Thread: Penguin Paradise - Levels 499 - 504 (Region 84)

Penguin Paradise - Levels 499 - 504 (Region 84)

~

No "island" posts on the TL Blog lately, and no pictures on the JM Regions Master thread yet for these "higher-numbered" islands. So these are screenshots from my phone:

Awesome, fun artwork (as usual!) Have fun on this island of Jewel Mania!

~*~*~

Note: Screenshots are from Jewel Mania Christmas version (1.2.3.)
    Last edited by Phaedrakiki; 02-28-14 at 06:56 AM.

Level 499: 16 fire in 1:15 (4JC.) This level has an L-shaped L&C at the bottom left, unbreakable/stone jewels, lots of little windows & cutouts in odd shapes, and a completely separated flame at the lower right of the board. The L&C has 2 locks (different colors, 45-count on each,) and fire inside. A blaster and/or combo's needed for the isolated lower right flame, though the rest of the fire's tricky, too. You have to start matching to push it back quickly, or you'll lose control & have a wildfire. You also have to make smart matches with the stone jewels--hard to do with the fast timer, but otherwise you won't get anywhere (if you just randomly swipe them around...)

I've got down to 2 or 3 flames...but that's the best I've done so far. Still working on this! (Ugh! Timed fire levels...arggghh!!!) This level's frustrating, but I also want to pass it to get to level 500. Wow, that phrase ("level 500") blows my mind!
    Last edited by Phaedrakiki; 02-05-14 at 01:58 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    That bottom right corner is tricky to get to. When I made a horizontal blaster I tried to hold onto it as long as possible and make it fall to the bottom row. Sometimes it worked and sometimes the fire spread to high so it didn't make a difference. Made it through with a blaster + bomb on the second to last row.

I'm curious to see what 500 looks like! I had a level and then wasted it on the earlier one that I thought I could beat...bad idea. I remember being impressed that I made it to level 100 or 200 and all, but 500, wow. Big day! lol.

Rhino Keeper
    We made it!

Level 500: Break 36 glass in 40 moves (5JC). It's all double glass and there's a cluster of snakes on the bottom left with glass underneath them. There's also restricted jewels blocking the snakes. Seven count doom jewels fall in. There's three one square cut outs too that help to block glass, snakes or both.

I've played this once to far and got rid of most of the snakes with a blaster + bomb combo. I'm assuming that will be the faster way to clear them out. Some of the heads you can get rid of through matches but most will need special jewels. I anticipate the cut outs are going to be a problem without specials too.

Hey limonepledge, where've you been? Hope you're doing well!

Just wondering where/if there are any screen shots of 503? Can't seem to get through this one.