Thread: Can I ignore the goals?

Can I ignore the goals?

Is it possible to just play the game without doing the goals? Like sometimes a goal asks me to buy furniture that I don't want to have in my house, so if I leave that goal alone what will happen?

By completing goals, you earn money and gems, but they're not mandatory, is that right? I just want to be able to decorate as I want without having to follow missions and buy what they ask me to buy. Is there any way to earn money other than through the three options available or finishing goals...?

Also, if I buy something BEFORE it shows up as a goal, will the goal recognize that I've already bought the item and give me the points?

Rhino Keeper
    Hi, jaxkitty, and welcome to the forum! I don't see most of the goals as being necessary if you only want to decorate. However, some of the goals will unlock certain items that you might wish to use in decorating, so keep that in mind. There are a few that are unable to be unlocked because they were part of time-sensitive goals in the past (the Spooky Hearth and Rustic Stove come to mind).

As far as earning coins, you can earn much more by doing the jobs available at the bottom of the screen. Do the shortest one repeatedly while you're there playing, and when you leave start a longer one to run until you can return to the game. That should help you build up coins a little more quickly.

The Honorable Panda
    If it is a limited goal, you can skip it and it will eventually expire.
    Some Goals may be permanent goals so I am not sure if by not doing them it will keep you from future goals.
    If you give me the name of the goals I can check on this.

Those are the only way of earning gems.

Sometimes goals will be retroactive and if you have already purchased it will automatic credit you, but some are not, so you will have to purchase the item again.
    Sometimes you can purchase different wallpaper or flooring than what is shown, and you will pass the goal. You can test buy trying to buy only 1.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Thanks for the replies and the welcome!

em_storm, that's a great idea about earning coins by doing the shortest job while in the game. I usually go straight for the third one once the previous job has finished. But isnt it true that in order to advance and unlock further levels and have access to more furniture, you have to do the goals? Or will earning more coins by doing jobs alone do that for you?

kooky panda - Examples of the goals I'd rather skip are Hint of the Wild, Making A Splash, or Home on the Range. And those ugly orange autumn trees! I'm still early on in the game and my kitchen isn't big enough for a gourmet range like the one they want me to buy, and I just got my first stove which fits my kitchen quite nicely. I feel like saying, Let me enjoy it for awhile before asking me to change it, will ya? What I mean is that the money I could be using to buy another room for my house, for example, I would have to spend on an unnecessary upgraded stove.

I think I am taking this game a bit too seriously LOL. I'm guessing most people play the game as they please, buying furniture whether or not they are being asked to buy them in the goals, while choosing to do a goal when they feel like it. And from what I gather, most higher level players will have storages filled with unused, previously brought furniture, right?

Rhino Keeper
    As far as I know, all you have to do to level up is increase your home value, which you do by adding rooms, expanding, and buying furniture and other decorations (do note- floor tiles don't add to your home value, I don't know why). I defer to Kooky on the rest of it.

And don't worry, we all take it a little too seriously at times. A little "TL-itis" (I'm not sure if that's the medical term) never hurt anybody. Plus we have our very own support group called the Forum, ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Em_storm View Post
    As far as I know, all you have to do to level up is increase your home value, which you do by adding rooms, expanding, and buying furniture and other decorations (do note- floor tiles don't add to your home value, I don't know why). I defer to Kooky on the rest of it.

And don't worry, we all take it a little too seriously at times. A little "TL-itis" (I'm not sure if that's the medical term) never hurt anybody. Plus we have our very own support group called the Forum, ha.
    What does TL mean? I'm sorry I am not up to date with internet slang.

Another question I thought of as I was playing ... I wanted to know if certain items are limited time only. It would suck if I put off buying something that I would like to put in a future room only to find it gone when I have the room and the coins.

Also - is it possible to own every piece of furniture in the store, including the gem items, without spending any real money?

Another way you can earn money is to visit your neighbors everyday. The more neighbors you have, the more you can make. I would do that to build up my coins faster.
    The only way you will own everything in the store for free is if you have a ton of neighbors who will give you gems daily and it would still take quite awhile because a lot of stuff in the store takes a lot of gems. I have been playing for a year and this is the only game that I have spent real money on to get gems. But I have almost 1.5 million in coins saved up because I don't buy much anymore. I keep playing in hopes they expand the land we can buy and I can keep playing.

Quote Originally Posted by amyed002 View Post
    Another way you can earn money is to visit your neighbors everyday. The more neighbors you have, the more you can make. I would do that to build up my coins faster.
    The only way you will own everything in the store for free is if you have a ton of neighbors who will give you gems daily and it would still take quite awhile because a lot of stuff in the store takes a lot of gems. I have been playing for a year and this is the only game that I have spent real money on to get gems. But I have almost 1.5 million in coins saved up because I don't buy much anymore. I keep playing in hopes they expand the land we can buy and I can keep playing.
    Thanks for the reply. Does that mean you have every piece of furniture now that you want, since you're not really spending your coins?

Yes I discovered you can make a couple hundred daily from visiting neighbors, but for some reason my social rating score isn't going up despite my daily visits and collecting hearts. It's been stuck at 3 hearts for a long time now it seems.

I couldn't resist and bought some gems, so I'm glad to see I'm not the only one

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxkitty View Post
    Is it possible to just play the game without doing the goals? Like sometimes a goal asks me to buy furniture that I don't want to have in my house, so if I leave that goal alone what will happen?

By completing goals, you earn money and gems, but they're not mandatory, is that right? I just want to be able to decorate as I want without having to follow missions and buy what they ask me to buy. Is there any way to earn money other than through the three options available or finishing goals...?

Also, if I buy something BEFORE it shows up as a goal, will the goal recognize that I've already bought the item and give me the points?
    kooky panda - Examples of the goals I'd rather skip are Hint of the Wild, Making A Splash, or Home on the Range. And those ugly orange autumn trees! I'm still early on in the game and my kitchen isn't big enough for a gourmet range like the one they want me to buy, and I just got my first stove which fits my kitchen quite nicely. I feel like saying, Let me enjoy it for awhile before asking me to change it, will ya? What I mean is that the money I could be using to buy another room for my house, for example, I would have to spend on an unnecessary upgraded stove.

Sorry this took so long. You will need to complete some current goals you have to be able to see new goals.

You need to complete Hint of the Wild, so you will get the next Goal called "Rest of the Forest".
    You need to complete Making a Splash so you will get the next Goal "Back to Work"
    You need to complete Home on the Range so you will get the next Goal "No Designer is an Island".
    Last edited by kooky panda; 03-31-14 at 02:25 PM.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Thanks for the reply. Does that mean you have every piece of furniture now that you want, since you're not really spending your coins?
    I have everything I want right now. I check in once a day to send/collect gifts and then I go ahead and collect my money in hopes that they will expand the game.