Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1210

Thread: The Whatever Thread, part 4. Woot!

The Honorable Panda
    Well I am very proud of my mom. Dad got a cell phone for her.(her first one). She has had it for about 2 months and she is now a texting diva!! LOL

I went to see her Sunday and took her my kindle fire and set up a facebook account for her. She called me this morning confused. (the kindle fire facebook app is not easy to use). I finally found her a tutorial and sent that to her (yes she now also has her first email account!) so hopefully it will help her
    navigate her facebook.
    She is very excited that all her kids and grandkids accepted her friend request!

My mom is not in good health and the doctors are surprised that she is still with us. They say it is her positive attitude.
    Well I say it is the love for her kids and especially Grandkids that keep her going.
    Now she can keep in touch with want they are doing and do a little facebook creeping! LOL
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by RealFarmer1222 View Post
    I bet they'll be math wizards seeing how well rabbits multiply
    Quote Originally Posted by chokdii View Post
    Ha ha and magic to seeing as how they are all females :-P

Funny. Soooooooo funny, especially in light of recent discoveries.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by RealFarmer1222 View Post
    I bet they'll be math wizards seeing how well rabbits multiply
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    Well I am very proud of my mom. Dad got a cell phone for her.(her first one). She has had it for about 2 months and she is now a texting diva!! LOL

I went to see her Sunday and took her my kindle fire and set up a facebook account for her. She called me this morning confused. (the kindle fire facebook app is not easy to use). I finally found her a tutorial and sent that to her (yes she now also has her first email account!) so hopefully it will help her
    navigate her facebook.
    She is very excited that all her kids and grandkids accepted her friend request!

My mom is not in good health and the doctors are surprised that she is still with us. They say it is her positive attitude.
    Well I say it is the love for her kids and especially Grandkids that keep her going.
    Now she can keep in touch with want they are doing and do a little facebook creeping! LOL
    I find the fb app (across all platforms) difficult to navigate so I stick with fb in the browser, kooky. I think the way these new smart phones and tablets are being designed makes it so much easier for everybody to become tech savvy. Good for your mom.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post

navigate her facebook.

Which TeamLava game are you going to introduce her to first?

My sister-in-law's mother got a smartphone a couple of months ago after many years with a regular cell phone. Verizon offers free classes and she's been going to the classes for her phone, and practicing in-between. Not sure what they have been teaching her, but every month she has been going over on her data plan, continuing to prove that nothing is "free."

Hope your mother enjoys her family (and her phone) for many years to come.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    Which TeamLava game are you going to introduce her to first?
    Candymania I say.

They have classes for smart phones? That last for months?? Goodness what are they teaching in there? Admittedly I don't know half the stuff my phone can do and probably will never know. Recently I realised my android could screen capture by holding down the home button and volume button at the same time until I heard the click. Man that opened up a whole new world for me when i discovered that!

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Candymania I say.

They have classes for smart phones? That last for months?? Goodness what are they teaching in there? Admittedly I don't know half the stuff my phone can do and probably will never know. Recently I realised my android could screen capture by holding down the home button and volume button at the same time until I heard the click. Man that opened up a whole new world for me when i discovered that!
    Verizon (phone carrier) has classes. I'm not sure about the other carriers, even the one I'm on. The classes stretch out for months because they are specific to the phone, so you only go when there is a class for your phone. I'm not on Verizon so I don't know how often the classes are for each phone. They probably hold them at certain locations in an area. I know they showed her how to set up and use email. They also go through apps, although I'm not sure how they choose them.

I love the screenshot capability also. Its something you can't figure out by playing with the menus. Like the zoom function. My then 7 or 8 year old nephew showed me how to zoom in on my phone camera by pushing out with my fingers on the screen, which is a lot quicker than going in the menus and using the zoom bar like I was doing.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Funny. Soooooooo funny, especially in light of recent discoveries.
    Lol I know. Snowball will be getting neutered at the end of August. I checked my other rabbits. They are definetly female. Dumb sales lady probably knew it was male and only told me female cause she knew I wouldn't have bought him and it was the last floppy eared rabbit left.
    Sorry not accepting new nbrs on any games 🌸

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    Verizon (phone carrier) has classes. I'm not sure about the other carriers, even the one I'm on. The classes stretch out for months because they are specific to the phone, so you only go when there is a class for your phone. I'm not on Verizon so I don't know how often the classes are for each phone. They probably hold them at certain locations in an area. I know they showed her how to set up and use email. They also go through apps, although I'm not sure how they choose them.

I love the screenshot capability also. Its something you can't figure out by playing with the menus. Like the zoom function. My then 7 or 8 year old nephew showed me how to zoom in on my phone camera by pushing out with my fingers on the screen, which is a lot quicker than going in the menus and using the zoom bar like I was doing.
    Whenever I need to learn how to do something I google it. Lol. Gotta love the Google. Either that or I sit around playimg with my phone until something happens. That's what happened with my ipad. Learned how to do everything almost by accident.

Farm Supplier
    Party rock is in the house tonight.nobodys going to have a good time
    No longer active

The Honorable Panda
    This thread has now reached 100 pages. Part Five has been started here.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request