Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Profits and Strategy

Executive Chef
    The highest profit with 18 ovens is Hot Apple Cider (16 hour) then Ginger Bread Cookies (6 hour) then Jasmine Tea (1 hour).

The second highest profit is Earl Grey Tea (22 hour) then Jasmine Tea (1 hour). This is a little short of the 43,000 servings a day, that's why I prefer cappuccino as a gift.

I prefer the Tea recipes because its less cooking and you don't need to switch appliances.

Grand Emperor
    I have 18 appliance slots. I only baked new recipes and ended up with over 4 million plates around the end of 2012. Then TL didn't release recipes as often starting in early 2013, so my food was able to sell without a lot more plates added.

Then somewhere around the late spring of 2013 or maybe early summer 2013, I started running low on food (<500K plates). I was able to bake the recipes I mastered and liked that I was never able to bake because I had too much food. Then I baked Red Velvet Cake when I wasn't baking new recipes and had a good supply of food. When my food starts running low again I bake Black Forest Cake, Watermelon Cake, and sometimes Sweet Potato Pie and a few other high yield recipes, just to build up the food. Android, so no Molten Lava Cake. Every once in a while I'll bake some recipe I like just to change things up. When I have enough food, I'll usually bake RVC and place a day's worth of recipes on a new counter. I try to bake the longer time recipes because I don't have time to get into my game every few hours. I also like getting Cappuccino for gifts when there are no new parts needed, because I have over 600 parts of each of the classic parts.

Of the lists in the Level 99 thread, no one listed Watermelon Cake. I like that because if I get low on food it adds 124,200 plates in one day (3450 plates/recipe x 18 recipes x 2 bakings/day), and then I can go back sooner to baking RVC.
    i
    When TL increased the prices in Sept 2012, I had 11M coins. By the end of May 2013 I had 40M coins and bought my second to last expansion. Now I have over 45M coins and need about 15M more before I have the 60M for my last expansion. But I probably won't be able to expand because I need 50 neighbors. I have 10-12 active neighbors and 5 that don't play anymore but I haven't deleted them yet. Now that pending invites time out, I can't save up the invites of the people who go through the threads just to add posters. I used to ignore pending invites, then accept them, expand, then delete them immediately.
    Last edited by nmishii; 01-28-14 at 10:39 PM. Reason: typo

Thank you for taking the time to post this for us. I have 13 ovens and have been cooking ONLY:
    1- RVC
    2- hot apple cider
    3- cappuccino
    4-suger cookies
    5- Valentine's
    Cookies
    6- cinnamon buns
    7- Earl Grey Tea
    8- love potion
    9- Candy Cookies
    10- candy cake ( just to master and bc it is pretty :-) )

I have been making nearly 200,000 a day. I leave my bakery open always. Also, I have not thrown other food away, such as winter cookies and cake from goals. It is the first time I have ever really made any real money.

Nightclub Owner
    Well...between yesterday at 11am and this morning at 9:30 I earned a total of 426,424. I kept my game online last night.

This includes the daily bonus, by the way. I have no idea what it was since i didn't get a pop up this morning since the game was on. :/

My earl grey tea is now finished and so I now have red velvet cake (about 50k servings), sweet potato pie (about 100k servings) and black forest cake (about 112k servings).

nmishii, i never considered the watermelon cake at all for serving size because i didn't realise it had that many servings. Always went to blackforest cake.

Nightclub Owner
    Interesting.

So taking Annascoffe's list (and throwing in candy corn muffins) I have come up with the figures below.

I worked out the profit made after 22 hours of cooking on 18 appliances- unrealistic, i know, as it relates to jasmine tea and the 16 hour recipes. But nevertheless, here is the comparison for profits (working with profit per serving).

Jasmine Tea : 326,700 servings : $ 467,181
    Candy Corn Muffins. : 65,587 servings : $ 202,008
    Hot apple Cider : 35,640 servings : $ 191,743
    Gingerbread cookies : 49,500 servings : $ 170,280
    Earl Grey Tea : 27,180 servings : $ 159,547
    Red Velvet Cake : 22,050 servings : $ 154,791

This does not take into account filochick's "cash flow" argument which really would see candy corn muffin being on top (158,087.96) with Hot apple cider in second(72,943.20) , earl grey tea third(47,046.60), Red velvet cake in fourth place (44,991) and both Jasmine tea and gingerbread cookies coming in with negative figures, Jasmine tea, as you can imagine coming in worse.

Of course, as others have said, larger servings mean a longer time to realise the profit, so...
    Last edited by bobbyrae; 01-29-14 at 09:28 AM.

Executive Chef
    Hi bobbyrae,

I might have left some information out, or I didn't explain well enough, ... sorry

To make the most profit possible (that I know of) its best to cook Hot Apple Cider (on all 18 appliances), when it's done cook Ginger Bread Cookies (on all 18 appliances). The Jasmine Tea should only be cooked once every 4 days, (the Jasmine Tea is just so you don't run out of food).

Profit from cooking Hot Apple Cider/Ginger Bread Cookies (and SOME Jasmine Tea) is 189,300 daily. I can't think of any other foods that will sell out everyday and give more profit.

Cash flow is VERY important. IF your bakery has NO "old" food ...These recipes will sell out everyday.

Also... I based my information on what can be cooked (on 18 appliances) and sold in 24 hours. I can only sell 43,000 plates a day. I know other people can sell more by leaving the game open but it doesn't work in my bakery. If you can sell more than 43,000 plates (or if you have more than 18 appliances), then maybe there are other recipes that will make more profit in your bakery.

By the way, the Earl Grey Tea/Jasmine Tea combination is what I cooked, it sells out every day and the profit is 180,720 per day.

Executive Chef
    Just so I'm not confused, when you say profit, you literally mean profit where you've deducted the original cost of cooking the recipe?

I am trying to post the complete table but it is not working... lol.. When I figure out how to improve this I will edit the post.

But anyway, the first table shows the top results for best Return over Investment when rate is 43000 srv/day.
    As you can see, with Hot Apple Cider, if your rate is 43000/day, 18 ovens won't equal production rate to selling rate. It would be necessary 20 ovens. If your rate is higher, then you would need more wovens.
    Plus, you could never miss not even a minute to serve/prepare.
    If your selling rate is 43000/day the next recipe would be Gingerbread Cookies, with only 15 ovens needed. (and still you can't wait not even a minute to serve/prepare)
    The column initial investment takes cash flow in consideration. It is necessary to have at least 102,600 coins to start this recipe, no food on counters, or only more expensive or with the same price food on counters.
    IMPORTANT: If you cook anything else in the other 3 ovens it will start to pile up food and therefore cashflow will have to be calculated.
    Last edited by marianagresta; 01-30-14 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Spelling

Executive Chef
    Can anyone share with me how to track the servings I make per day? I don't have a strategic layout so I only make around 260-280k per day and I have quite a few counters out with different serving prices so it's quite hard to compute because I can't just divide my profit by one serving price. xD Should I make the effort and subtract the sold food from every single counter in 24 hours or does anyone have a better way?

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast