Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Appliances Locked by Goals

Executive Chef
    I've been playing since March 2012. I think old goal items that are locked should be made Available to be purchased with gems or a huge amount of coins - maybe 5 million each? Gems to unlock the goal and then more gems to purchase the item. The reason I say that is because even after completing the goal and unlocking the item, if you want more than one, you still need to pay either with gems or coins.
    Last edited by filochick1982; 11-17-14 at 06:12 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Okay, don't hate me guys.

I kind of like having the goals locked because it feels more exclusive for us older players, who were around then. I think TL should just remove the items from those who have it locked because it's constantly taunting them. A lot of bakeries are beginning to look the same, but these older items makes makes some bakeries more special. There will always be more beautiful items in the future.

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by chewytwix View Post
    Okay, don't hate me guys.

I kind of like having the goals locked because it feels more exclusive for us older players, who were around then. I think TL should just remove the items from those who have it locked because it's constantly taunting them. A lot of bakeries are beginning to look the same, but these older items makes makes some bakeries more special. There will always be more beautiful items in the future.
    I kinda agree with that, but have you seen the appliances tab in a newly-started game lately? I didn't count, but saying there are more locked than unlocked wouldn't be too far off, and I don't think it's fair to penalize players for not knowing the game existed in time. :/ For decor, absolutely, keep it exclusive, but stoves/recipes are the main source of gems for a lot of people, and there are a LOT of lost gems in those locked stoves. Yeah, there will be more to come, but when they come one at a time, they're precious, ya know? :-)

As far as removing them from view when they don't get unlocked, the game itself won't allow that. Not easily, anyway. Unless they wanna sit there and go through each individual game manually to see what's locked for that person and block view of it (not mentioning possibly having to reverse all that later if things change!), it's either remove it for everybody or just leave it sitting there. Otherwise, those who did unlock it would lose access, because the icon would be gone for them too. :-(

Farm Supplier
    I totally agree with tinkthots.... I hate to see that i cant earn gems thru locked ovens as i earn them thru mastering recipies n not buy them.... Imagine how many gems lost !!!!

Executive Chef
    It wouldn't take that much programming on that clipboard to open up old goals to new players. Any goals to all players, really. Just a revamping of the options...

1 Choose a goal set and launch it. Musical, halloween, tea time, 2012 xmas, whatever. Every step, timer and all, the same way everyone else got it. Once it's been launched though, that's it - complete the set in the given time frame, or don't get the prizes. No do-overs, no repeats, one shot, that's it. The difference is the voluntary start time - no more losing out when circumstances beyond your control keep you from playing during whatever time those goals are released, since now you're releasing them.

2 Skip a goal set completely. Not for gems, just to un-clutter the clipboard. Again, no do-overs, no repeats, one shot, that's it. Skip a set, it never comes back. That makes it your choice to regret, not your "too bad, so sad" when that was the month you were hospitalized, or at camp, or whathaveyou.

TL can't know what everybody's up to, and everybody is never going to be available at the same time, so picking one time that works for everybody is impossible, especially considering 'everybody' is growing every day. A new game looks pretty bleak if you start it with the knowledge that you can never have most of that locked stuff. As the amount of locked content grows, something's got to change, or that's all the design tabs will eventually consist of... :/

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by TinksThots View Post
    It wouldn't take that much programming on that clipboard to open up old goals to new players. Any goals to all players, really. Just a revamping of the options...
    They already know how to do it since there are goals available to every new player, including the sweet co set of goals.

I can understand the desire for exclusivity. That is why there are Limited offers. I can understand removing old seasonal decor to make space for new seasonal decor. But to lock appliances will never make sense to me. I just deleted a neighbour because she kept sending me parts for an appliance i have no access to. I do not even know which of the locked appliances the parts would build either.

Nightclub Owner
    Darn...hit send accidentally.

I felt bad for deleting her. She probably sees that I have decor and ovens from two years ago and assumes i had unlocked that appliance. But i had stopped playing and missed those goals. If it is that chewytwix's suggestion were to be accepted then the appliances should be removed from the game entirely for all players. Otherwise it will always create confusion when older players send or request parts for locked appliances.

Executive Chef
    That's why it makes no sense at all that there's no real info in the game. There's nothing in the gift box or the appliances tab to show what parts build what, or ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT ANYTHING ANYWHERE IN THE GAME to give anyone any kind of clue, other than trial-and-error and getting deleted and lectured. That's not a fun way to learn a new game, but that's the way every newbie gets introduced to it all, and that sucks.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by hiralhg View Post
    I totally agree with tinkthots.... I hate to see that i cant earn gems thru locked ovens as i earn them thru mastering recipies n not buy them.... Imagine how many gems lost !!!!
    That's exactly the point of the ovens being locked (and recipes being taken away from the oven and drink machine at the beginning of the year), so new players can't get a large number of gems for free. TL wants new players to BUY gems. If they kept every old recipe and appliance available to new players, too many would be available to earn for TL's desired economy. If I were them and trying to make money, I would make old goals unlocked for gems, to see how many people would go crazy at the lack of completeness in their games and spend gems to unlock old floor decor and recipes.

Farm Supplier
    I stopped playing over a year ago, right before goals were released for Android. I started over a few months ago on my new device, with no idea about any new log in process, since I didn't think to check the forum first. The lack of ANY information/direction in the game is ridiculous, it's straight up laziness on TL's part. If you don't think to Google for help and find these very helpful forums, you're pretty much screwed. How would else would you know half the stuff in the catalog is gone forever? There is no reason old goal stuff should show up in brand new games, and I don't think its because they would have to take it away from all players. There are plenty of online games with limited edition items, and the players who have them, have them without them being in everyone elses game. If they aren't ever going to be made available to new games, they should be deleted. If that means you can't keep building them indefinitely after the goal period, so what? They are limited, after all.

As far as offering them for insane amounts of gems, aren't we robbed of gems enough as it is?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast