Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taco Meadow - Levels 343 - 348 (Region 58)

Yay, finally beat level 346 this morning! It was driving me crazy (as most timed fire levels do.) I was frantically swiping like usual, making special jewels and trying to keep the fire from taking over. I made a diamond, and was hoping to combine it with a blaster, but it wasn't happening. If I waited much longer I would lose control, so I swapped the diamond with a bomb*. Whoosh--all the fire went out! Whoo-hoo!!! I was so excited!

*I wish I knew exactly what the diamond + bomb combo does. Can someone please tell me? I guess I'm not observant enough, cuz I can't quite figure it out. I do know it's a 2-step process. It looks like at first, the diamond clears all the jewels on the board that are the same color as the bomb (at least, I think.) But then it does something else (there's a lot of twinkling afterwards, like more jewels clearing--maybe a 2nd color?) Please post, and tell me if you know!

Level 347: 28 glass in 65 moves (5JC.) This is a very challenging level, with restricted jewels, stone jewels, and windows/cutouts.

They give you a decent amount of moves, but I still ran out many times before I finally passed. You really have to strategize carefully, and clear at least some ("most" or "all" is better!) of the stone jewels. There are quite a few, and they end up falling to the bottom of the board, getting "stuck" in that last row & in the corners. After that, it's practically impossible to even move them.

You can try moving a couple stone jewels, if needed, so that they fall where there's no glass. But you have to make sure they're not going to get in the way of the restricted jewels at the bottom. I tried moving the stone jewels and blasting the glass on the sides, etc. But remember it's double glass. If there are any stone jewels above, they'll fall right back onto that other layer of glass. A reshuffle can be very helpful on this level! I tried to only play boards with good starting moves, like those that clear stone jewels, restricted jewels, etc. (e.g., the purple blaster match w/2-stone jewels at the top right in the screenshot.) If I didn't see moves like that, I restarted the level.

Took me quite a few attempts, but I finally passed a round where I'd cleared all but one of the stone jewels, and still had 19 moves left. Usually on glass levels, I try to make moves towards the bottom, since you often get "bonus" matches as the jewels fall in. But I ended up working from the top on this one (at first, anyway,) making sure to take care of the restricted jewels & stone jewels before worrying about glass. Especially those stone jewels--you really don't want them all falling down to the bottom! But...once you get the stone jewels cleared, the rest is cake~ I really enjoyed this level--so much fun! (Though it made my brain hurt at first, trying to figure out the best moves, lol!)

Level 348: Dig 10 meters in 2:05 (5JC.) A pretty straightforward digging level, but it has several barriers. Super dirt, a couple embedded windows, and wooden walls in a cool-looking pattern all the way down to the goal line.

The walls can be a real pain, and keep you from making the moves you want to make. Special jewels seem to come pretty easily, though. The furthest I've gotten is about halfway, in my attempts so far. I'm hoping that after more practice, I'll get a better "feel" for the level...and be able to dig thru much faster! Awaiting some energy for another round...

Ugh, I hate timed levels! 348 would be challenging and fun as a moves level, but I'm finding it frustrating instead. The area under the window is quite tricky...another thing to slow you down (besides the walls.) You have to dig in from the sides to get that little area, or blast it from above while clearing super dirt--2 barriers w/ 1 blast, lol! The bottom window is probably just like it, but I haven't gotten close yet to find out. Just can't seem to get much beyond the 5th meter...

If anyone has tips/strategy for this level--other than basic digging/use special jewels & combos--please post! Cuz I just don't see how to pass this in the time allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Ugh, I hate timed levels! 348 (...)
    If anyone has tips/strategy for this level--other than basic digging/use special jewels & combos--please post! Cuz I just don't see how to pass this in the time allowed!
    Since no one had any ideas....
    JK, lol! I wrote this yesterday:
    I'm already so frustrated with this level, only getting to 5 or rarely, 6, meters. So when I made it to 8/10 meters for the first time, and had some bombs, blasters sitting there going to waste as time ran out...I decided to buy more time and get through the level however I could. I thought one press would do the trick, but I actually had to press it twice. So, once again, I had to buy my way through a level. (I've been doing so good lately, too...darn it!) Anyway, at least I'm done with this one for awhile. Only got one star, so I'll prob come back some day to improve it. The level itself isn't bad--I'd think it was really fun if it was moves. Hopefully TL will be kinder to the next person who comes along asking for more time on this level... And I'm also hoping to get a new/better device someday, that allows me to be faster (my poor iPhone's getting old.) An iPad would be awesome; I've seen posts saying you can play faster, esp. w/a stylus? Anyway...I bid ye farewell, Taco Meadow. Ooops, I mean, Adios! And "Hello" to Gummy Garrison, of course (mostly moves levels again--SO happy!)

Rhino Keeper
    I am so frustrated with 348, sure doesn't seem as if it should be so hard. I have been stuck over a week on it. Always a few seconds short or can't dig deep enough sighhh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12