Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Profits and Strategy

Nightclub Owner

Profits and Strategy

The Level 99 post was closed but it was an interesting and helpful discussion so I am hoping we can continue posting our findings here.

Originally Posted by marianagresta :

Acording to Sehana's chart Red Velvet Cake has the highest profit/serving by far ($7.02), so when I started cooking this recipe exclusively, money started to multiply.
    With 36 ovens and the right table disposition, I'm taking 3 days to make $1.000.000.

Is anybody doing more
    Can you share?

I don't know how much is the max servings sold/day. It must be around 43k to 45k, according to my calculations. And I didn't know also that selling is faster with the game opened.

Well, I have done some math and put important calculations on Sehana's Chart:

Cooking Time: so you can plan your life if you're not able to keep cooking anytime of the day or don't want to wake up during the night to do the work.
    Income/Day*: How much money you will make in a day (already discounted the money you will spend to cook the recipe again)
    Profit/Serving: It is the basic data froom Sehana's Chart to calculate "Income/Day". It is the main data to take on account when you are choosing a recipe to make money.
    Number of Appliances: It is the number of appliance one must have in order to keep production rate equal to selling rate.
    Initial Investment: It is the minimum $ one must have to start cooking the recipe.

* Note that Income/day is totaly proportional to Profit/Serving, so if you look at one column you don't have to look to the other column, but it is more illustrative than profit/serving column.

This the chart for 43,000 servings/day selling rate:

This is the chart for 58,666 servings/day selling rate:

You see, there is a column "$ you will have by the end of the 65th day if you throw your food away and start cooking only this recipe" and column "Days to make 15200000", both show that if you clear all your counters and start cooking anything from Red Velvet Cake to Banana Bread will help you have more money to keep buying new items for decorations as they are released. I believe Hot Apple Cider is a good one, because it will take only 28 appliances to keep the production equal to consuming rate.

But again, if you are focusing on mastering recipes, bear in mind that you are paying for the gems you get from mastering recipes. You cannot have profit AND master recipes at the same time.
    Last edited by bobbyrae; 01-28-14 at 09:50 AM.

Nightclub Owner
    marianagresta, would you mind modifying the chart to show the results for 18 ovens? I suspect most of us have 18 and would love to see the comparison.

Executive Chef
    the thing is to cook mixed foods so your average number of slots equals 18.
    because the consumption rate is constant.
    it's easier to do than to explain, u just switch to something with that number less than 18 when your stock drops low and vice versa.

Nightclub Owner
    So 12 hours ago I stopped all cooking and put my ovens in storage. So for the past 12 hours I have made a total of 237,796 coins. I did not leave my game "on"/"open" during this time, because I forgot

I have a somewhat efficient design and sold ONLY :

1. Red Velvet cake (2 counters)
    2. Earl Grey Tea (2 counters)
    3. Sweet Potato Pie (1 counter)
    4. Black Forest cake (1 counter)

That was quite a bit for 12 hours because that would mean that I could potentially make 475,592 coins in 24 hours. And apparently could make a bit more if I left my game open. Interesting. Did not expect that at all.

Nightclub Owner
    Question for those who do it. When you leave your game "open" on an ipad does it mean leaving it running in the background while other apps may be running in the foreground? Or is it running on the screen with the ipad never "going to sleep" all night?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Question for those who do it. When you leave your game "open" on an ipad does it mean leaving it running in the background while other apps may be running in the foreground? Or is it running on the screen with the ipad never "going to sleep" all night?
    The latter. Just need to keep it charged while you do it.

Fashion Designer
    So, it's finally happened, I sold out all my food--everything-- and I need assistance figuring out how many ovens I need to have RVC last selling out in my bakery the 22hrs until the next batch comes off the oven.

I'm assuming, since there are ~1,225 servings per batch, to get to the 43,000 servings per day would be 35 batches of RVC each on their own counter. That isn't an option with my 18 ovens, so what would you bakery profit-oriented gurus suggest?
    y OU CANʼT TAKE
    t h e s k y f r o m m e .
    ☁ ☁
    ☁ ☁  ⋆

Executive Chef
    Ideally you should have actually started making RVC a week before All your food sold out. You would need to buy an additional 17 ovens (so spend 85,000 coins) and then what the cost is to bake it 35 times. By the way, if you're only selling nothing but RVC, you don't need to have it spread across several counters, one counter is enough as it's not competing to be sold along with other recipes at the same time.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by OnCloudDivine View Post
    So, it's finally happened, I sold out all my food--everything-- and I need assistance figuring out how many ovens I need to have RVC last selling out in my bakery the 22hrs until the next batch comes off the oven.

I'm assuming, since there are ~1,225 servings per batch, to get to the 43,000 servings per day would be 35 batches of RVC each on their own counter. That isn't an option with my 18 ovens, so what would you bakery profit-oriented gurus suggest?
    First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You have done what most of us have never managed to do. Lol. You should try filochick's suggested strategy of selling only candy corn muffins from the candy oven. Would love to know how it works out for you.

Thanks for the answer btw filochick. Gonna try it tonight. Am so hoping I can sell as much as you have overnight. I need these remaining counters cleared!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    You need to block the overnight pop ups due to gifts from neighbors or it won't work. My method is to switch to camera mode when you leave the screen on. Although I don't run my game open overnight anymore since it seems to eat a lot of my bandwidth data limit (don't have wi-fi).

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast