Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sapphire Suburb - Levels 511 - 516 (Region 86)

Sapphire Suburb - Levels 511 - 516 (Region 86)

~
    No "island" posts on the TL Blog lately, and no pictures on the JM Regions Master thread yet for these "higher-numbered" islands--just names & links. So these from my phone:

Awesome, fun artwork (as usual!) Have fun & Good Luck, on this challenging island of Jewel Mania!

~*~*~

Note: Screenshots from (now-current) Jewel Mania Christmas version (1.2.3.)
    Last edited by Phaedrakiki; 03-10-14 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Add screenshot(s)

There's already been a couple threads about level 516--links are here and here. I'm on Level 515 right now--not in that big a hurry to see what all the complaints are about, lol! :scared:

I'm hating level 516. It really does seem impossible to do in the allotted moves. I've never got past level 9, and half the time I run out of moves (or a doom jewel gets me) in the upper portion! I always make sure I've got at least one purple jewel match (+more purples) in the upper portion, or I restart the level. Cuz sometimes, there aren't any purples except for the restricted ones--what a waste of moves!

Any luck with 516 yet? I just got to it a few days ago and so far only have gotten to 9/14

I do look for a good starting position but for me what's more important are prematched jewels on the bottom level. If i see like an easy bomb match, or premade match that'll complete when it scrolls i'll play it out. If you can do that then if you leave blasters, etc in the bottom row of the top half, they'll fall down.

lol still it's a lot of luck needed just to get to the bottom half. I really think they either need to increase the moves for this level or change it to a timed level to make it feasible.

I just think they shouldn't make levels impassible without using gold. I've bought and used gold on occasion, like on a super tricky level where one pane of glass was left ie. but i don't want to be forced to do it.

hopefully the stars will align and i'll pass this one, otherwise i may just stop playing altogether.

I still have no progress with it. Not playing a lot recently though. My best result was 4 bricks remained on the 14th line, but it was unusually lucky try.
    Last edited by nasonovata; 03-20-14 at 01:46 AM.

nope.. im still stuck at level 516 -_-

After about a week on level 516, I had an incredibly lucky round. I got so close that I pressed the "more moves" button and passed with 2 stars. (I figured it would take another week or more to get that close again--if that!) But I've been stuck even longer now on level 520. I was so happy to have made it to the next island (Robo Crop Circle,) but this level really is impossible (or more impossible?)...there are so many 13-second doom jewels. 520's a timed level, with so many short-timered doomies falling on you, it's crazy. The board layout makes it easy for them to land in areas you can't get to in time. Game's over in less than a minute for me...

Now I'm wishing I'd waited (and not spent any gold) on 516. I'm not going to spend gold on levels like this ever again. I understand having to work hard/wait a few days for that perfect, lucky board. If you want to "rush it" you can buy gold, or you can work harder and wait for that perfect board and beat it without gold--it's up to you. But they're making the levels now so that a perfect board will never come. (Well, for me just an "almost perfect" level 516...) I'm waiting to see if they change 520--I force myself to play a couple rounds a day. Then I use my other energies to 3-star older levels, or I'll just forget about my energies and play something else. It's no fun to play a game with unbeatable levels. I'm really bummed-out to find after all this time, they're doing this to their oldest, most loyal players. (You don't get to level 500+ in a few weeks, lol!)
    Last edited by Phaedrakiki; 04-02-14 at 10:17 AM. Reason: correction

Okay so i did actually beat it, but yeah i paid too. I got down to 12/14 after getting a few really lucky vertical blasters, but only had 2 moves left, so i bought two blaster items (14 gold each) which guaranteed a win. i don't like pressing the more moves button - when i actually do it on purpose - because you might not know if you'll even finish still.

517 was a pretty easy fire level, zipped through in 3 tries, but now i'm in 518 hell! Four concentric rings of walls with 2pane glass and bombs that fall in the sides.. ugh! at least they have relatively long fuses. The only way i'll pass this level is by making a diamond-blaster combo, which will be exceptionally rare, and then still probably having to buy some glass breakers.

I usually hold out hope on a level, even the most frustrating ones to date, with the fact that if i can get even close to beating it, then i know it's possible. With these, i can't even get close normally. I realize the levels can't just suddenly get easier, but i really enjoyed the increased technicality of more recent levels, now its like they ran out of technical-challenge ideas and these are just brute force walls.

Hard to believe there are several worlds above this one still..

Btw, post some photos of 520 if you can!

Hi! Yeah, I know what you mean about enjoying the levels leading up to these. When you're nearing 500 levels, things should be a bit tougher. But I agree, it's gotten ridiculous--some of these are not passable (w/o spending money, anyway.) And yeah, at this rate, it is hard to imagine all the levels that are supposedly ahead of these. How difficult are they?!

I'll add some more screenshots when I get a chance, but there's already an attachment shot of 520 at the Robo Crop Circle thread. (Unfortunately, someone created a duplicate thread--so it might get confusing. Follow my link to the one with the photo..)

Quote Originally Posted by thebiglechowski View Post
    (...)i don't like pressing the more moves button - when i actually do it on purpose - because you might not know if you'll even finish still.(...)
    I press the more time/moves button only when I'm sure. Sometimes I only notice how close I was after the fact, when that screen comes up counting down the "decision" seconds. You can still see your board a bit. Several times I've noticed I had the winning moves right there if I just had the extra time/moves... Happens more often with timed levels (the first chance I get when I'm not frantically moving/eyes darting about!) And sometimes the last match you make creates a great opportunity--special jewel placement, combos, diamonds, etc. Then what seemed a lost cause...suddenly isn't (with more moves or time...)

(...)i really enjoyed the increased technicality of more recent levels, now its like they ran out of technical-challenge ideas and these are just brute force walls.(...)
    Amen!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast