Thread: Upgrading habitats?

Upgrading habitats?

I just started playing today and one of my goals is to upgrade the green habitat. How do I do that? I read somewhere that once your dragon is level 5 you can select the option to upgrade, but my forest dragon is level 7 and the upgrade option still hasnt appeared, although it has appeared next to my red habitat in which I have a level 5.

Help?

When you select the habitat, an option to upgrade should appear in the bottom right hand corner, with other options such as move and collect. However, keep in mind that the option to upgrade the green grove only becomes available at level 6 (island level, not dragon level).
    "When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad!" Cave Johnson

I am currently at level 10. And the option still isn't there. It shows up for the red habitat, but not the green.

Executive Chef
    You can upgrade habitats with level 1 dragons in them, so it is your player level which is not high enough at the moment.

When the upgrade does become available you just tap the upgrade arrow and agree to the coin cost. Just be careful though, the final upgrade is for gold on some habitats.

Executive Chef
    Just a note: unless completing a goal or cramped for space upgrading a habitat is not a good idea since it's the same cost as buying it outright. Your better off to just buy the large habitat and then sell your small one for a small return in coins.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyorpheus View Post
    I am currently at level 10. And the option still isn't there. It shows up for the red habitat, but not the green.
    I recommend you either force close and reopen the app or restart your device. If the problem still persists try contacting TL support. If possible could you upload a screen shot of the selected green grove?
    "When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad!" Cave Johnson

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cquinn32 View Post
    Just a note: unless completing a goal or cramped for space upgrading a habitat is not a good idea since it's the same cost as buying it outright. Your better off to just buy the large habitat and then sell your small one for a small return in coins.
    I fully agree. Don't waste coins upgrading habitats. Buy new larger ones. Same cost. Then sell old for a few coins in return.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kwhales View Post
    I fully agree. Don't waste coins upgrading habitats. Buy new larger ones. Same cost. Then sell old for a few coins in return.

A low level player may not have the space to build a large habitat while they have the small one and I don't think (although it is not something I have tried ) that they would be able to sell the small habitat, if they had a dragon in it, to make way for a large one.