Page 3 of 174 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: New Battle Arena Tournament for Ninja

Banned
    Umm, Do I have to update because I don't have this..

Executive Chef
    Sand was right! Well, here we go again. Hope I have enough dragons healed!

1. Fire defeated by Fireworks 10 MM

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by funnyrandomness5112 View Post
    Umm, Do I have to update because I don't have this..
    Why? Are you not up to date? Last update I did was for the ice dragons I think

Fashion Designer
    Love the new update but dislike the dragon being a new element big time... Now we are going to be limited to one habitat for this dragon and it sucks I loved how the previous tournament dragons all had two of the old regular elements so that we could move them between of our old habitats if we wanted to. Now that's not going to be possible! Booo!

BUT, I do like the dragon itself so thumbs up for that ��

Please explain to me how a little level 1 Fire dragon took out my epic Mist? Not cool that I use an epic dragon of equal rarity with two colors that supposedly win over red, and I lose? I don't have time for this %$#@. I still have one in the healing spring from the last tournament. Whatever... Enjoy your tournament, those of you who have better luck than me...

Fashion Designer
    That dragon looks just like Raphael from TMNT, but only grey. Creative much lol.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sheloco View Post
    Please explain to me how a little level 1 Fire dragon took out my epic Mist?
    Bad luck, because NO dragon has a 100% chance of beating another. The best chance is 90%. So someone is going to have a bad result. (On the flip side, even a level 1 fire can beat a level 16+ diamond breed in the later rounds, which is fortunate since I don't have any diamonds to use in those rounds.) In the Ethereal tournament, I lost twice to a level 2 Sunrise with dragons that were supposed to have an 85% chance of winning. That's about a 2-3% chance that neither would work. It was just bad luck...but I did go on to win the tournament anyway.

Executive Chef
    Beat fire lvl1 with epic water BM

Thanks for the response, cakeandpie. It confirms what I already thought -- I tend to have some pretty bad luck. LOL. I have been trying for a diamond dragon for MONTHS to no avail. At least I know it wasn't a bad choice in dragon. Thanks, and have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentValley View Post
    I don't necessarily want it "easier", but the difficulty should come from the need to choose the right dragon for an opponent and the fact that a large number of high level dragons are needed. Those who have been playing for a year, even without being in a "select group" who were given wheels and battles and other "perks", have a good stable of dragons - and should have an easier time in the arena. We earned it. New comers, with few epics, no diamonds, etc, SHOULD have a far more difficult time. They have not EARNED it, yet. By making all battle outcomes so widely randomized that opponent selection means little and dragons can be beaten with level one random dragons, the tournament does NOT get "harder" - it only gets ridiculous. Being difficult is fun, IF we are given a way that we can strive to overcome the difficulty - through time (breeding and raising more, diverse dragons) and battle strategy (opponent selection that MEANS something!). Stop trying to make all things "equal" for everyone and in doing so, making it unfair for ALL. If I liked a random game, I would join the glassy-eyed, mindless people sitting in front of the slot machines pulling a level over and over hoping for a random win. I want a game where I can calculate odds, plan opponents, breed for better outcomes.... A game where I can actually affect the outcome. Come on TeamLava - give us a GAME - not just a random gambling machine for brain dead people.
    I agree on many points. To some extent, it already IS a matter of selecting the best champions and having a formidable army of epic or near-epic super-rare, unbreedable and ultra rare dragons. It's not entirely random, but I'd have to say it is TOO random, especially where the minimimal odds are concerned.
    To be a true tournament, the following needs to happen:

1. NO MINIMUM ODDS. Right now every champion that pulls up a score of zero or less has the minimum odds of landing a critical blow. That includes weak dragons that have a deep negative score against strong challengers, e.g. the baby Fires and Forests. Zero score should mean zero chance! Then we wouldn't have ridiculous situations like "Gee this was a super tough tournament, especially since I have no ultra rares, but I managed to beat Infinity-16, DarkAngel-16, Helios-20 and Crusader-20 with throw-away Fire-1 dragons! Yay, I'm a champion!"

2. NO ULTIMATE ATTACK. Look, this option has it's place in the regular arena where, in theory, if you run into a challenger that you simply cannot beat, you would never be able to move ahead. It's not a true victory; it's a skip. There should be no skips in a tournament! If you can't beat the challenger, you should NOT be able to move forward. We have a situation now where for up to 900 gold, you can guarantee that you only fight each round ONCE; and if you just can't stand the idea of what should be a multi-day event, another 120 gold will get you through the 30 rounds in about half an hour. We HAVE seen players complete tournaments in that short amount of time!

3. ONLY ONE WAY TO GET THE PRIZE. Win! Tournament boss dragon eggs should only come from tournament victory. The boss should not be in the market before, during or after the tournament. It should be given a slot in the album for players who want information about the dragon's colors, rarity, income, etc.; but no price tag. EVER!

4. LIMITED GATE-SPEEDING. You should not be able to speed the gates on ALL the rounds. This makes a mockery on what should be a multi-day event. If players could speed the gates only a few times during the course of a tournament, it would ensure a somewhat authentic pacing. We do still need the speed option, of course, because some players start late, or repeat certain rounds several times, creating a time crunch. Speeding gates to make it through before the clock runs out is one thing; speeding in order to blow through a tournament in the first hour is another matter. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad a handful of people speed through because it gives us a list of the challengers, but TeamLava can simply give us that list and limit the number of sped rounds.

If these measures are implemented, many players who really aren't tournament-ready in the true sense will be unhappy. They will not be able to complete the challenge. They will complain that it is unfair. That doesn't necessarily mean they are excluded from the tournament experience. A gold prize for rounds 5 & 10 (in addition to the current gold prizes for rounds 15, 20 & 25) can give sub-optimal armies a chance to at least win something, then sit it out when they can go no further. How is that not fair? If they are seriously interested in the true tournament experience, hopefully they will eventually bring their dragon collection to a point where they are competitive.