiac (Z), metal (m).

So, first, what dragons do you have YB? Storm (album reward) is one of the best, not breedable and easy to get - just keep breeding dragons. If you don't have that or another non-breedable, do you have a super rare?

Second, because there's gotta be about a dozen red-yellow RY and RYG now, look at yellow. Use pink (K), night (N), cosmic (C), or zodiac (Z). Avoid Red (R), blue (B), and treasure (T).

Blue is good for red but bad for yellow. Yellow is good for red and doesn't matter for yellow. Pink is good for yellow and doesn't matter for red. So two strong colors are the Y against red and K against yellow gives you YK yellow-pink - the non-breedable and pretty easy to get Lightning.

Lightning is one of the STRONGEST arena dragons ever because it's useful against dozens of dragons - that's why it shows up on list after list in arena multiple times for people who don't use all champs. For starting arena, this is one of the best dragons to get and feed to epic.

The more dragons there are with certain colors, the more useful your dragon will be who can fight it. What do you have for green-yellow?

Fashion Designer
    The other type of dragon you need is one that can take on the super hard fights at the end of tournaments. These are battles were there are few strong options against that dragon.

These are dragons like champions, diamond hybrids and pinks. Champs have almost no weaknesses. Any dragon you use has a small pathetic chance to win. Diamonds are only weak to other diamonds, but hybrids are slightly weak to dragons strong against the other color.

Crusader for instance is diamond and red. Red is weak to yellow and blue, diamond is weak to diamond. Ideally, you want Mercury or Gold. Failing that, you can use YB like storm.

Pink is weak to night, treasure, fairy tale, gemstone. Night splits like crazy and there aren't that many non-breedable. Secret was a night-yellow tournament dragon - but yellow is weak to pink. Amber the dragon from mining is also night yellow with red. Lotus is not breedable, crafted and easy to get. Treasure dragons can also do well - but treasure dragons are weak against diamond, so they tend to struggle if it's a unicorn. There are currently no removed fairy tale and only one removed gemstone - tourney reward sunburst. Black rose is red green night - no colors weak to pink, and super rare. Might not be as good against an opponent like lightning as Lotus is, because Lotus isn't breedable and doesn't have any weaker color to the yellow, but a lot of people have won with it. You use what you have.

In the actual tourneys, dragons with a weak color do win, and are often worth trying, but ideally you want to know if you have some of the best choices when you evaluate your team, and focus on colors you have weak options for.

Executive Chef
    How did you ever figure all this out?? I'm not even sure what we are playing for one on the arena. The bluebell is over, right?

Fashion Designer
    How did you ever figure all this out?? I'm not even sure what we are playing for one on the arena. The bluebell is over, right?
    With arena, you get dragons in 2 ways.

1. Every battle you win gives you crafting material. It changes after about a month and a new crafting material comes out. The current one is bluebells - you get 99 of them then can craft new dragon in spell shop.

2. Tournaments. There are 2 types - regular tournaments last about 6 days and have 30 opponents, give gold at rounds 15, 20, 25 and the tournament dragon at round 30. The final round 30 opponent is the tournament dragon - you beat him and win him. There are also shorter 2 or 3 day tournaments that have about half the number of rounds, more or less. If I remember, we've had 12 and 18? The final dragon is also the tournament dragon, beat him to win him. These flash tourneys have been retired non-breedable dragons - really great opportunity if you can win them in the shorter time.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ciarjen View Post
    Great idea for a thread
    I know you have lots of great tips - when will we be reading more of them? Lol don't you love other people volunteering you?
    Last edited by sapphirecross; 04-29-14 at 02:18 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphirecross View Post
    I know you have lots of great tips - when will we be reading more of them? Lol
    Both of you are amazingly helpful!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkly888 View Post
    Don't forget that a habitat that is being built earns no money until it is completed.
    While a habitat that is being upgraded continues to earn during the period of its upgrade.
    Yep! But if you build the new one in the next spot you clear, you can still earn from the little one while it builds. Then you move the dragons to the big one.

I don't think it's a big deal for people who check game often and collect from habitats frequently, but if you don't play as much you need every coin back you can get. I didn't log in hourly, rarely do now either unless there is a tourney, so this might matter more if you log in less. Thanks for pointing that out!

It's interesting to me cuz I didn't have money issues for a long time, but there weren't any arenas when I started playing and I could just grow pumpwings to save money. But that doesn't work now, with all the food needed to feed a good team of dragons for arena. I definitely play and earn differently now with arenas, and it helps being higher level with more habitats.

Fashion Designer
    My battles cost 4000 coins, recently up from 3500. I think the price depends on level.
    Back after ~2 years off from games.

CS: Level 50. FFS: Level 136, with room to grow. Not playing DS anymore.

Fashion Designer
    The cosmic dragons are back now - I got a popup saying they are back for good. This impacts battles and I thought it would be helpful to discuss how it changes my arena team.

My cosmic is level 8, by herself in habitat. Removed, she has been pretty strong in arena. Now her status changed and she just got a lot weaker in arena.

So I look to see what I fight against with my cosmic - she is good against yellow, night, fairytale, and zodiac. Sigh. Oh yeah, those.

Usually I send her against stuff like a high level super rare fairytale or zodiac in arena. It was already iffy at level 8 if the opponent was in rounds 20-25 where epics matter most, and I knew I needed to get her to epic, but now she is less rare than the super rares in game. I also lose a potential option against non-breedable black yellow (secret, amber).

So I can either try to breed eclipse, which isn't currently possible for me because I have only one cosmic and no moon or yin yang, or I find replacements. I try to evaluate against a super rare in rounds 20-25 cuz those I really need to win without gold, to save gold for the final gauntlet of impossibles.

So, for super rare big bad, what can I use? Lotus, eclipse, a super rare zodiac (don't have those either) or super rare royal (also no). I can reheal Lotus, but I really need a second option here lol. Any removed or super rare black dragon will work, but I have nothing else at epic. I have to feed either secret, amber, or black rose - all are level 6 waiting for evo I think. I can also use an epic champion, but my Ninja has won one tournament fight, loses most of the time, and is level 9. I'd rather feed something else. If he'd just WIN more...

For super rare zodiacs, what choices can I use? Red, mythic (have none), eclipse (yeah getting this one is going to **** me - I can try for Saturn or another cosmic and breed together for eclipse, maybe get lucky), metal. I have platinum at 7 or 8 now. White is neutral against zodiac, not breedable, prolly a lot easier to get this one to epic. More food!

Yellow and night. Some options are pink and green - maybe new marshmallow which I think has neutral purple. A white green yellow - which I think is Caesar, just rare, but epic so I could get lucky. Triple rainbow (don't have), and pink-white. Chocolate and valentine - both not currently breedable, my valentine is 8 or 9. More food!

At least this changed before I fed cosmic to epic, which was becoming necessary and now it isn't.

But feeding Valentine, platinum, and a black became higher priority for me with this change.

Fashion Designer
    Both of you are amazingly helpful!
    I learn a lot from everyone still! I read all ciarjen's tips too - I thought recommending people try for dawntree to have for tournaments was great, with instructions how. That is how I got mine - someone posted instructions how to get it in the thread for pearl, because trading it gives a large white gem. I hadn't realized how easy it was before I read that - I think I got three of them and traded 2, then got an extra when they went limited. I like them though, I think they look unique and the leaves are soothingly springlike.

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast