Thread: Golden Birdcage - Levels 451 - 456 (Region 76)

Golden Birdcage - Levels 451 - 456 (Region 76)

~

No "island" posts on the TL Blog lately, and no pictures on the JM Regions Master thread yet for these "higher-numbered" islands. So these are screenshots from my phone:

Awesome, fun artwork (as usual!) Have fun on this island of Jewel Mania!

~*~*~

Note: These screenshots are a little old--from the Halloween version of Jewel Mania (1.1.9, in case you're wondering about the Jack o lantern...or why Bean Dog looks like Elvis!)

Rhino Keeper
    Level 451: Dig 10 meters in 3:20 (5JC). There are cut outs and super dirt and the edges of the board taper in and out. I was able to get to the 8 or 9 out of 10 each time I played, but it's hard to get through the last couple rows because it tapers in and there's a bunch of super dirt. I think I finally got through with a combo.

Rhino Keeper
    Level 452: Clear 20 glass in 55 moves (5JC). There are three different areas with a lock and chain covering a two headed snake. All are 35 count. There is glass under all of the snakes (left side, right side and bottom) as well glass and ice right above the bottom snake. The heads of the left and right snake are blocked by cuts in the board so you need a special jewel to clear them.

I'm really struggling with this level. The bottom snake and the heads at the bottom of the left and right snakes are easy enough to get rid of and I haven't had a problem opening the lock and chains. I've been refreshing to make sure that the top heads of the left and right snake are the same color so I can knock them out with a diamond (I refreshed the round where I took the pic below because the heads are different colors). So far I've only been able to get those heads once, with a diamond. While it's easy enough to make blasters, because they're at the second row from the top of the board it's hard to make or get a blaster that high. I think once you clear all the snakes it's not too hard, it's just getting there before running out of moves!

I looked back at my screenshots for that level--looks like I had 50 moves (they added 5.) Months ago, I started a list of the levels I've played, w/the date I start each one. (I sometimes add notes, too--but unfortunately not on this one.) Looks like I spent a day on Level 452, though that could mean 5 tries...or 20+! (No way to tell, lol! I only mention it so you know it won't take long to get the combos you need!) One of my screenshots shows I used a blaster + bomb in the 2nd column (to take out both snake heads on the left.) The combo could also be done in the 2nd & 3rd columns (side-by-side,) as long as you swiped left, of course. Then you'd still have to contend w/the snakes on the right, too. Even better would be to get lucky with a blaster + bomb in the top rows. You'd have to have a blaster or bomb in one of the first 3 rows, at least (swiping up for a combo in rows 3 & 4.) Actually, a good ol' diamond + blaster could be the answer, espec. with lots of jewels the same color as the blaster (for maximum fire power.) Not sure if a diamond + bomb combo ****s snakes--does that work? (I know it clears all the jewels the same color as the bomb, but can't remember if that includes snakes--or doom jewels, restricted jewels, etc.) Anyway...I got very sidetracked here! All I meant to say is a good combo (or lots of diamonds!) will show up for you eventually!

Sorry so long-winded (again, lol.) I wish you lots of luck...and lots of diamonds! Regardless, the right set-up will be yours soon!

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks for the tips! I totally forgot about blaster + bomb combos. I think I was too wrapped up in being stuck that I wasn't thinking about all the possibilities. Also, thanks for the wish of diamonds, lol. I finally beat it on a round with three diamonds! Used one with a blaster that knocked out a lot and the last two just swapped with colors.

Rhino Keeper
    Level 453: Extinguish 20 fires in 3:20 (5JC). There are two columns of the side filled with fire and more fire in the center with cut outs and crates making it difficult to clear them. The two side columns are in a 35 count lock and chain. There are also 15 seconds doom jewels that fall in. In one round one fell in right after my first move and I couldn't clear it so I got to play less than 20 seconds out of the 3:20. Does that bother other people too? Timed doomies are the worse because we wait an hour or however long to get energy and then it's gone before you even know it. I think they should set up these levels so that the doomies fall in slightly later. Halfway or even a third of the way through would be fine. But not immediately when the games starts!

I thought I was going to be stuck here because I always get stuck on hard to reach fire levels but I managed to get a good round with a diamond + blaster combo which took out all the fire I had left. Blaster + bomb combos also come in handy!

Rhino Keeper
    Level 454: Dig 12 meters in 65 moves (5JC). There are 4 2-headed snakes. Two of them are L-shaped. There's also a lot of super dirt and black jewel things creating a checkerboard with the super dirt. It seems to be pretty easy to make special jewels and some rounds I was able to make multiple diamonds. For the most part the snake heads are easy to reach. The hardest thing about it is the super dirt/black jewel checker.

Rhino Keeper
    Level 455: Extinguish 19 fires in 50 moves (5JC). There are cut outs in the middle and two 35 count lock and chain sections that contain fire. The level also starts with 6 unbreakable jewels and 5 exposed fires, one of which is hidden at the top. I tried to get rounds where I could easily get rid of the top fire because it starts spreading pretty quick. I was stuck here for a couple days and never had trouble opening the L&Cs but it's really easy for the fire to get out of hand. I don't remember how exactly I got through, but I think it involved a diamond + bomb combo and multiple well placed matches.

Rhino Keeper
    Level 456: Clear 6 glass in 35 moves (5JC). I was surprised by how little glass there is on this one! There are two lock and chain sections (both 35 count) that enclose 2 headed snakes and the 6 double glass squares. It's a little hard to open the L&C's in time because the cut outs limit space to make matches, but thankfully you can clear the first layer of glass without ****ing the snakes with a well placed blaster or combo. There's no glass under the snakes, just in the bottom corners.

See you at Howling Hillside!