Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game always force-closes

Rhino Keeper

Game always force-closes

Every time I spend more than about a minute on my game it jut closes itself. Noticed this particularly when I try to send a dragon on a quest. Been like this for a week or so and now really pissed off so have deleted it.

Senior Moderator
    Which device are you on?
    Whenever you are having issues, try these two things first - restart your device,
    and delete and reinstall the app. Your progress is saved on TLs servers.
    Contact me by PM

Rhino Keeper
    iPod so ios

Senior Moderator
    Which generation? Are you able to double tap the home button, and have the screen partially lift? If yes, close out DS and any other apps you can. Press and hold one until they all start shaking, and a little red minus sign appears on them, then press the red minus.

If no, hold the home and power buttons, through the power off, until the Apple symbol appears.
    Whenever you are having issues, try these two things first - restart your device,
    and delete and reinstall the app. Your progress is saved on TLs servers.
    Contact me by PM

Rhino Keeper
    That didn't work.

Executive Chef
    I have the same problem and none suggestions have fixed it either. If anything, it is now not only worse, but I have noticed other TL games have started crashing as well. (ipod touch 4, latest updates on everything - DS, CS and the latest farm story 2 all seem to be crashing. BS and FS are fine)

Rhino Keeper
    I hsve iPad first generation 5.1.1 with latest game version has for past year Dragon always crashes (2 prior years it didn't crash ).. Crashes when .collecting, opening game, planting,healing ,breeding ,posting ,quest post ..... Only time it really doesn't crash is if I am able to get to artic isle...strange ..it's like a safe spot if I can get there ...

Also castle & pet shop crashes all the time too ( RS ,farm ,bs never crash in the 3 years playing )..

Castle and Dragon..every few minutes ..force close all apps...daily ..uninstall ..shut off device and reinstall ...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by angela3737 View Post
    I hsve iPad first generation 5.1.1 with latest game version has for past year Dragon always crashes (2 prior years it didn't crash ).. Crashes when .collecting, opening game, planting,healing ,breeding ,posting ,quest post ..... Only time it really doesn't crash is if I am able to get to artic isle...strange ..it's like a safe spot if I can get there ...

Also castle & pet shop crashes all the time too ( RS ,farm ,bs never crash in the 3 years playing )..

Castle and Dragon..every few minutes ..force close all apps...daily ..uninstall ..shut off device and reinstall ...
    my DS doesn't crash in the Arctic Isles either. I figured it is because it is so small so there is not much animation going on.
    I gave up on PS because of the crashing, and now DS is heading the same way. BS and FS have never been a problem for me either, but there is very little animation in those games. I think the animation is the problem, unfortunately

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by mymummy789 View Post
    I think the animation is the problem, unfortunately
    Almost definitely. I have constant problems with DS and CS crashing, but none with RS and BS... UNTIL a ton of customers get on the screen, then it'll slow to a crawl, and crash if I don't get to a different screen quickly enough.

Executive Chef
    I have been trying an experiment over the past couple of days - pretending I don't have the battle arena or quest thingy, so I have only been coin collecting, harvesting and breeding. And I have noticed a big improvement. Having got over my "must have every dragon" obsession, I think I will continue to do this until even that doesn't work. Then I will accept defeat and delete.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast