Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Master Battle Thread Part III

Fashion Designer

Master Battle Thread Part III

Battle Dragon Discussion Thread
    Dragon: Master Battle Thread Part II

Hi thought it might be helpful to have a thread for general tips related to what you need to know before entering arena. There's a thread for fighting and one for each tournament, but there's a lot more to arena than just picking a dragon!

So here's some of my tips for evaluating your island fighting strength, affording arena, figuring out what dragons to feed first and try to breed. There are so many possibilities!

1. Some of the dragons that are strongest are those that can't currently be bred. Any opportunity to get one is worth trying for! That includes:

1. Album rewards - scarecrow, lightning and storm are fierce arena competitors
    2. Crafting - you can get lotus dragon just by requesting materials from neighbors. Other dragons you can make from parts you get in arena as you start to compete.
    3. Summonings and World Events - even if you can only get enough parts for the first dragon, it is worth trying! The thread for any current event always has good info on getting the most you can.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 06-14-16 at 08:03 AM.

Fashion Designer
    4. Limited dragons - any holiday dragons or anything with a timer that is soon to be removed is about to become non-breedable! Those are worth trying to get.

Feeding & Breeding

Your dragons don't have to be epic to win! You can win with any level dragon, but the more dragons you have at level 6-9 the better. If you can feed 3 dragons to level 8 or 9 or just get one to epic, how rare are they? If the 3 are common, but the one dragon is non-breedable - feed the one. But if you have rare and super rare, it's better to have more dragons leveling than just one or two epic commons

You can use the color chart (the list of what dragon colors are strong against other dragon colors) to evaluate your island and figure out what to breed. You go through the list and make sure you have a dragon strong against all the basic colors. So red is weak to blue and yellow. Do you have a blue yellow removed or super rare dragon? Social can be bred and is super rare. There was a value pack offer recently for a buy only dragon with those colors.

Green is red gemstone. Ruby can be bred and isn't very rare, but it's pretty easy to craft it too. Do you have a removed dragon with red in it? If you check the color list for Green weaknesses, purple and night are colors you want to avoid using with green. But you could pair red-yellow, especially if you got a limited holiday dragon being removed. Scarecrow from the album also has red, plus 2 colors neutral to green - yellow and green.

Yellow is difficult to breed a super rare black or pink - but if you crafted lotus, you have a great option!

You repeat that for the basic colors. You might have one dragon that is good against 3 different colors. So that can be good to feed. Whatever colors are missing, you breed for those.

The thread with tips for making money is pretty old and the suggested idea to breed the same dragon over and over on purpose is not the best idea for arena. You want to try for the rarest dragons, but you need to consider habitat cost and where to put the fails. Keeping some fails to earn money from is a good strategy, especially if you are struggling to earn money.

Fashion Designer
    It costs 5000 coins per battle in a tournament. That can add up per battle, plus costs to feed the dragons you want to level. So how to maximize feeding dragons for profit if all your food is going to feed dragons for arena?

Every dragon has a thread. You can get info about the dragons there or ask questions like what it earns at level 6. If you are deciding between a few super rates which to try for first - go for what makes the most money, if you can afford the habitat. Pink, black Night and white Light habitats make the most. Dragons with those colors tend to make more, but not always. Look at the info on your dragons because growing food drains your coins fast.

Consider which dragons you could get from breeding and what habitats you have to put them in. Try to limit outcomes. Red-yellow dragons can go on yellow habitats and there are some great super rare like honeybee and scorpion. But if you are high enough level, you can also get a mythic dragon from red yellow and the habitat costs millions. If you are breeding 4 colors for diamond, some color combos have cheaper outcomes than others! If you are still low and won't get mythic, it's a great time to go for the rarest red yellows. If you already have it, great! If you get it, is there something else you can try for with red yellow before switching to some other pair? If money is an issue, you don't want to have to build 3 habitats in a couple weeks that costs millions!

Purple - yellow can give royal; blue-yellow can give rainbow; green-white can give stone, etc. You can sell from the nest or stop breeding while you make money, but even better is being able to afford the rarest dragons and their habitats.

Fashion Designer
    To make the most money, you need more of the biggest habitats that earn the most. It's worth saving to buy the biggest and sell smaller versions rather than updating. You spend the same, but get some money back from selling.

White/light and purple/magic are where most of your money comes from without diamonds or the 4 dragon habitats, for a really long time. Because pink and black colors split, they are harder to breed for. It's a lot easier to get lots of white and purple dragons. Good place to put genie and love fails! Sell or trade commons only when you need space - if you don't, put them in whatever habitat earns the most of all their colors and keep trying for rarer dragons.

You can win with commons and rares, especially the first 19 rounds in a tournament. But for the hardest fights, battles go easier with the rarest, highest level dragons.

The egg chart with all the dragons and colors on it and rarity saves a lot of time when deciding what to breed for if you already know what colors you are missing, or the color tabs in the market.

Executive Chef
    Great idea! I just started playing in the arena. Can you add a list here of the most powerful dragons that win the most?

I have three gold giving dragons but no champions. Not really sure what those are! Lots of epics mid levels and an all baby island that probably won't win much.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphirecross View Post
    It's worth saving to buy the biggest and sell smaller versions rather than updating. You spend the same, but get some money back from selling.
    Don't forget that a habitat that is being built earns no money until it is completed.
    While a habitat that is being upgraded continues to earn during the period of its upgrade.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by chalupa2030 View Post
    Great idea! I just started playing in the arena. Can you add a list here of the most powerful dragons that win the most?

I have three gold giving dragons but no champions. Not really sure what those are! Lots of epics mid levels and an all baby island that probably won't win much.
    Champion dragons are sometimes offered as prizes for winning tournaments. To get your first Champ dragon, you need to win a tournament. The prize for the current tournament is a super rare champion. These are not offered often. The more rare a dragon, the stronger a fighter it is.

This is the dragon to spend money on using ultimate attacks if you are new to the battle arena. You can get yourself a champ at a good price compared to the market and it will help you in future tournaments having a champion dragon. ( I probably win at least 15 rounds each tournament using a super rare champion.)

Great idea for a thread
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Executive Chef
    Thank you , Cia!! I learn so much from you!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by chalupa2030 View Post

Fact is, that if i made a list of successful dragons that win often then Water lvl1 would end up real high on list, always amazes me when Champs and Super Rares get beat up over and over again, and i send in baby Water which wipes the opponent.....

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by MakJulos View Post
    always amazes me when Champs and Super Rares get beat up over and over again, and i send in baby Water which wipes the opponent.....

So that can happen! Yesterday I sent in a baby and it won against a level 14! I thought I was trippin! No clue what I'm doing, but it's fun

Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast