Thread: Delete my game from dragon story

Delete my game from dragon story

Hi there. Do you know if I can delete my game permanently from the Dragon Story servers? I think I may want to start over on my device. I have been having so many crashes (about every five minutes and with every operation or action) since I went above I think level 90 or so. I've tried everything my phone will adjust to. I've tried reinstalling. I wish I could just start over. I thought about getting an Ipad or something and playing the game on that. I really can't afford it now and even if I could it seems pretty silly just to buy a $400 device for this silly game. I do love this game but its really awful having all these crashes while playing it. It's not fun anymore and fun is what a game should be, right?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by marcatwolf View Post
    Hi there. Do you know if I can delete my game permanently from the Dragon Story servers? I think I may want to start over on my device. I have been having so many crashes (about every five minutes and with every operation or action) since I went above I think level 90 or so. I've tried everything my phone will adjust to. I've tried reinstalling. I wish I could just start over. I thought about getting an Ipad or something and playing the game on that. I really can't afford it now and even if I could it seems pretty silly just to buy a $400 device for this silly game. I do love this game but its really awful having all these crashes while playing it. It's not fun anymore and fun is what a game should be, right?
    You would need to send an email to support@teamlava.com and explain your situation.

You can remove the ID on the device by restoring the device to factory settings (out-of-box state, not restoring from a backup)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kidphantom11 View Post
    You can remove the ID on the device by restoring the device to factory settings (out-of-box state, not restoring from a backup)
    The games are kept on TL servers so that wouldn't delete the game

Host(ess)
    If you have another device, an iPod Touch for example, you can transfer your current game to it. Then you can reinstall DS on your phone and start a new game.

Hope this info helps!

p.s. Your original game is still on TLs server. You can still play if you transfer it. I know this didn't directly answer your question. It's just a work-around.
    Last edited by DeQ757; 03-24-14 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Added p.s.

Fashion Designer
    Could always just delete all your habitats / dragons / decorations / etc.

The bugs and lag seem to be more prevalent at the higher levels. I noticed after I decorated and added more and more to my islands the worse the game got. Now it's about 4 - 5 "wait for Dragon Story to respond" messages and at least 1 to 2 crashes before I can move to my breeding den, select my dragons and check the timer. I don't collect gold, food, visit nbrs, or do anything except try to breed and maybe evolve a dragon, then log out... and just doing that takes 15+ minutes sometimes. Bet lightening my habitats / dragons / decorations would do the trick.

Executive Chef
    May I just add one more thing ?
    I used to play DS on my IPhone 4S and the lag was driving me crazy! I thought its just my decorations and all the junk on my island
    I was pleasantly surprised when I transferred my game to my new iPhone 5S a few months ago! I couldn't believe I could just touch the screen and it would respond at the exact same second! It was unreal!!

I'm just saying maybe its not the game, maybe it's the device

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by NouraMoh View Post
    May I just add one more thing ?
    I used to play DS on my IPhone 4S and the lag was driving me crazy! I thought its just my decorations and all the junk on my island
    I was pleasantly surprised when I transferred my game to my new iPhone 5S a few months ago! I couldn't believe I could just touch the screen and it would respond at the exact same second! It was unreal!!

I'm just saying maybe its not the game, maybe it's the device
    From what Marcatwolf is saying it sounds like a) they are on Android b) they want to stick with the same device. Starting fresh may improve their experience, but they still will run into the same issues once they level up. If TL can reset them, great! If not, deleting everything may be a close second.

Rhino Keeper
    Well, the programming of this game seems to be rather bad. The game-designers do a very good job, because many players keep on playing, they introduce new contents frequently and for most players the game is fun.
    But the programmers ... for about more than one year they didnt manage to implement a stable version for older IOs-devices (< phone5) and they dont manage at all to implement anything on android. 512MB of RAM should be more than enough for a basically simple sprite-based 2D-game.
    Guess they only took the objective-C code from iOS, let it auto-translate by any free converter from the internet to java/android-sdk and threw out any function that didnt work any more on the new device. The most difficult part should be the backend-implementation that hast to repsond to millions of requests, but once it is properly written, we should not realize any difference between the different frontends for different devices. But in case, we still do.

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by marcatwolf View Post
    I am sorry but there is no restart/reset option for the game.
    If you are having issues with your device, even if you restart a new game, you would eventually have the same issues, if playing on the same device.
    For crashing issues you can send an email to support@teamlava.com or check some of the current threads for information that may help.

Here is one

:Android game crashing - CONSTANTLY!!
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request