Page 54 of 119 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Story Breeding Experiments/Theories Part IV

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Hostler View Post
    I have a suggestion that has worked for me while breeding. I have a list of 10-15 combinations I want to try. I go down the list so I am not doing the same combination over and over. I still get the usual common dragons alot, but I seem to get the one I want faster than breeding the same two over and over. I spent about two weeks and finally got the diamond with a combination of Cherry Blossom and Planet. In the meantime I got alot of other dragons I didn't have. Anyway this works for me .
    Can you give an example of such a list? I'm curious.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaboe View Post
    Can you give an example of such a list? I'm curious.

Do you want a list of any combinations? Here is mine!

Life + Water = Magic
    Fruitful + Eagle = Wild
    Air + Forrest = Mist
    Air + Water = Rainbow
    Magic + Forrest = Poison
    Fire + Magic = Charm
    Poison + Magic = Familiar
    Poison + Coral = Island
    Water + Magic = Night
    Charm + Eagle = Gem
    Light + Fire = Virtue Pink
    Poison + Eagle = Honey Bee
    rainbow + light = Griffin
    Water +fire = athletic
    familiar + honey bee = Planet
    Charm + fruitful= social
    Air + light = sunrise
    familiar + light = fuzzy
    Magic + virtue =laser light
    Familiar + athletic =aether
    Yellow + Black = Leo
    Gem + magic boosted =aurora
    Magic + eagle = diamond
    Epic wild + eagle = owl
    Diamond + sunrise = angel
    Falling leaf + angel = diamond
    Fire + Leo = Hanukkah
    Rainbow + Angel = Gold
    Topaz - craft
    Emerald - craft
    Scarecrow + aurora = Forrestfire
    Air + Titan = mythic, 2x
    Diamond + Diamond = Night
    winter + Love = Goodwitch
    Rainbow + Poison = Jewlery
    Fire + Forrest = Rose
    kistune + Light = valentine

Good luck!

Executive Chef
    Lol, nah, was thinking about a different list. Something like, let's say you want a lacewing. Than, for me, it would be:
    Origami + any type = 25 possible dragons, of which 7 I want, but also a Sunrise (24 hours) and a Titan (32 hours)
    Magic + Virtue = 9 dragons, of which I only want 1, and a Titan
    Virtue + Night = 24 dragons, of which 5 I want, and no nasty long commons
    Virtue + Cosmic = 23 dragons, 7 I want, but like the first combo, also the Sunrise and Titan.
    Virtue + Leo = 45 dragons, 16 I want, but also the Titan, Sunrise and Moon (31 hours)

I could go on, but your post gave me an idea, and this is how I worked it out. In this case, I would go for the Virtue/Night combo, and then change it for the Virtue/Leo combo.

Farm Supplier
    Does anyone know if the level of the dragons you are breeding affects your chances for the less common dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by chemgirl77 View Post
    Does anyone know if the level of the dragons you are breeding affects your chances for the less common dragons?
    It doesn't matter what level your dragons are when breeding. Also, how "rare" your dragons are and what side you put the dragons in the breeding den do it matter.

Farm Supplier
    wow, never would have imagined that what side they were on would matter. I'm assuming it should be the same as the color order you want when done? Safe to assume the rare dragons create rare dragons more often?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cakeandpie View Post
    So I'm breeding black/pink over and over and over for Mask, Black Swan (I already have it but I need the large black gem for Jade), Goblin, Blue Moon, Cherry Blossom, Origami, and Lacewing. I haven't gotten a SINGLE one of those things. I've gotten 11 hours 8 times, but ALL 8 of those were Athletic. Both Mask and Athletic are supposedly rare, but there has to be SOMETHING amiss that ALL 8 times, it was Athletic. That is beyond a statistical anomaly. It should NOT be this hard!! All I can get are things I already have. I'm getting really discouraged, because I should have gotten at least one of these things on my list by now--3 of them are supposedly just "rare," after all. It seems like the game knows what you have and only gives you that. Hmpf.

I haven't kept a list of what I breed. I try to breed by how the quest book says but there are soooo many it makes my eyes cross. So I set out to breed Mistmoth and was determined to just keep at it with the two colors you are supposed to use. Finally after several days and many misses I got Mistmoth yesterday. But I usually get bored with that method after several attempts and just pick two randomly to see what happens. I did that today, bred my Cleopatra with my new Amber and what did I get? Another Mistmoth! I've gotten several different dragons just choosing at random and have no clue as to how the result came about.

I've been trying to get a Lacewing for many days now and so far no luck. I don't have a Diamond yet either and have tried many times to get the Double Rainbow but no luck there either.
    Last edited by Zummat; 04-25-14 at 05:26 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by chemgirl77 View Post
    wow, never would have imagined that what side they were on would matter. I'm assuming it should be the same as the color order you want when done? Safe to assume the rare dragons create rare dragons more often?
    Nothing there applies
    <-Add me - dubbleyooteeyef - on Dragon Story or Castle Story. I don't visit or chat much as I already spend too much time on my own clicks - but I'm on often to send and return items and ingredients.

Dragon Story World Event and Arena Tips in my Profile (Visitor Comments Page) ................. Next Tournaments - ** not sure TL messed up the routine** - with Minis on Weekends in between.

Executive Chef
    I'm having no luck when trying for this or that dragon, i tend to get certain dragons often while other seem far far out of reach constantly - i do think it's somehow preset what results i get, and the rarity has nothing to do with it at all. I get some Super Rares often, while some Rares just cannot be bred by me using same dragons - the rarity ranks are definetly very often nothing but a big misleading joke.

Since i managed to get an extra Quetzal i've decided to use this one along with a Night dragon, and just keep on breeding these two, over and over again, to see outcome. It'd be nice getting Diamond hybrids, but also Mistmoth, Hunter, Familiar, Troll and Aurora.

But - Island, Poison and Coral is what i expect to get, possibly some Aethers and maybe Atlantis too - the latter two are ofc Super Rares but i am certain i will get more of those before i get any Rares i don't have.

It'll be an intersting experiment, first cooldown i got was 15 hours meaning it's Atlantis or Aurora - an Aurora would be a nice start but i am expecting another Atlantis since i have gotten this before...we'll see, i hope i'm wrong!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by MakJulos View Post
    I'm having no luck when trying for this or that dragon, i tend to get certain dragons often while other seem far far out of reach constantly - i do think it's somehow preset what results i get, and the rarity has nothing to do with it at all. I get some Super Rares often, while some Rares just cannot be bred by me using same dragons - the rarity ranks are definetly very often nothing but a big misleading joke.

Since i managed to get an extra Quetzal i've decided to use this one along with a Night dragon, and just keep on breeding these two, over and over again, to see outcome. It'd be nice getting Diamond hybrids, but also Mistmoth, Hunter, Familiar, Troll and Aurora.

But - Island, Poison and Coral is what i expect to get, possibly some Aethers and maybe Atlantis too - the latter two are ofc Super Rares but i am certain i will get more of those before i get any Rares i don't have.

It'll be an intersting experiment, first cooldown i got was 15 hours meaning it's Atlantis or Aurora - an Aurora would be a nice start but i am expecting another Atlantis since i have gotten this before...we'll see, i hope i'm wrong!
    Sure enough - the result turned out to be another "Super Rare" (lol) Atlantis rather than a Rare Aurora, thank you TL...

Next breeding attempt gave a 20 hour cooldown, this means it's a Common Island or a Super Rare Troll - i think i can promise it's not a Troll i'm getting....
    Signature hmm...if i actually get this working i's just like to say that Cheez Dooodles and Coca Cola is good for you, perhaps not very good, but still! And, not accepting any more random neighbor requests, say something first, plz! Have a great day!