Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Desert Circus - Levels 439 - 444 (Region 74)

Lol, I know what you mean--I hate spending gold (only do it when I'm absolutely losing my mind on a level. Made it pretty far into the game without using boosts or buying extra time...but eventually I got "fed up" too...) Level 439 is etched in my mind. When I read your post about the "upper glass squares," I immediately knew which level you meant--it's so hard to get to them. I'm glad they added more moves to the level, much needed. And thank goodness for diamonds (and "lucky" rounds, like when I got a blaster + bomb combo at the top of the board. Wow, at the time I was SO excited!)

Anyway, congrats on passing--level 439's a tough one! And def don't feel bad about the gold. If you have to spend a little once in awhile to bypass difficult or frustrating levels--so be it. It's only now & then, to continue enjoying the game, and moving on to more fun levels. I used to stress on it, but not anymore. I just accept that occasionally, I have to spend a little $ to avoid the frustration of certain levels. And since I don't spend ANY gold/gems on my other games, I don't feel too wasteful...

Good luck, and have fun!!!

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks!

Now I'm stuck on 441. There are 5 more moves and yesterday everything was going well. I played a bunch of times and ended up with a fire or two left. I feel like something changed over night because I've played nine times today and only once got the lock & chain open. Most times I'd run out of moves with the count still somewhere around 10. Im waiting for my energy to refill and then back to it! It bugs me that I saw the end so many times yesterday so I know it totally doable.

Other changes:

Level 440: has 35 more seconds bringing it to 3:45. I was stuck there for a bit Ithink because I couldnt clear the restricted black jewels. Once I was able to get through those it was easier (slightly). Bomb and blastercombos definitely came in handy!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Level 442: Dig 11 meters in 70 moves (5JC.)
    This one now has 80 moves. I'm so jealous Phaedrakiki made it through on the first try. I've only tried once and managed to only clear one row in 80 moves. It's so pathetic I couldn't help but laugh. Try, try again!

Lol, limonepledge...I'm sure I just got my lucky level on my first try. Otherwise I'd no doubt have been stranded there for awhile. That level has a lot going on at the top, so I probably got a good combo right away, allowing me to get past the "harder part" quickly. You'll get yours soon!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Level 443: 35 glass in 2:00
    This is one hard level! I got through it in about a day, which amazes me. It's now at 3:20 so that extra time sure helps. When I played there were always tons of black jewels falling in. At one point I counted 12. Unfortunately I always had a hard time making blasters so they all just fell to the bottom, which made it even harder to get through. On the winning round I was able to make a few horizontal blasters at the bottom which took care of the black jewels and glass!

Rhino Keeper
    Level 444: Extinguish 14 fires in 35 moves. (5JC). This level is pretty similar to 441 with two fires on the top right and left corners. But here the other 12 (and a row of restricted jewels) are hidden under a 45 count lock and chain. The color of the lock changes every time. I've been refreshing to make sure that I start with either matches in the L&C color, a match that takes out one of the top flames of a match that makes a special jewel.

I have yet to get through it and so far it's just like 441 to me. For a while I get through the L&C and run out of moves when there are only a couple fires left. Now I'm struggling to even unlock the flames or the upper ones start taking over the board. I think once you get through as long as you have enough moves left it shouldn't be that hard to extinguish all the flames...it's just getting to that point. It doesn't seem too hard to make special jewels, but the number of L&C colored jewels is really limited or when I play they all seem to fall right next to the fire and get gobbled up. Over the last 4 rounds I think I've only gotten the count down to about 10..sometimes it's still in the 20s.

Next island: Magma Mayhem

Hmmm...sounds like they added time (+ 1:20) and extra black jewels to Level 443! Glad to see it's not giving you any more trouble!

I was wondering what happened to my Level 444 post--maybe I forgot to make one? I still have my orig. screenshot, so I looked back and saw I actually had 40 moves on 444. I def remember struggling with this level. I'm really surprised they took moves away (espec. since they've been adding them!) I had made notes--looks like I passed with lots of diamonds, including a diamond + blaster.

Good luck to you!

Rhino Keeper
    I'm really surprised too that they subtracted moves. I've gotten so used to looking up the levels and seeing they've added some. I still struggle, but it's nice to know that people made it through with less so I should be able to also.

I finally made it through 444 with a bomb and blaster combo on the bottom. So glad to be moving on!

Level 444 and 3 Stars!

I got 1st place on the leaderboard here but didn't get 3 stars. I blew it out of the park! What gives? I don't move on till I get 3 stars!
    Quote Originally Posted by limonepledge View Post
    I'm really surprised too that they subtracted moves. I've gotten so used to looking up the levels and seeing they've added some. I still struggle, but it's nice to know that people made it through with less so I should be able to also.

I finally made it through 444 with a bomb and blaster combo on the bottom. So glad to be moving on!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by CerealKlller View Post
    I got 1st place on the leaderboard here but didn't get 3 stars. I blew it out of the park! What gives? I don't move on till I get 3 stars!

Given what you've written, it sounds like you've got three stars in every level up until 444. Can you confirm what your score is on level 394 as I am finding it impossible to get three stars on that?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	20457

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12