Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Confirmation button

Host(ess)
    Yes i agree with this i saved up some gems and only spent half of them around black friday and the other day restaurant story kept popping up notifications and i made a mistake and bought a box. it would be nice if the said are you sure you want to buy this box.

Rhino Keeper
    yes is so true we need a confirm purchase button to protect our gems.

Completely agree!!! We need a confirmation button!!!

Executive Chef
    Want this of course but not hopeful of getting it. Also imo the 'recover all dishes instantly' is the biggest gem trap of all and should should be removed instantly!

Host(ess)

Angry SO tired of all the gem traps

It's always been bad, but lately it's gotten ridiculous. I've lost so many gems for stupid stuff that no one would actually do. Like, why would I ever buy coins when I have 11,000,000??? Come on. Or finish food when I have a restaurant full?? All of the lags, popups and glitches are horrible. There have even been times that it comes up and says I finished all my ovens and takes 50+ gems from me when I am nowhere near my devices to click them to do anything with the food. But, alas. The game freezes up, lags a bit, and all of the food is done and my gems are gone.

Good thing I haven't wasted any actual money on these gems that they just take back at will.

I've been loyal to this company for a long time and am about to stop playing altogether. I've contacted their support many times to no avail.

Not happy at all.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 01-21-15 at 12:35 PM. Reason: inappropriate language-bypass word filter

Fashion Designer
    I haven't been playing for long but have fallen into a few gem traps...only losing a few each time...but regardless, still was an obvious trap. I sort of get that TL or whomever sets this up so that people will lose gems and buy more (have to assume that's the plan). I bought a few when I first started, but after the trap experience, I won't pay for any more til there is a confirm button. When I am sure that I am spending on whatvI want, thenvI will purchase more. Til then, will make due with what I earn.

Post PETITION: END GEM TRAPS (Please sign or comment)

Gem traps are basically buttons that cost gems (that consist of "Speed up" buttons on timers, "Skip" buttons on quests or "Buy / Buy all" buttons on purchases) which give no confirmation check when pressed.
    This means that it fails to ask "Are you sure?" when pressed on, in addition these buttons can appear when not expected and in some cases can be quite big like on "Skip" in some quests. They can also appear where other normal buttons exist like in the stores, so normal purchasing buttons where you spend coins are swapped with gem trap buttons in exactly the same place.

Now the problem is when you accidentally press these buttons and lose valuable gems when you didn't mean to. Normally this wouldn't be a problem however Team Lava apparently see it fit to enforce a "No Refunds" policy on most cases of accidental purchases, if not all cases.

It is not just Restaurant Story 2 where this "Gem Trap" button method has existed, some people say it's almost every Team Lava game. Whether it's intentional or not, something must be done to correct the issue.

All that we're asking is a function that says "Are you sure you want to spend X amount of gems?" with a button saying "Yes" and a button saying "No" if a button is pressed that means spending Gems.
    That is not hard to implement, so why isn't it being done?

I think to be fair, Team Lava may not be aware of these Gem Traps, lets make this petition big enough to get their attention and see if they care about their customers.

Absolutely agree

Quote Originally Posted by threepwood14 View Post
    Gem traps are basically buttons that cost gems (that consist of "Speed up" buttons on timers, "Skip" buttons on quests or "Buy / Buy all" buttons on purchases) which give no confirmation check when pressed.
    This means that it fails to ask "Are you sure?" when pressed on, in addition these buttons can appear when not expected and in some cases can be quite big like on "Skip" in some quests. They can also appear where other normal buttons exist like in the stores, so normal purchasing buttons where you spend coins are swapped with gem trap buttons in exactly the same place.

Now the problem is when you accidentally press these buttons and lose valuable gems when you didn't mean to. Normally this wouldn't be a problem however Team Lava apparently see it fit to enforce a "No Refunds" policy on most cases of accidental purchases, if not all cases.

It is not just Restaurant Story 2 where this "Gem Trap" button method has existed, some people say it's almost every Team Lava game. Whether it's intentional or not, something must be done to correct the issue.

All that we're asking is a function that says "Are you sure you want to spend X amount of gems?" with a button saying "Yes" and a button saying "No" if a button is pressed that means spending Gems.
    That is not hard to implement, so why isn't it being done?

I think to be fair, Team Lava may not be aware of these Gem Traps, lets make this petition big enough to get their attention and see if they care about their customers.

This happened to me a couple times already on stupid tomatoes and eggs of all things!!!! I pressed too quickly, not happy but didn't bother to contact team lava because I know NOTHING will be done about it

Rhino Keeper
    Well I'm sure your not the only one wanting gem traps being removed. i don't know why TL doesn't bother doing something about it. It's not any benefit to them.

New Resident
    I have lost lots of gems for the reasons discussed above. Don't bother sending an email about accidentally clicking and loosing gems. I emailed a few days ago and they finally replied. They will not add the lost gems back.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast