Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about the 'Surprise Boxes'??

Rhino Keeper

Question How do you feel about the 'Surprise Boxes'??

Personally, I really Hate them! So far, every time I have tried one, I have ended up with some small, useless item that's definitely not worth 24 gems! I would so much prefer to just spend my gems on the item I want, and actually use them! Even though 45 gems is a lot of gems, I would spend them if I could be guaranteed the item I wanted!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by happyheartfla View Post
    Personally, I really Hate them! So far, every time I have tried one, I have ended up with some small, useless item that's definitely not worth 24 gems!
    That's y they're referred 2 as mystery boxes. U go in2 them knowing the risk of getting something not worth the gems ur spending. There've been numerous times I've gotten duplicates and I've had 2 say O well and that makes me stop "wasting" my hard earned gems. If u hate them so much quit playing them or only play them 1 time.

I feel surprised by them they give you items that you can not get anywhere else

Farm Supplier
    I do wish you could just spend more for the item you want, but that's just part of the gimmick. I've only opened two. Once I got a "Miss Confectionary" or whatever she's called, and I don't really like her. But in the second one, I got a Piano Fountain, which is what I really wanted. So sometimes you really do get a cool item if you're willing to gamble.

I think they're a fun addition to the game because you can get semi exclusive content. However, I personally don't think they're worth the gamble. I've only bought two. I was okay with what I got the first time (candy dish) and hated the ugly statue I got second time.

Since I don't plan to spend my money on gems, they take a lot of work to earn and I'd rather spend them on things I know I want. If I buy another mystery box, I am going to be very selective.

Rhino Keeper
    I would prefer more LTOs, instead of all the boxes. Like I said before, I prefer to just pay for what I want. Many of the items are really cute, but I figure I won't get them even if I try. I've done the boxes about 5-6 times and never have I gotten anything above third place. I've stopped trying them. However, if the larger items were LTOs I would snatch them up quickly!

Rhino Keeper
    I kind of like them, I hate getting something dumb but the surprise and unknown element is kind of thrilling to me. My sister and I wait until we have over 100 gems each and if it's been awhile we find a box we like and open it like 3 times together- double the surprise it's sort of fun. usually we wait until after the black friday sale because that's what we save the gems for unless we know we will have enough for both the boxes and the black friday sale.

Executive Chef
    The best I've received is a 2nd prize item but I still like the 'gamble'. Luckily I've been able to buy lots of 1st prize items during the yearly sales. I like having stuff that other bakeries don't so for me they add some fun and exclusivity to the game.

Rhino Keeper
    I've wasted too many gems on them, that's what I think.
    I play Restaurant and Bakery Story

Please do not send me a neighbor request. I will decline it because I'm not looking for any new neighbors, thanks for understanding!

Farm Supplier
    I opened the Birthday Surprise box (by mistake, although I had thought about it ) I got one of the two items I really liked: table w/gifts. I don't remember what prize it was :-/ does anybody know? I did like what I got this time, but I do think it's a risk ( I know, that's the pont), so make sure you like most of the items, especially 3rd and 4th place (God, I really like that pie rack... :-D )

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast