Page 175 of 177 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 1764

Thread: Battle Arena Tournament for the Kaleido Dragon LIMITED[iOS]

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cakeandpie View Post
    What?!? Where did you hear this? I hope not!!! I still have sooooo many dragons exhausted! I will probably have to skip the next one no matter how awesome it is.
    Yes just a guess.
    I still have 12 Dragons waiting to heal. I may just sell some of them off since I am short of habitats and have enough gems.
    I need more Black and Pink gems. I am hesitant to trade in the Super rares which give large gems.
    Will try to breed more Super rares.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumercarefree View Post
    Yes just a guess.
    I still have 12 Dragons waiting to heal. I may just sell some of them off since I am short of habitats and have enough gems.
    I need more Black and Pink gems. I am hesitant to trade in the Super rares which give large gems.
    Will try to breed more Super rares.
    wait what? super rares give large gems? lol cool

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dracoonic View Post
    How could you not know that? Lol

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by dracoonic View Post
    yes For Super Rares with two colors you get two large gems.
    eg Parakeet give a Emerald and Topaz large gems.
    Goblin should give Onyx and Ruby large ones.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sand View Post
    That spacing allows you to heal maybe 35 to 40 dragons between tournaments without speeding the spring. Your post-tournament casualties should be under those numbers if you fight right, especially considering you can heal 20 or more DURING a tournament.
    The problem is that I didn't start using baby Fire and baby Forest on the high-level diamonds until this last tournament, so I have very high casualties from the Phoenix and Ethereal tournaments, which means I can't manage to catch up, even if I heal dragons at every opportunity. Also, during a tournament, I can heal a few in the first two days, but after that I'm mostly healing good fighters that have been exhausted in that tournament, which I may have to use again. During the Kaleido tournament, the last four healings were ALL Lotus!

Executive Chef
    The problem is that I didn't start using baby Fire and baby Forest on the high-level diamonds until this last tournament, so I have very high casualties from the Phoenix and Ethereal tournaments, which means I can't manage to catch up, even if I heal dragons at every opportunity. Also, during a tournament, I can heal a few in the first two days, but after that I'm mostly healing good fighters that have been exhausted in that tournament, which I may have to use again. During the Kaleido tournament, the last four healings were ALL Lotus!
    I have just started crafting an extra lotus and will try to craft another before the next tournament as they are usually good fighters. I have been healing all my super and rare dragons first so they are ready for the next battle. Because I used quite a few babies from failed breeding and level 4 s during the tournament, i do not have many good dragons left to heal and I will be happy to sell babies and level 4 s before I heal them if necessary.

For so long, I tried to convince people to use their epics in the first 20-25 rounds and save their youngest dragons for the end-game. Folks finally bought it, but many have taken this baby thing in a totally different direction, especially since the Buy, Battle & Bump strategy (aka Baby Brigade) became popular.
    I think fighting with baby throw-aways should be used only as a last resort, not as a go-to measure. But that's me. I've never used baby Fires or Forests in a tournament. In the Kaleido tournament, all my fighters were level 9 or 10. I realize that many don't have that kind of army, some have no ultra-rare warriors, and most will not draw up a precisely paced 30-round battle plan, which is how I roll.

Executive Chef
    2 more dragons to heal and I will be ready again to battle. Or should I say start the spa line up again.

Really wish TL would lower the time to 4 hrs or less of healing during battles. I think more people would get excited and use gold to speed rounds knowing healing time is quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by kwhales View Post
    2 more dragons to heal and I will be ready again to battle. Or should I say start the spa line up again.

Really wish TL would lower the time to 4 hrs or less of healing during battles. I think more people would get excited and use gold to speed rounds knowing healing time is quicker.
    On the one hand, some of us can remember having a 12-hr spring; on the other hand, most of us can recall paying 1 gold per hour to speed a 1-hr arena gate. TeamLava has done a lot of experimenting and tweaking to arrive at the current formats of gate time, spring time, speeding costs, Ultimate fee, difficulty of field, arrangement of opponents and length of contest.
    All things considered, the current format is a good balance. I can't see them making it TOO much harder with so many people crying as it is. However, if they lower the bar again, I would lose interest. I couldn't stand the tournaments getting any easier.
    To me, tournaments should be a challenge - as in DIFFICULT; as in No, not every contestant can cut it; as in marked by exclusive rewards that are GENUINELY exclusive! You know, you don't win the thing, you don't - no, really CAN'T - get the darn reward! (Don't get me started again on THAT sore point.)

Executive Chef
    I don't necessarily want it "easier", but the difficulty should come from the need to choose the right dragon for an opponent and the fact that a large number of high level dragons are needed. Those who have been playing for a year, even without being in a "select group" who were given wheels and battles and other "perks", have a good stable of dragons - and should have an easier time in the arena. We earned it. New comers, with few epics, no diamonds, etc, SHOULD have a far more difficult time. They have not EARNED it, yet. By making all battle outcomes so widely randomized that opponent selection means little and dragons can be beaten with level one random dragons, the tournament does NOT get "harder" - it only gets ridiculous. Being difficult is fun, IF we are given a way that we can strive to overcome the difficulty - through time (breeding and raising more, diverse dragons) and battle strategy (opponent selection that MEANS something!). Stop trying to make all things "equal" for everyone and in doing so, making it unfair for ALL. If I liked a random game, I would join the glassy-eyed, mindless people sitting in front of the slot machines pulling a level over and over hoping for a random win. I want a game where I can calculate odds, plan opponents, breed for better outcomes.... A game where I can actually affect the outcome. Come on TeamLava - give us a GAME - not just a random gambling machine for brain dead people.